Does Harmony Smart Control control Z-Wave switches? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 07-29-2013, 01:22 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I currently have a X10 light switch, however it shuts itself off very often due to noise on the line. I'm looking to replace it with something that doesn't send the on/off signal via the electric lines - hence moving to Z-Wave (feel free to make recommendations).

In the process - I'm thinking of getting a Harmony Smart Control to also control (all my equip is in a equip room away from the home theater room)- does this also control the z-wave switches without need of any additional add -ons?
Also what's the diff between the Harmony Smart Control and the too be released Harmony Ultimate Hub?
Also feel free to advise/recommend other products if you feel it'll accomplish what I need

thx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-29-2013, 02:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 279
No. For Z-Wave, you need to find yourself an old Harmony 890. Philips Hue is what the Ultimate/SmartControl Hub works with. Most other solutions are going to end up doing IR and/or powerline, which you are trying to avoid.

I've had the same issues with flaky X10. If I were in the market today, I'd probably go with Philips. For now, I'm still limping along with X10 as I have the past 15 years.
post #3 of 3 Old 07-29-2013, 02:44 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 13
thanks, though I don't see any Philips Hue wall switches to control existing (fluorescent) light
Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Logitech 915 000194 Harmony Smart Control , Logitech Harmony 890 Advanced Universal Remote Control

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page