Official URC Remote Thread for MX-780, MX-890, and MX-1200 - Page 10 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 13Likes

post #271 of 282 Old 10-27-2014, 07:12 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Thanks! Given I can get one pretty cheap, maybe I'll give it a shot. iRule isn't bad but I love hard buttons! :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by adk highlander View Post
Not at all. You configure the ports just as you would the IR ports but just use a different database with the commands. The nice part is even if all the commands are not in the database you can just add the commands manually if you have the list or know the command structure.

The biggest difference using a 400 base station is all the commands are stored on the 400 and you just send "triggers" from the remote to activate the commands on the 400. If you already have CCP then just go to the manual for the 400 and it gives nice examples of what I mean.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 282 Old 11-06-2014, 07:01 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Anyone ever have problems with some of the database codes? I have a Sony STR-DN1020 that's listed in the database, but just noticed last night that the button assigned the code for the MD/Tape input (which I have my Wii plugged into), won't change to that input. I tried entering it again and no luck.

So, I figured I'll just learn it from the original remote, but everytime I tried to learn, I got a timeout error. So two questions. What might be the issue with the database? And, why can'y I learn the codes?
post #273 of 282 Old 11-09-2014, 03:46 PM
Advanced Member

Learning Mode for mx-1200

I just installed powered curtains in my HT. They use an RF remote. Is there a way to learn the commands with the MX-1200?

Traveler
post #274 of 282 Old 11-09-2014, 07:48 PM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Probably not - unless there is an IR interface to learn them
post #275 of 282 Old 11-20-2014, 11:55 AM

Anyone try to replace the LCD screen on the MX-1200? Or for that matter, any remote LCD? I got some numbers off the back of the LCD after I took it apart, but three places I tried all said they don't carry anything like this. Any ideas as to where to start or if it's at all possible? People fix cell phone LCD's, so I would think it's possible.
post #276 of 282 Old 11-20-2014, 02:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by rschildt View Post
Anyone try to replace the LCD screen on the MX-1200? Or for that matter, any remote LCD? I got some numbers off the back of the LCD after I took it apart, but three places I tried all said they don't carry anything like this. Any ideas as to where to start or if it's at all possible? People fix cell phone LCD's, so I would think it's possible.
You're not going to find an aftermarket replacement screen, they do not sell enough for there to be market for something like that, unlike cellphones. So the only replacement would have to come from another broken mx-1200, say with unresponsive keys?

Anyways if the mx-1200 is like recent URC remotes the lcd screen is glued to board, you can't get them apart without destroying them. I have replaced screens in urc-300, Rf10, and mx-850, back then the screens would attach to the board through a slot, with a wedge keeping it in place, very easy to release. Recent URC models like the urc-r50, mx-450, and mx-780 have all been glued together.
post #277 of 282 Old 11-20-2014, 02:53 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 272 Post(s)
Liked: 160
rschildt:
Have you contacted them directly and ask if the screen is even available?

Abundant OTA television is what makes this country different from all others. Lets keep it this way. If you like Wi-Fi so much, OTA fits right in. After all, it is wireless.
post #278 of 282 Old 11-20-2014, 03:04 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 272 Post(s)
Liked: 160
MRF-260 issue

I'm having a problem with a single piece of equipment when I try to use a RF-IR repeater. The Vizio TV responds to a direct IR command from my MX-900 remote, but not the IR signal from the MRF-260.
I re-checked to see if there is any conflicting RF signals and I changed RF channels, I have even re-positioned it for more of a direct lint to the TV, but there is no response. The LED on the 260 does respond to commands sent from the remote.

Any ideas here? Out of over a dozen of other devices over the years I have had the 900 that were programmed into it, this is the first not to work through the 260 repeater.

Abundant OTA television is what makes this country different from all others. Lets keep it this way. If you like Wi-Fi so much, OTA fits right in. After all, it is wireless.
post #279 of 282 Old 11-21-2014, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmund View Post
You're not going to find an aftermarket replacement screen, they do not sell enough for there to be market for something like that, unlike cellphones. So the only replacement would have to come from another broken mx-1200, say with unresponsive keys?

Anyways if the mx-1200 is like recent URC remotes the lcd screen is glued to board, you can't get them apart without destroying them. I have replaced screens in urc-300, Rf10, and mx-850, back then the screens would attach to the board through a slot, with a wedge keeping it in place, very easy to release. Recent URC models like the urc-r50, mx-450, and mx-780 have all been glued together.
Well the cable to the LCD on the MX-1200 is also glued to the PCB. Oh well...It was worth a try. I've got a friend whose and electrical engineer at Motorola. Maybe he has an idea if it can be removed in some way without trashing it.

EDIT:Actually found an article on someone who did a similar thing to a control module in a VW. Might be do-able.

Last edited by rschildt; 11-21-2014 at 10:59 AM.
post #280 of 282 Old 11-23-2014, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by videobruce View Post
rschildt:
Have you contacted them directly and ask if the screen is even available?
Yes....Waiting on a reply from URC support/sales. They claim I'll get a response with 48 hours, but I'm not holding my breath. It's been a couple of weeks on a different question I posted to them on another issue. I don't think they like to respond to consumers.
post #281 of 282 Old Today, 10:52 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Can someone please tell me if URC X7 is compatible with MRF260 base station
post #282 of 282 Old Today, 11:04 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote: