Official URC Remote Thread for MX-780, MX-890, and MX-1200 - Page 15 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #421 of 432 Unread 08-06-2015, 07:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 768 Post(s)
Liked: 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by dickwyn View Post
I have two MX 780 and are very happy with the way I have programmed them, thanks to you people. I learned so much! Now I want to export one device from one remote and import or paste it in the second remote.

Is this easy to do?
Thanks in advance
Yes, right click on the top level node and select "Import Device"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #422 of 432 Unread 08-13-2015, 11:35 AM
IDG

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello There,

I just finished programming the MX-890, replacing my MX-850. In the MX-850, once I choose a device in Main (say Satellite Receiver - SAT), I use a Macro to do all the necessary switching and jump to the Satellite page 1. The remote screen identifies which device I am on (it says SAT at the top of the LCD). In the MX-890, on the other hand, once I perform the same action, the top of the LCD says "Auxillary" and underneath it says "additional controls", but nowhere it identifies the chosen device. I tried to program these fields without success. Is there a way to clearly identify the remote's current state (device)?

Thanks
post #423 of 432 Unread 08-13-2015, 11:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDG View Post
Hello There,

I just finished programming the MX-890, replacing my MX-850. In the MX-850, once I choose a device in Main (say Satellite Receiver - SAT), I use a Macro to do all the necessary switching and jump to the Satellite page 1. The remote screen identifies which device I am on (it says SAT at the top of the LCD). In the MX-890, on the other hand, once I perform the same action, the top of the LCD says "Auxillary" and underneath it says "additional controls", but nowhere it identifies the chosen device. I tried to program these fields without success. Is there a way to clearly identify the remote's current state (device)?

Thanks
You need to edit the pages of the satellite device and change the text to say satellite. If you click on the text you can change it.

The mx-890 is worlds more flexible than the mx-850 and can can be customized to work many different ways.
post #424 of 432 Unread 08-13-2015, 01:44 PM
IDG

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalto View Post
You need to edit the pages of the satellite device and change the text to say satellite. If you click on the text you can change it.

The mx-890 is worlds more flexible than the mx-850 and can can be customized to work many different ways.
Thanks for the prompt response. If I use the model designer view, I can change the names of the additional pages under Satellite (say from Additional 1 to SAT 1, etc) but nothing changes on the MX-890 simulator. The first satellite page still shows "Auxillary" and "additional controls" underneath. In what programming stage or tool can I modify the "Auxillary" or "additional controls"?
post #425 of 432 Unread 08-13-2015, 01:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDG View Post
Thanks for the prompt response. If I use the model designer view, I can change the names of the additional pages under Satellite (say from Additional 1 to SAT 1, etc) but nothing changes on the MX-890 simulator. The first satellite page still shows "Auxillary" and "additional controls" underneath. In what programming stage or tool can I modify the "Auxillary" or "additional controls"?
You click on the words in the simulator window, then change the text in the properties on the right.

post #426 of 432 Unread 08-13-2015, 01:57 PM
IDG

I just found it. Many thanks!
post #427 of 432 Unread Yesterday, 02:04 AM

Liked: 0
idle macro trigger

Hi All. I have a 890. Liking it alot. works well.

Is there a method to having something along the lines of a time-out or idle trigger macro? the example is, i have a custom screen that I go to for some specific functions only when needed. if I put the remote down and its unused (ie watching TV) I would like it to automatically go back to the home screen by itself after a period of time. too often I will later pickup the remote only to find the current screen to not be the 'standard' or home screen. it can be annoying due to unexpected button pushing to get to where i want.

Thanks.
post #428 of 432 Unread Yesterday, 10:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdvuyk View Post
Hi All. I have a 890. Liking it alot. works well.

Is there a method to having something along the lines of a time-out or idle trigger macro? the example is, i have a custom screen that I go to for some specific functions only when needed. if I put the remote down and its unused (ie watching TV) I would like it to automatically go back to the home screen by itself after a period of time. too often I will later pickup the remote only to find the current screen to not be the 'standard' or home screen. it can be annoying due to unexpected button pushing to get to where i want.

Thanks.
I don't know of a way to do that. You may be able to use the sleep timer but I don't really think that works the way you want it to.

From a design perspective, if you find yourself switching around frequently it may make sense to add those functions to the device that you are in.
post #429 of 432 Unread Today, 01:31 AM

Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalto View Post
I don't know of a way to do that. You may be able to use the sleep timer but I don't really think that works the way you want it to.

From a design perspective, if you find yourself switching around frequently it may make sense to add those functions to the device that you are in.
Yeah, sleep timer isn't what I need.

I spend most if my time on the main home screen. It has most things I need "Watch TV", "Watch Movie" etc. so when i pick the control up I expect to be able to go straight to those functions. However, sometimes i need other screens (within the same device) to sort unusual items out. I have a screen that lets me adjust different volumes on the system should they get out of wack with each other. But if i pick the control up hours later, i dont want to see the volume screen. id like it go back to the main home screen by itself after a period of inactivity.

But im guess this is something thats simply not there. and I cant think of any way to fake it either.
thx.
post #430 of 432 Unread Today, 07:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdvuyk View Post
Yeah, sleep timer isn't what I need.

I spend most if my time on the main home screen. It has most things I need "Watch TV", "Watch Movie" etc. so when i pick the control up I expect to be able to go straight to those functions. However, sometimes i need other screens (within the same device) to sort unusual items out. I have a screen that lets me adjust different volumes on the system should they get out of wack with each other. But if i pick the control up hours later, i dont want to see the volume screen. id like it go back to the main home screen by itself after a period of inactivity.

But im guess this is something thats simply not there. and I cant think of any way to fake it either.
thx.
Yeah, don't think there is a way. After you use the remote for a while it will become second nature to hit the main button in situations like that.
post #431 of 432 Unread Today, 07:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 277 Post(s)
Liked: 278
Are any of these a decent replacement for the MX-980? My MX-980 still works, but is getting a bit worn around the edges and the screen has what looks like dust behind it. Is the MX-1200 pretty much a MX-890 with a touchscreen? Does the MX-890 allow the use of variables and if/then?

post #432 of 432 Unread Today, 07:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryansj View Post
Are any of these a decent replacement for the MX-980? My MX-980 still works, but is getting a bit worn around the edges and the screen has what looks like dust behind it. Is the MX-1200 pretty much a MX-890 with a touchscreen? Does the MX-890 allow the use of variables and if/then?
The MX-890 is the obvious replacement for the MX-980. The big difference being that is has more hard buttons but only 6 soft buttons. Programming wise it is very similar with the exception of not having to load mobile device center.

I can't remember all the differences off the top of my head but in addition to the button differences but I think the MX-980 had more sound capability but I never used that so I don't remember entirely.

The MX-1200 is very similar to the MX-890 with a touch screen but the touch screen is fairly sub-par by modern standards. Also, for unknown reasons the mx-1200 doesn't support animated images.
Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Mx 780 Universal Remote Control , Mx 890 , mx-900
Gear in this thread - mx-900 by PriceGrabber.com