Official URC Remote Thread for MX-780, MX-890, and MX-1200 - Page 19 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 47Likes

post #541 of 589 Old 04-22-2016, 09:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm having some issues with my MX890 and have only found one other instance of the issue on Remote Central. When I select a directional key on the remote, it will select a soft key press. The Menu, Guide and Info hard buttons will also trigger soft key presses, this creates obvious issues with the remote sending the wrong IR code to said device.

I've reset the remote from the settings menu, reloaded the ccp file and also created a new file for the remote, the problem stays consistent throughout all scenarios, each hard key press will always trigger the same soft key press. The remote has not take any notable tumbles.

I'll contact URC Tech support next week to see if they can offer any insight before I open up the device.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #542 of 589 Old 05-02-2016, 05:37 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by herdfan View Post
It took me about a week of steady use to learn the buttons by feel. It replaced a MX-980 and I couldn't be happier.

Anyone want to buy a used MX-980?
I would be interested in it
post #543 of 589 Old 05-02-2016, 04:44 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hello everyone,

I am new here, and hoping someone can help me with my, seems to be simple, issue, Out of my whole set up I had to change the tuner, so I bought Onkyo TX-NR646 unit. For about a week now I can not re-program my MX-780 for that unit. All I need
is to be able to turn volume up and down, and power it up or down. I tried many different codes which come with the manual, I also used "learn" option to only re-program those few buttons, but nothing is working. My set-up is RF, but even using remote in IR mode I can see the tuner seeing commands from my MX-780..... they just don't do anything.

Would be very thankful for some help,

Regards,
Sam.
post #544 of 589 Old 05-02-2016, 04:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1232 Post(s)
Liked: 630
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamB60 View Post
Hello everyone,

I am new here, and hoping someone can help me with my, seems to be simple, issue, Out of my whole set up I had to change the tuner, so I bought Onkyo TX-NR646 unit. For about a week now I can not re-program my MX-780 for that unit. All I need
is to be able to turn volume up and down, and power it up or down. I tried many different codes which come with the manual, I also used "learn" option to only re-program those few buttons, but nothing is working. My set-up is RF, but even using remote in IR mode I can see the tuner seeing commands from my MX-780..... they just don't do anything.

Would be very thankful for some help,

Regards,
Sam.
Which code are you using? I can take a look at your config file if you would like.
post #545 of 589 Old 05-02-2016, 06:11 PM

Hi,

There are quite a bit of Onkyo codes manual is showing, I am using 1572.

Would appreciate very much if you can look at my config file.
Attached below.

Thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: zip MY_MX-780.zip (4.7 KB, 12 views)
post #546 of 589 Old 05-02-2016, 06:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamB60 View Post
Hi,

There are quite a bit of Onkyo codes manual is showing, I am using 1572.

Would appreciate very much if you can look at my config file.
Attached below.

Thanks.
1572 is "Zone 2" for your receiver. Try 1570.

Other than that, you have a learned code on the button that switches devices. Depending on what that is you may not want it there.

If that doesn't work let me know and I will look at it again.
RandyWalters likes this.
post #547 of 589 Old 05-02-2016, 09:04 PM

Wow...working now. Thank You so much. I could have sworn I tried that code, but must have missed it.

Thanks again,
Sam.
post #548 of 589 Old 05-08-2016, 01:50 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Is it possible to pull a config from a MX-1200 down to a lower model (in this case, a MX-890)? I have the actual CCP file for the 1200, as well as the remote itself (I did the programming myself).

I picked up a MX-1200 for our living room and it's nice, but after using it for a year now, it's kind of annoying not having hard keys for the color buttons. (Why URC omitted this is completely beyond me, when the other remotes in this "line" all have them.) We have a Tivo and it uses the colors regularly, so having to go up to the touchscreen for them gets old.

I have a second room that is still using an ancient Harmony 900 and is mostly used for games and BD, where the colors aren't so important. I was going to move the 1200 to that room and pick up an 890 for the living room, but I don't want to have to completely re-do all of the programming.

Obviously the screen layout is different so I will have to re-do the screens, and the 1200 has a dedicated button to invoke "devices" (I have "Main" swapped for "Activities" and we run it similar to the Harmony scheme, "what do you want to do" kind of process). I'm just trying to avoid having to re-write all the macros for each activity, etc.
post #549 of 589 Old 05-09-2016, 12:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradenmcg View Post
Is it possible to pull a config from a MX-1200 down to a lower model (in this case, a MX-890)? I have the actual CCP file for the 1200, as well as the remote itself (I did the programming myself).
I don't know of a way to do this. You can export devices but I think they need to be imported into the same model remote. You can also use the transporter but I don't know of a way to move a whole remote this way.

That being said, there are all kind of non-obvious things in the CCP so it may be in there somewhere.
post #550 of 589 Old 05-09-2016, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalto View Post
I don't know of a way to do this. You can export devices but I think they need to be imported into the same model remote. You can also use the transporter but I don't know of a way to move a whole remote this way.

That being said, there are all kind of non-obvious things in the CCP so it may be in there somewhere.
Bolded for emphasis... you can definitely say that again. CCP is one of the strangest Windows programs I've ever used, and I'm an IT guy (and former multi-company consultant), so I've seen a lot of stuff.

I've often wondered; when programming the remote, is it better to use Aliases in macros rather than simply drag & dropping IR codes into them? I've always used Aliases back to the device screen softkeys, figuring that probably takes less memory/storage in the remote than having multiple copies of the same IR codes dropped all over the place. It's much more of a pain in the butt to use aliases though; with IR codes you can just pull up the transporter or the IR database and it's so quick to just throw them into a macro.
post #551 of 589 Old 05-09-2016, 03:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I've often wondered; when programming the remote, is it better to use Aliases in macros rather than simply drag & dropping IR codes into them? I've always used Aliases back to the device screen softkeys, figuring that probably takes less memory/storage in the remote than having multiple copies of the same IR codes dropped all over the place. It's much more of a pain in the butt to use aliases though; with IR codes you can just pull up the transporter or the IR database and it's so quick to just throw them into a macro.
It is better to use aliases. For a couple of reasons. The biggest one is in an environment when you are doing IR routing. When you use aliases it will use the correct routing to send the IR signals to the correct device. If you drop the code directly it will route it to the current device which is rarely what you want. The other reason is that it provides a small of amount of abstraction allowing you to have the IR code in a single place so if you want to change it you easily can.

Alias creation is a lot faster in the "functions" view. You can open all the commonly used devices at once and just directly click what you want.

You can also alias macros in other macros so if you find yourself doing the same thing over and over again create a macro and call it from other macros. For example, I usually create a macro that turns the devices on which I call from every "activity" as you describe them above.
Mikejl likes this.
post #552 of 589 Old 05-09-2016, 03:22 PM

Quote:
It is better to use aliases. For a couple of reasons. The biggest one is in an environment when you are doing IR routing. When you use aliases it will use the correct routing to send the IR signals to the correct device. If you drop the code directly it will route it to the current device which is rarely what you want. The other reason is that it provides a small of amount of abstraction allowing you to have the IR code in a single place so if you want to change it you easily can.

Alias creation is a lot faster in the "functions" view. You can open all the commonly used devices at once and just directly click what you want.

You can also alias macros in other macros so if you find yourself doing the same thing over and over again create a macro and call it from other macros. For example, I usually create a macro that turns the devices on which I call from every "activity" as you describe them above.
What exactly is IR routing? I am using a MRF-260 with blasters; are you saying that an IR command dropped into a "device" that isn't setup to go through the MRF will get shot from the remote's nose instead? I had no idea this was the case, I'm happy / lucky that I didn't do things the other way and run into this because I probably would've banged my head on the wall for an hour before I realized what was going on.

On my 1200, each "activity" is actually a "device" in CCP-speak. I use punch-through to get the volume over to the receiver, and everything else falls through to whatever the actual "device" in use is (TiVo, Xbox, etc). I punch through the main power button to the main Activities ("MAIN" - you can replace the buttons on the 1200) screen, and I have a macro that shuts everything off from there, but it does it by aliasing to the commands on the actual device entries themselves.

On the Activities screen, each softkey for each activity manages powering on the devices it requires and shutting off everything else, so whenever you change activities it turns off the unneeded stuff. The only device I don't have discrete power for is the stupid Tivo Roamio. (They have a "sleep" command but that will also wake it up so you can't fire it multiple times.)

On my "Devices" button, I have softkeys that simply take you to each individual device, and those have their own softkeys for any buttons the remote doesn't supply. I don't use punchthrough there, so that way I can get the d-pad to control the TV temporarily if I need to. Hitting Activities then tapping the "current" activity (I store it in a variable) will jump you right back to that customized soft-screen and the normal key scheme for that activity without re-triggering all of the other macro garbage to power off unused devices/etc. It ends up working very similarly to how Logitech Harmony remotes work, which is what my wife is used to since that's what we had before URC. (The build quality on the Logitechs was so bad, and their software got to be such garbage... I love the control with URC, even if it is a bit more work to setup in some cases.)

If you'd like to see the file, here it is on MS OneDrive.

I probably could optimize things a bit more by putting some of the repetitive stuff into other macros, but the remote doesn't seem to be running slow or hurting for memory (I don't have all that much gear in the living room), so I haven't bothered.

I might have some cruft in my off macro - I was using an Onkyo receiver that did not allow you to disable power commands via HDMI-CEC, so I had to omit it from some of the power routines (otherwise it kept turning itself back on because the TV was still on, no matter what order I sent the commands, very frustrating). I left myself a "note" via an unused variable in at least one of the macros so I remembered that it wasn't supposed to be in there. Now I'm on a Denon X3200 and it can ignore CEC power commands, so it is now controlled by the remote again, but I might have forgotten to remove the "note."

Last edited by bradenmcg; 05-09-2016 at 03:41 PM.
post #553 of 589 Old 05-09-2016, 03:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
What exactly is IR routing? I am using a MRF-260 with blasters; are you saying that an IR command dropped into a "device" that isn't setup to go through the MRF will get shot from the remote's nose instead? I had no idea this was the case, I'm happy / lucky that I didn't do things the other way and run into this because I probably would've banged my head on the wall for an hour before I realized what was going on.

On my 1200, each "activity" is actually a "device" in CCP-speak. I use punch-through to get the volume over to the receiver, and everything else falls through to whatever the main device is (TiVo, Xbox, etc). I punch through the main power button to the main Activities ("MAIN") screen, and I have a macro that shuts everything off from there, but it does it by aliasing to the commands on the actual device entries themselves.
Yeah, you are using routing. For example, you send your TV out port number 3. If you are on the AppleTV screen and you dropped an IR code for the TV on it, it would be sent out port 4 which would probably be bad.

Quote:
On the Activities screen, each softkey for each activity manages powering on the devices it requires and shutting off everything else, so whenever you change activities it turns off the unneeded stuff. The only device I don't have discrete power for is the stupid Tivo Roamio. (They have a "sleep" command but that will also wake it up so you can't fire it multiple times.)

On my "Devices" button, I have a screen that simply takes you to each individual device, and those have their own softkeys for any buttons the remote doesn't use. I don't use punchthrough there, so that way I can get the d-pad to control the TV temporarily if I need to. Hitting Activities then tapping the "current" activity (I store it in a variable) will jump you right back to that customized soft-screen and the normal key scheme for that activity without re-triggering all of the other macro garbage to power off unused devices/etc. It ends up working very similarly to how Logitech Harmony remotes work, which is what my wife is used to since that's what we had before URC. (The build quality on the Logitechs was so bad, and their software got to be such garbage... I love the control with URC, even if it is a bit more work to setup in some cases.)

If you'd like to see the file, here it is on MS OneDrive.

I probably could optimize things a bit more by putting some of the repetitive stuff into other macros, but the remote doesn't seem to be running slow or hurting for memory (I don't have all that much gear in the living room), so I haven't bothered.
Yeah, I used to do stuff like that but would have problems when the variables would get out of sync because someone changed something manually. I got tired of supporting other peoples remotes with sync issues so I settled on a middle ground these days. I store a variable for the power state of the devices with inputs(typically the TV and the receiver) and I only have a delay between powering on the devices with inputs and selecting the inputs when the variable is set.

The net effect of this is that when stuff is off and you select an activity it turns on the devices pauses and then send the commands to select the correct inputs. When it thinks the power is on already it still sends the discrete power commands but doesn't pause and then sends the input selections. Since the devices are on already the power commands do nothing.

This has two advantages. The first is that switching from watching cable to watching netflix is fast since it doesn't pause again waiting for the devices to turn on. The other advantage is that if the power state is out of sync, simply going back to the home screen and selecting the button again solves the problem.

That being said, there are a lot of different ways to do it and I think we all program them a little differently. It really depends on personal preference and how much control you have over the people using the remote.

On a side note, why do you often call the commands twice in your macros?

Last edited by dalto; 05-09-2016 at 03:49 PM.
post #554 of 589 Old 05-09-2016, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Yeah, you are using routing. For example, you send your TV out port number 3. If you are on the AppleTV screen and you dropped an IR code for the TV on it, it would be sent out port 4 which would probably be bad.

Yeah, I used to do stuff like that but would have problems when the variables would get out of sync because someone changed something manually. I got tired of supporting other peoples remotes with sync issues so I settled on a middle ground these days. I store a variable for the power state of the devices with inputs(typically the TV and the receiver) and I only have a delay between powering on the devices with inputs and selecting the inputs when the variable is set.

The net effect of this is that when stuff is off and you select an activity it turns on the devices pauses and then send the commands to select the correct inputs. When it thinks the power is on already it still sends the discrete power commands but doesn't pause and then sends the input selections. Since the devices are on already the power commands do nothing.

This has two advantages. The first is that switching from watching cable to watching netflix is fast since it doesn't pause again waiting for the devices to turn on. The other advantage is that if the power state is out of sync, simply going back to the home screen and selecting the button again solves the problem.

That being said, there are a lot of different ways to do it and I think we all program them a little differently. It really depends on personal preference and how much control you have over the people using the remote.

On a side note, why do you often call the commands twice in your macros?
I read somewhere that it's fairly common for devices to "miss" a command (even with / especially with? blasters right on the front), and since basically everything is discrete commands, I figure why not double them up? Several of the devices are on a single blaster port on the MRF on a 4-head cable (Surplus Logitech with a 2.5mm -> 3.5mm adapter) and that could be contributing to the occasional miss.

I figure if the command doesn't get through the first time, then it's there again. If it does, the device shouldn't really care about the second time, unless it's stupid and tries to re-select the same input again and cause an interruption of signal (e.g. TV or receiver). I believe all of the gear I have now is actually smart and will ignore a second command for the same input.

I probably could go back and do some more testing and pare some of those out, but they don't seem to hurt anything, so what's the harm?

The TV has a stupidly long power-on delay before it can accept more commands, I came to ~10sec after a lot of messing around (you can see the 2s and 8s waits in there). I was playing around with multitasking and changing the receiver's input during that wait, which is why it's split into chunks, but I either had problems with it or got sick of screwing around with it and just left it how it was. :P

I like your methodology with the power variables. For me to fix an out of sync device, everything would have to go off first and then start over... which honestly isn't that big of deal most of the time. Generally the only time something is out of sync it's because my wife managed to hit the front of the receiver with one of the dog's toys while throwing it around, and she knows enough to hit the power button again to put it back if everything was originally off. :P

The only device that I can't discrete power on/off is the Tivo, and since it doesn't really turn off anyway, I just resigned to leave it on all the time rather than trying to track state for it and have to go through a whole "help" routine to fix that.

Last edited by bradenmcg; 05-09-2016 at 03:56 PM.
post #555 of 589 Old 05-09-2016, 03:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I probably could go back and do some more testing and pare some of those out, but they don't seem to hurt anything, so what's the harm?
Definitely, as long as they are discrete it shouldn't hurt anything. I was just curious as at first I thought your macros were huge and then I realized everything was being done twice.

Quote:
The TV has a stupidly long power-on delay before it can accept more commands, I came to ~10sec after a lot of messing around (you can see the 2s and 8s waits in there). I was playing around with multitasking and changing the receiver's input during that wait, which is why it's split into chunks, but I either had problems with it or got sick of screwing around with it and just left it how it was. :P
Sadly, 10 seconds is pretty common. One of the TVs I setup needed 16s which seemed like forever as you were staring at the remote.

One more trick you may have already found but you can double click on aliases in a macro and replace them with a different command.
post #556 of 589 Old 05-09-2016, 11:48 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Anyone know the URC code for the Sony BDP-S5100 BR player? I'm having trouble with the "hard" buttons requiring two pushes once the remote is sleeping (display off).

Panasonic P60ST60
Sony BDP-S3100
Denon X2000
post #557 of 589 Old 05-10-2016, 07:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by valkenaar View Post
Anyone know the URC code for the Sony BDP-S5100 BR player?
It is in the database as 368

Quote:
I'm having trouble with the "hard" buttons requiring two pushes once the remote is sleeping (display off).
The remotes need to be awake before they respond to button presses. If the remote has a motion sensor than either trigger that before hitting a button or you may have to hit the button twice.
post #558 of 589 Old 05-10-2016, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Thank you. I'll try that.

Quote:
The remotes need to be awake before they respond to button presses. If the remote has a motion sensor than either trigger that before hitting a button or you may have to hit the button twice.

I thought that, but other than my BR player the hard buttons (volume, menu, navigation) work without first waking the remote.

I'm going to try saving the config, reset the remote, and just enter the BR player. This is strange but could just be a problem with the remote.

Panasonic P60ST60
Sony BDP-S3100
Denon X2000
post #559 of 589 Old 05-10-2016, 10:23 PM

Quote:
First, that code doesn't support MENU, INFO, and others. Found that 286 works better.

Second, do I have access the "the database"? I might want to review my other devices.

Regarding the hard buttons when the remote is sleeping, all other devices work just fine. I am using an RF -> IR repeater and can see that for the other devices, the signal sent is essentially the same duration as when the remote is sleeping. For the DVD, the signal is very short if the remote is sleeping. If the remote is awake, it's long enough to be recognized. A workaround is to hold the button down a little longer.

Btw - I get the same behavior if I use IR and avoid the repeater.

Fun stuff!

Panasonic P60ST60
Sony BDP-S3100
Denon X2000
post #560 of 589 Old 05-11-2016, 07:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
First, that code doesn't support MENU, INFO, and others. Found that 286 works better.

Second, do I have access the "the database"? I might want to review my other devices.
In the CCP it is under Program->Database at the top of the screen. BD players are under DVD.

It is also in the right menu in the "IR Database Navigator" tab.

The database isn't perfect. The reality is that most manufacturers rarely change their IR codes so using an older device of the same type and manufacturer will usually work. What you get by using a newer device is access to the functions that may not have existed in older models, such as a "Netflix" button or smiliar. Either way, you can pull individual IR codes in from multiple setup numbers if you need to mix and match.

Quote:
Regarding the hard buttons when the remote is sleeping, all other devices work just fine. I am using an RF -> IR repeater and can see that for the other devices, the signal sent is essentially the same duration as when the remote is sleeping. For the DVD, the signal is very short if the remote is sleeping. If the remote is awake, it's long enough to be recognized. A workaround is to hold the button down a little longer.
Which remote are you using? You could try increasing the number of repeats for some of the commands that are causing you challenges. If you double click the IR code in the CCP you can change the number of repeats. You would want to test this as it may cause commands to be received more than once, it is trial and error to get the number of repeats right unless you are already familiar with the device/protocol.
post #561 of 589 Old 05-11-2016, 11:52 AM

Quote:
In the CCP it is under Program->Database at the top of the screen. BD players are under DVD.

It is also in the right menu in the "IR Database Navigator" tab.

Which remote are you using?
The lowly MX-450. No application programming, etc.

Thanks for your time. I think until I'm ready to upgrade I'm probably stuck with this behavior.

Panasonic P60ST60
Sony BDP-S3100
Denon X2000
post #562 of 589 Old 05-28-2016, 03:12 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Any idea what codes work for the Samsung Ultra HD Bluray player? I have the MX-980

Equipment list:
Video: JVC RS45, Lumagen Radiance Mini-3D, 138" Elite EZ Frame 2:35:1 Screen, Oppo BDP-103, DirecTV HR22-100,
Audio: Denon X4000, Mains: Paradigm Monitor 7 V6, Center: Paradigm Monitor CC290 V6, Sides: Paradigm Atom V6, Rears: Polk TSI100.
Other: Monster Power HTS-5100, GIK Acoustic Room Treatments
post #563 of 589 Old 06-16-2016, 03:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 939 Post(s)
Liked: 456
Hi Guys,

Just had a hdd failure and trying to install my CCP for my 780 back on my notebook. Having a tough time finding the driver for the MX-780 in Win8.1. It has been a while and completely forgot how to get the drivers loaded. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

CCP version 3.6.0613.1

I've paid for my sins. We're even!
post #564 of 589 Old 06-16-2016, 04:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackssr View Post
Hi Guys,

Just had a hdd failure and trying to install my CCP for my 780 back on my notebook. Having a tough time finding the driver for the MX-780 in Win8.1. It has been a while and completely forgot how to get the drivers loaded. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

CCP version 3.6.0613.1
I don't remember which drivers the mx-780 uses off the top of my head but try pointing it at Program Files (x86)\Universal Remote Control, Inc\Complete Control Program\USB
post #565 of 589 Old 06-16-2016, 05:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I don't remember which drivers the mx-780 uses off the top of my head but try pointing it at Program Files (x86)\Universal Remote Control, Inc\Complete Control Program\USB
I tried that path. Nothing. Also the Win 7 driver folder is empty. What is the name of the driver I need? Does anyone know?

URC_USB_Sync_FW.inf is in the XP 64 bit folder but Win 8.1 will not take the driver.

Last edited by blackssr; 06-16-2016 at 06:05 PM.
post #566 of 589 Old 06-16-2016, 06:12 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
I tried that path. Nothing. Also the Win 7 driver folder is empty. What is the name of the driver I need? Does anyone know?
Everything should have installed with the CCP program once you installed it and ran the liveupdate.

Did you run the CCP Liveupdate right after installing CCP? If not, you won't have the files and drivers you need for the MX-780.

You may also need to run CCP as Windows administrator to run the liveupdate.

Mike
post #567 of 589 Old 06-16-2016, 06:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikejl View Post
Everything should have installed with the CCP program once you installed it and ran the liveupdate.

Did you run the CCP Liveupdate right after installing CCP? If not, you won't have the files and drivers you need for the MX-780.

You may also need to run CCP as Windows administrator to run the liveupdate.
Got it just now. Working... Thanks guys!

post #568 of 589 Old 06-17-2016, 02:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadeRF View Post
Any idea what codes work for the Samsung Ultra HD Bluray player? I have the MX-980
Why not just learn them? I just helped my brother with an Android box.

post #569 of 589 Old 06-18-2016, 05:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Create entirely new device from scatch?

Is there a way to create an entirely new device from scratch and manually learn all the original remote buttons for that device into CCP for the MX-780? I ask this because I haven't used the software in a long time and would like to add a new device not listed in the database. I have no issues with learning all the keys. I just do not know how to accomplish this or if it can even be done.

Thanks again in advance.

post #570 of 589 Old 06-18-2016, 07:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Is there a way to create an entirely new device from scratch and manually learn all the original remote buttons for that device into CCP for the MX-780? I ask this because I haven't used the software in a long time and would like to add a new device not listed in the database. I have no issues with learning all the keys. I just do not know how to accomplish this or if it can even be done.

Thanks again in advance.
Just skip the "IR Data" or "Data" step of the "Create and Name Devices" wizard. That is what puts the IR codes on.
blackssr likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Mx 780 Universal Remote Control , Mx 890 , mx-900
Gear in this thread