Upgrade from Harmony 880 to Ultimate? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 08-10-2013, 10:02 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So need some help deciding, is it "worth" it for me to upgrade from my tried and true still going strong Harmony 880 to an Ultimate?

It seems like what I lose is:
  • hard # buttons and Macros
  • Sequences

What I gain is:
  • new remote
  • Smart Hub + iOS control
  • RF Line of sight control for IR devices

What else am i missing in the pro's and con's?

Also,

How is the range of the smart hub? My TV is mounted on the wall, devices are scattered in different compartments in a cabinet with windowed doors... Am i going to be able to control everything with the Hub? I don't really see a great place to put the Hub??
Hopefully the extender/IR blasters work for this purpose.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 08-10-2013, 02:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked: 282
All you really lose is some hard buttons. This is somewhat offset by the fact you can have 2 commands per button now, short and long press. You actually gain better sequences and macros since you can now to 10 steps with delays in between each if you want, versus 5 on your old remote. Only the 900/1100/200/300 have no macros/sequences now.

If you can't find a good spot for the hub/blasters, you can still use IR as you do today, at least with the remote. iOS control must still go through the hub though. If you can find any place in/near your cabinet, it may bounce around enough to reach everything anyway with a couple of well placed blasters. Since everything of yours is line of sight anyway, just put the hub on the opposite end of the room, near where you sit. It should reach everything from there too.
Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Harmony 880 Advanced Universal Remote , Logitech Harmony 880 Remote Control Refurbished , Logitech Harmony 880 Advanced Universal Remote Control , Logitech Harmony 880 Advanced Universal Remote Universal Remote Control

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page