Liked: 16
Hello. i cant deal anymore with all these remotes:
LG 9600 lcd(magic wand)
marantz sr 8600
oppo 105
verizon stb
apple tv
Squeezebox Touch

is the a "all in one" solution? I would like something that i can plug in my device/model number and it replicated all the functions of the above remotes.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 09-12-2013, 10:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Liked: 318
Harmony 700
post #3 of 7 Old 09-12-2013, 10:34 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks. Why do you recommend the 700 vs the Touch?
post #4 of 7 Old 09-12-2013, 11:15 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 50
The 700 is a button based remote that works very well and allows 8 devices, however it is discontiued. The Touch allows 15 devices and was released last year to poor reviews because of the on screen GUI and the placement of the transport buttons. Some of the issues with the Touch were accidental launching of the remote's help because of the location of the on screen help button was below the transport buttons. The overall Touch menu was a problem.

In August of this year a new firmware was released that completely changed the Touch to make more like the Ultimate. It is completely different from the old Touch GUI and menu set up on the remote itself. The Touch is now RF when used with the new Smart Hub or Ultimate Hub. The Touch is now a much better remote then it was only a month ago. Check out the AVS Touch forum to see what others are saying about it.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1431592/new-logitech-harmony-touch/450_50

The key to your decision is whether you like the feel of buttons or touch screen and some buttons and how many devices you need to support.. Good luck. JT
post #5 of 7 Old 09-12-2013, 12:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Liked: 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by gelly View Post

Thanks. Why do you recommend the 700 vs the Touch?
In addition to what JT said, mainly price and simplicity. Refurb 700s are still going for around $70 shipped. The 700 meets all your requirements with 2 devices to spare. If you want smart phone integration and a touch screen, go for the Touch. To add RF, go for the Ultimate or add a hub to the Touch. I'm not a fan of touchscreen remotes.
post #6 of 7 Old 09-12-2013, 12:18 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks while i agree with your advice. I like the look of the touch as well as the charging dock better. i would also like to have the ability to use my ipad as well. Thanks
post #7 of 7 Old 09-12-2013, 12:36 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by gelly View Post

Thanks while i agree with your advice. I like the look of the touch as well as the charging dock better. i would also like to have the ability to use my ipad as well. Thanks

The Touch Iphone/Ipad funtionality is only available when used with the Hub. The Touch is retailing for 249 and the Hub is 99, which is the price of the Ultimate which add some more features and includes the Hub. You could get a Touch on Ebay cheaper and then add the Hub. That would work. I had the Harmony One which I loved, but sold it after i got the Ultimate. I also have the Touch and the new menu is much better. Any of these remotes would work well. Your system and the way you want to control it may push you one way or another.
Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Oppo Bdp 105 Blu Ray Player , Logitech Harmony 700 Rechargeable Remote With Color Screen

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page