My new TV and Harmony One - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 11-16-2013, 03:35 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So I brought home an LG 60LN5600 to replace a Toshiba 42" in one of my living rooms. Trying to update the remote for this new TV, but it doesn't appear to be in the database or something. I did an update of the Harmony software, but still nothing for this TV. Is this TV to new for the remote or the db? I saw that the software was prompting me to go through step by step for button functionality, but I am wondering if I am just missing something here? Additionally, will my Harmony One support the internet features for this new TV? I mean, I know it won't give me a QWERTY keyboard, but everything else? Guess that could just be a matter of setting up some complex steps to emulate the default TV remote, correct?

Also, without starting a new thread on the Harmony remotes, I also wanted to ask, with Logitech selling off or closing the doors on the remotes (this may be old news, but last I heard or thought), are things not going to stay up to date?

Thanks much!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 11-17-2013, 02:05 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Anyone have experience with these newer LG TV's and the Harmony remotes?
post #3 of 3 Old 11-17-2013, 06:54 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadmanmeg View Post

So I brought home an LG 60LN5600 to replace a Toshiba 42" in one of my living rooms. Trying to update the remote for this new TV, but it doesn't appear to be in the database or something. I did an update of the Harmony software, but still nothing for this TV. Is this TV to new for the remote or the db? I saw that the software was prompting me to go through step by step for button functionality, but I am wondering if I am just missing something here? Additionally, will my Harmony One support the internet features for this new TV? I mean, I know it won't give me a QWERTY keyboard, but everything else? Guess that could just be a matter of setting up some complex steps to emulate the default TV remote, correct?

Also, without starting a new thread on the Harmony remotes, I also wanted to ask, with Logitech selling off or closing the doors on the remotes (this may be old news, but last I heard or thought), are things not going to stay up to date?

Thanks much![/qu
Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Logitech Harmony One Advanced Universal Remote , Lg Electronics 55ln5600 55 Inch 1080p 60hz 3d Led Tv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page