All for One URC 7960 with Onkyo TX NR414 AV amp - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 12-01-2013, 04:10 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Hi, I have an All for One 6+3 URC 7960 remote which I cant get to work with my Onkyo TX NR414 AV amp?

Having followed the manuals I have exhausted the list of codes provided and tried the learning and search plus simple set methods.

Does anyone have success in linking an Onkyo to this remote please and what codes were used?

Thanks for any help.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2013, 09:55 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Lots of people have had trouble with TX NR414. Here's a suggestion, but I don't know if it will work. All Onkyo and Integra receivers are capable of responding to 3 different sets of IR commands. Onkyo calls the sets ID1, ID2, and ID3. The URC-7960 and most universal remotes send the ID1 codeset. But Integra receivers tend to be set up at the factory to use ID3. So check in your users manual on how to set the ID for your 414, and try ID1.

Also, make sure to test with a button other than power (e.g. use Volume). It has been reported that some 414s, especially ones with old firmware, have some issues with the power commands.
996ducati likes this.
Old 12-01-2013, 11:32 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Thanks for your help 3FingeredGlove,

The whole issue started after a recent firmware update so your comments got me thinking.

After the update I had to manually push the Onyko remoteID to channel 2 as 1 wouldn't work.

I have factory rest the amp and now by default I suspect it has set the remote ID to 1. This has then allowed me to link in the URC 7960 with a standard All for One remote code, as I suspect they are both now on the same IRQ/ID?

All now working.

Thanks for your input.

Regards

Tags
Onkyo Tx Nr414