MX850 strange behavior with HTPC - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 12-31-2013, 07:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi all,

Hoping someone recognizes this. I have an MX850 that I have been using for years with a receiver, projector, STB and DVD. I have recently installed an HTPC with an HP Media Center infrared receiver. The remote with the HP works great with both XBMC and WMC. However, after learning the codes from the HP remote, the MX850 behaves in strange manner.

Specifically, when I select the left arrow, I can only navigate left once. After that, I can navigate back to the right using the right arrow but I cannot navigate any farther left. Additionally, once I have navigated to the right once with the right arrow, I can only navigate back to the left. Same goes for up arrow and down. This behavior is the same both if I use the RF/IR blaster transmission of the MX850 or if I point the MX850 at the IR receiver and use IR directly.

Not sure if this is something to do with the MX850 or Windows as the symptoms don't make any sense. It's not like transmission is spotty - if I select any other key, the response if 100% reliable.

Anyone out there seen this kind of behavior or have ideas on what might be going on?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 12-31-2013, 07:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 279
MCE protocol has a toggle bit, so learns will behave exactly as you described. I'd recommend you either use the built in MCE codes or pronto hex instead of learns. In those cases the toggle bit will work properly.
post #3 of 5 Old 12-31-2013, 08:44 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks - I used learns because the MX850 doesn't appear to have MCE in the IR database. I've not yet found a CCF file for MCE - have I missed one out there somewhere (actually, I found an old one on remotecentral but looking at the CCF file using the MX850 universal browser, the transport buttons all have very strange characters and I cannot tell what is what).

Thanks again for the heads up on the toggle bit - not sure I would have ever figured that one out on my own.
post #4 of 5 Old 12-31-2013, 09:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 26
In the mx-editor, under AUX, look for Microsoft.
post #5 of 5 Old 01-01-2014, 04:18 PM - Thread Starter

Edmund - Thanks! I had to do a live update and sure enough AUX / Microsoft in the IR DB did the trick.
Really appreciate the pointer:)
Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Universal Remote Control Mx 850 Ir Rf Aeros Remote Control

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page