IR interference from Mitsubishi LT46149 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 01-05-2014, 08:05 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I hope this is the right place to post this as it's specific to an IR issue. I was given an older Mitsubishi LT46149 TV which we are going to use in the basement mostly for gaming. But we do have a time Warner 8300HD cable box connected and have discovered when the is a signal on the screen from the box, we can't use the cable box remote at all. Notice I didn't say when the TV is powered on, because if I unplug the HDMI cable from the TV or cable box, the remote functions again.

My research so far has only found a similar issue with the same STB and a Sharp Aquos set, where the solution was to either disable the light Sensor OR to put a small piece of tape over the ir sensor on the STB which helped block whatever signal the TV was giving off.

This TV does not have the ability to shut of any kind of ambient light sensor that I could find. So I tried the tape trick on a whim and, surprise, it does work! But it also limits the range of the STB remote, making it impractical.

I was wondering if anyone else has run into similar issues and found better solutions? I'm willing to try about anything. I did do several searches here and On Google and am surprised I've found no other reports on this issue. All trouble issues are focused on the LCD line issues.

I appreciate any assistance you might be able to provide, so thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-05-2014, 08:16 AM

Liked: 20
One approach might be to use a universal remote. Some don't offer all the functions of the mfgrs remote but might work, might have to try a couple different ones to get what you need. Not an uncommon problem as you have seen.
post #3 of 3 Old 01-05-2014, 08:26 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately I've already tried that with two different universal remotes I have. No joy.

I also wondered if the TV is sending some kind of signal back to the box via HDMI when a signal is present that could be causing the problem? Obviously it's still receiving ir signals as the tape trick proved.
Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Mitsubishi

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page