My Harmony 650 Universal Remote Not Performing well for Me! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 01-24-2014, 08:59 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I currently use a Harmony 650 Universal remote for my home theater system. Unfortunately, it always seems to forget it's macros....when I want to watch tv...I press the watch tv button.. about half the time it works....the other half..I have to press the help button...yes the help button eventually figures out how to turn the tv on but it's frustrating to have to do this half the time! Especially when you have kids and wife struggling to get it to work....

Has anyone else had the same experience with the Harmony 650? If so, can you help me figure out the problem? or recommend another remote that would be more stable? These are the current components/devices I wish to operate with the remote: All the components are in plain view without being in a closed cabinet. I have all the hdmi cables going to the receiver from each component (except the wii (component cable)and one hdmi cable going from the receiver to the tv....

Watching TV - Panasonic Plasma - Yamaha Receiver - Comcast Cable Box

Watching Movie - Panasonic Plasma - Yamaha Receiver - Xbox One console (Blu-Ray Player)

Play Xbox One - Panasonic Plasma - Yamaha Receiver - Xbox One Console

Play Wii - Panasonic Plasma - Yamaha Receiver - Wii Console

Would it help if I used a RF sensor and upgraded the remote so that the remote signal didn't have to be directed to each individual component? Maybe that's confusing the remote? Also, I would love to be able to use the same remote to access the internet/apps on my Panasonic Smart TV...right now I don't think my Harmony 650 can perform this function.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks in advance...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 01-24-2014, 12:30 PM

Liked: 13
I had similar problem at first with this remote, because my receiver required almost 10 seconds after powering on to respond to any other commands (like switching input).
Help button feature will not fix anything permanently, you have to use the My Harmony software and look for troubleshooting to increase delays.

As for accessing smart tv features, I beleive you need to go to device menu and scroll to a number of "pages" to find on screen equivalent to the Panasonic remote buttons. And if something's missing, you can again use the software to add/modify/remove feature to better suit your needs

My setup:
TV: Samsung plasma 59" pn59d550, DVR: Cisco 8642HD, HTPC: Acer Aspire E1-570,
Peachtree audio DAC-iT, Logitech Harmony 650 remote, Logitech MediaBoard Pro Bluetooth k/b
Receiver: Harman Kardon HK 3490, Speakers: Mission m34i + Mission MS10 sub, Nexus 7 2nd gen
post #3 of 6 Old 01-24-2014, 12:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked: 287
... and turn off HDMI control (viera link) in all devices. The delays should do the trick.
post #4 of 6 Old 01-24-2014, 03:41 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 19
I've seen alot of 650 issues lately, hopefully Logitech gets its act back together and improves quality control over all.
post #5 of 6 Old 01-24-2014, 03:44 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Based on some more research and your advice.. I'm going to change some of the delay settings..I'll let u know how things go...
post #6 of 6 Old 02-16-2014, 12:21 PM

Liked: 11

Hello did you find a solution? I'm experiencing a similar problem. I have a 55VT60 and to it I have connected my cable box on HDMI1, Apple TV on HDMI2 and PS4 on HDMI3. My problem is that I have an activity set for each device and when I ever choose to watch the Apple TV activity it never switches to HDMI2. When ever I choose any of the other two activities on HDMI 1 and 3 it switches everything without a hitch. I've created a CUSTOM activity to switch the tv to HDMI2 but that doesn't work either... 

I have searched and searched without solution. I've turned off VieraLink and that hasn't helped either.

any suggestions?

Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Remote Control Harmony 650

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page