IR blaster with iTach Flex - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 01-25-2014, 08:59 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Has anyone successfully used an IR blaster with an iTach Flex? I've been able to get it to work with emitters, but not blasters. I've tried it as a single output or with the tri-cable (with the appropriate blaster setting in setup). It looks like the blaster is glowing continuously when attached as a single device, and not at all when connected to port 3 of the tri-cable.

I'm using a blaster that came with an iTach wf2ir (which works fine with it), and what I believe is the latest firmware for the Flex--at least iHelp doesn't say otherwise. I've tried resetting and reformatting the Flex.

--Eric
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 01-25-2014, 09:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 203
The Flex is pretty crappy IMO. Go into your iTach settings and set Blaster on IR3 = True and plug your emitter into IR1 and see if that works. This is what I had to do even though I'm not using a blaster.

post #3 of 8 Old 01-25-2014, 09:59 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Thanks. I'll try that when I get home. I'm starting to agree with your impression of the Flex.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryansj View Post

The Flex is pretty crappy IMO. Go into your iTach settings and set Blaster on IR3 = True and plug your emitter into IR1 and see if that works. This is what I had to do even though I'm not using a blaster.

--Eric
post #4 of 8 Old 01-25-2014, 12:37 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

I can still only get it to work as an emitter, but I bought it specifically to use as a blaster. I put in a support request to Global Cache, but from what I've been reading about the Flex, I'll probably end up returning it.

To sum up my experience with Global Cache products: (1) Avoid the GC-100 and (2) Avoid the iTach Flex.

--Eric
post #5 of 8 Old 01-25-2014, 01:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by eelton View Post

I can still only get it to work as an emitter, but I bought it specifically to use as a blaster. I put in a support request to Global Cache, but from what I've been reading about the Flex, I'll probably end up returning it.

To sum up my experience with Global Cache products: (1) Avoid the GC-100 and (2) Avoid the iTach Flex.

On the Global Cache home page there is a notice about a bad batch of blasters. I got a blaster for my co-worker's projector, but it didn't work so we ran an emitter to it. Then I saw the notice about bad blasters, but the emitter cable was already in place and is a better solution. We haven't bothered returning the blaster. In hindsight I should have just got the iTach IP2IR.

post #6 of 8 Old 01-25-2014, 04:19 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

I had seen that, but the blaster works fine with my wf2ir, in this location.

I just bought another wf2ir on eBay. I'll just stick with these (or the ip2ir) in the future.

--Eric
post #7 of 8 Old 02-05-2014, 05:49 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

To follow up, in case this helps anyone down the road, I found out from Global Cache that the blasters supplied with the wf2ir do not work with the Flex. The Flex requires its own type of blaster.

At any rate, I returned the Flex and bought another wf2ir, which is working fine with the blaster. It's just my opinion, but I would recommend people avoid the Flex (and also the GC-100, for different reasons).

--Eric
post #8 of 8 Old 08-16-2014, 04:55 PM

Liked: 0
I realize this is an old thread but can anyone throw more light on why they think the itach flex is not so good? I am tossing up between that and the ip2ir. Thanks

K
Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Global Cache Ip2ir Itach Wired Tcp Ip To Ir

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page