what do I need - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 02-26-2014, 09:21 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I'm a planner so I like to know exactly what I want and need to get everything to work.

My equipment:

Motorola DCH-3200 cable box
Pioneer SC-55 Receiver (works with IP)
Xbox One
Xbox 360
PS3
PS4
Oppo BDP-93 (I think is supported by IP but not by power on)

LG 55LX9500 TV. IR/RS-232 port.

What I'm looking for is what adapters, accessories and cables so I need to make sure I have plenty of IR cables and etc. to make it work.

I know the Oppo BDP-93 is supported by IP but it will not turn it on by IP compared to the BDP-103 model does.
Pioneer SC-55 should not be a problem at all.

I believe 360 is IR, one is IP, not sure at the time of this post about the PS3 or PS4.

I am curious, is there any different between the Global Cache itech flex IP and the IP2IR iTach? Do they do the same thing? Prices are about the same.

I also see amazon has a dual IR from one 3.5mm and they also sell a triple adapter so you could theoretically get i6 ir IR off of one port.

If you guys have inputs, I'd appreciate it since many people have already done this already.

Xbox Live: ShadyFusion23

PSN: Nukleard1sa5t0r

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 02-28-2014, 05:54 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I have a URC setup for my system and love it. Using a older MX-900 remote (upgrading soon) and their MRX-1 base station. Also I purchased a Android license and have complete control from my Galaxy Note 3 and Galaxy Tab 2. What's nice about URC systems is you can easily control their light switches so you can have native Rf control of your lights.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3
Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Pioneer Elite Sc 55 Sc55 9 1 Channel 3d Ready A V Receiver , Xbox One Console Standard Edition , Oppo Bdp 93 Blu Ray Player , Lg 55lx9500 55 1080p 480hz 3d Led Lcd Hdtv
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page