Help with Crestron Lighting System - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 04-03-2014, 09:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Ok, first, I'm not sure this is the right forum, but I couldn't find any that fit my need, so hopefully this won't be too off base.

Now to my question. So my Church bought a Crestron lighting system (sorry not sure of the exact name) but it has a TPS-4L touchscreen controller. When we first got it Crestron was great, and was able to help us with programming the panel, etc. We've even had them come back a few times to change some of the programming settings.

The problem is we need to change it again, and Crestron has completely moved out of the Seattle area, so we can't find anyone who will come and help us re-program the controller.

I either need someone who lives in the Seattle area who'd be willing to help me, or someone who could help me get my hands on the programming software. I'm not afraid to learn the software, I'm sure its complicated, but I'd be willing to take the time to figure it out.

Anyway, We've been trying to find someone to reprogram this controller for about 6 months now, and no-one will help us.

Anyone out there that can help?

Dave.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-04-2014, 05:07 PM

Liked: 11
Pretty sure there are still Crestron dealers in the Seattle area.

www.crestron.com will have a dealer locator.
post #3 of 4 Old 04-04-2014, 06:06 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks, we've tried 3 or 4 and none of them ever return our phone call. I've been at this for 6 months. No help so far.
post #4 of 4 Old 04-07-2014, 07:31 PM

The problem you're facing is that you're asking to give someone a possible headache and nobody will want to touch it. First question: Do you even have the original uncompiled code? Without that (from the company that moved) you're talking about reprogramming from scratch since you can't edit what's running on the processor. That might be the biggest hurdle. If you didn't get a CD or thumb drive from them before they moved, try contacting them if you can. Do what you can to get the original code. Depending on the size of the lighting system you're talking about 1-? Days of programming just to get to where you are now.
Reply Remote Control Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page