Simple automation solution needed for new dedicated theater room - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 05-28-2014, 08:01 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi All

I've been doing some research and I’m honestly more confused than before I started. I am building a new dedicated theater room from an unfinished basement and want a fairly simple home automation program for just the theater lighting and the A/V equipment in the adjacent component room. I have a JVC DLA 4910, Denon x4000, Oppo BDP103D, DirectTV genie and probably an xbox and a HTPC eventually.

What I’m looking for is a very straightforward control system on a Tablet that anyone can pick up and start watching TV or a movie with a simple macro key or two. So far, the Irule demos I have seen on their website looks what I’m going for.
So I have a simple lighting plan, 5 zones in the room. Each with its own switch. I like so far Intseon switches due to the color options (need brown or black).

Can someone point me in the right direction with what equipment I’ll need from both IRULE and possibly Insteon or another lighting option?

Thanks for your help.
Matt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-09-2014, 10:33 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Here's a bump as I would also be interested in reading some replies to this question.
post #3 of 3 Old 06-09-2014, 11:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 381 Post(s)
Liked: 370
iRule is going to require a Global Cache gateway of some sort. And I'd look at MiCasaVerde for the home automation gateway.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Reply Remote Control Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page