App suggestion that will be super easy for my wife to play pandorq. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 06-06-2014, 08:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello,

My wife wants to listen to the 2nd channel of our Onkyo network 700 series reciever using something like pandora. I can do it w my urc remote but I always have to switch to chanel one to adjust the reciever then back to chanel 2 and I was hoping there is an app out there that would make it super easy for her to just listen music in the kitchen (2nd chanel). Any suggestion are appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 06-06-2014, 11:54 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenstarfish03 View Post

Hello,

My wife wants to listen to the 2nd channel of our Onkyo network 700 series reciever using something like pandora. I can do it w my urc remote but I always have to switch to chanel one to adjust the reciever then back to chanel 2 and I was hoping there is an app out there that would make it super easy for her to just listen music in the kitchen (2nd chanel). Any suggestion are appreciated.

You may want to consider a Harmony remote (probably a 650) where you could customize an "Activity" specifically for the Pandora account. You could then (still) use the remote for other "activities" (watch TV, etc.) simply by toggling back and forth between the activities. It is actually much simpler than it sounds.

What remote are you currently using? As to a specific app, I do not know of one out there currently.

Sometimes I have to remind myself that I bought all this "stuff" to enjoy it!
post #3 of 5 Old 06-06-2014, 01:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Liked: 284
An IR remote works from a different room?
post #4 of 5 Old 06-06-2014, 09:15 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I should have put this in my earlier post. I was walking through the airport when I sent the initial post.

Onkyo TX-NR717
Def Tech Mythos seven center and Mythos two front and rears
Lava 12 inch sub
Universal MX-450

The problem is the kitchen speakers are in zone two of the Onkyo and with the Onkyo remote or my mx450 as far as I can tell you have to turn on zone 2 then switch back to zone 1 which interpupts that zone to change the chanel or anything in the kitchen. I found a free app that let me hit zone 2 and play music and it was easier just kind of bugy so I figured maybe someone else nee of a way around this to.make it super easy for her. As it is now she just ignores the nice in wall speakers and listens to Pandora on her htc one.
post #5 of 5 Old 06-07-2014, 05:22 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenstarfish03 View Post

I should have put this in my earlier post. I was walking through the airport when I sent the initial post.

Onkyo TX-NR717
Def Tech Mythos seven center and Mythos two front and rears
Lava 12 inch sub
Universal MX-450

The problem is the kitchen speakers are in zone two of the Onkyo and with the Onkyo remote or my mx450 as far as I can tell you have to turn on zone 2 then switch back to zone 1 which interpupts that zone to change the chanel or anything in the kitchen. I found a free app that let me hit zone 2 and play music and it was easier just kind of bugy so I figured maybe someone else nee of a way around this to.make it super easy for her. As it is now she just ignores the nice in wall speakers and listens to Pandora on her htc one.

Based upon this info, if you want your wife to be able to control the settings (from the kitchen), then you'll have to spring for the more costly Harmony remotes that offer RF signals (as mdavej pointed out). You'd also have to set up the hardware to receive/send the signals to the Onkyo.

In summary, this convenience may cost you some semi-serious money and time, you may want to try and work with the app a bit.

Sometimes I have to remind myself that I bought all this "stuff" to enjoy it!
Reply Remote Control Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page