Forum Jump: 

Old 06-15-2014, 12:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Help with URC MX-900/MRF-260

Hello All,

I am sure you all have seen a thread just like this but if possible I am looking for some help, A friend of mine just gave me an URC MX-900 and a MRF-260 along with the CCP software. I am looking for help getting started I understand the techniques of programming a remote and have spent many years programming many DIY solutions. I know that URC is very different from the rest but if anyone know how to get started that would be great. I have a very small amount of devices (1 DVR,1 DVD, 1 TV, 1 AV receiver) in the room and I would hate to have to pay a fortune to get it programmed professionally. If there is anyone out there who can help please feel free to respond to this thread.

Thank You in Advance,

Kevin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-17-2014, 08:35 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 16
When you install CCP it includes several pdf manuals. Have you looked through those yet? They offer the basics of adding components and creating macro's. I think the first step is reading through those and then asking specific questions on what you need help with. There are many ways to set these remotes up. For instance I don't add all functions for any component and only add the ones I need for each activity. Others want to be able to "jump" to a specific component and then back to an "activity". These are not Harmony remotes that do all the work for you but they give you much more control on how you set up your gear and macros.

I have programmed many many URC systems and once you figure out their methodology it is fairly easy to set up a system in a couple of hours.
Old 06-17-2014, 03:07 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 298 Post(s)
Liked: 161
The MX900 does have it's own software which is easier to use, but it is for the 900. CCP is for all of their current offerings. And yes, there are a ton on manuals buried within that huge software download.

Abundant OTA television is what makes this country different from all others. Lets keep it this way. If you like Wi-Fi so much, OTA fits right in. After all, it is wireless.
Old 06-29-2014, 06:18 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by videobruce View Post
The MX900 does have it's own software which is easier to use, but it is for the 900. CCP is for all of their current offerings. And yes, there are a ton on manuals buried within that huge software download.
Thank you everyone, I ended up reading through the manual and it was easier then it seemed (Drag and drop command lol)

Thanks again

Tags
mrf-260 , mx-900 , Urc