What's the most common remote people are using for their HT applications? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 06-18-2014, 03:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
What's the most common remote people are using for their HT applications?

Assuming someone is looking for relatively common needs for a HT, such as controlling AV equipment, projector, gaming systems, and possibly some lighting applications, what are most of you using (or would recommend using)?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-18-2014, 04:12 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 512 Post(s)
Liked: 414
Odds are Harmony is the most common, followed by URC, then probably phone/tablet apps. High end remotes like Crestron and RTI are popular among high end consumers. Harmony will be the easiest for the end user to program. Just look at the thread titles around here or sort remotes on Amazon by popularity, and you'll see what's popular.

All of the above are too pricey for me, so I stick with JP1.

I wouldn't buy based on popularity but based on your requirements and budget. You'll need to think about that anyway to pick the right model of whatever brand you choose.

Last edited by mdavej; 06-18-2014 at 04:18 PM.
post #3 of 3 Old 06-20-2014, 06:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheidt View Post
Assuming someone is looking for relatively common needs for a HT, such as controlling AV equipment, projector, gaming systems, and possibly some lighting applications, what are most of you using (or would recommend using)?
I just upgraded to the Harmony Ultimate with hub. Controlling 14 components including two projectors, three video processors, Draper screen, Lutron lighting, Bluray and HDDVD players, PS3 and several Meridian audio processors and DVD Audio player. Took a while to setup each activity to include the buttons I wanted to use most but now that it is setup the way I want it. WOW! This really is the Ultimate remote. My wife can very easily run my system now. I have a few more components I could add although other than my Laserdisc player the others are not even hooked up. So I can still add the Laserdisc player. i have one more device I can add. Then create an activity for it.

Ron
Reply Remote Control Area

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page