MX-5000 Remote - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 07-05-2014, 03:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
MX-5000 Remote

Currently I have three MX-900 remotes and at least two have issues with the buttons sticking or not responding well. I'm considering replacing them with an MX-5000 to gain touchscreen and IP capabilities. I'm wondering if anyone has one and has programmed it? It looks great and like a real nice upgrade.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 07-07-2014, 11:52 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have one. But haven't programmed it much. Decided it wasn't really my cup of tea and is more then I need. I would sell it if your interested.

Topp
post #3 of 7 Old 07-09-2014, 05:04 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by topp View Post
I have one. But haven't programmed it much. Decided it wasn't really my cup of tea and is more then I need. I would sell it if your interested.

Topp
Sorry for the late reply. I've been looking at the manual from URC and it seems like the wifi portion is more for feedback than to send IP commands. Still looking at it but I am hoping for something that can send IP control commands as well RF to IR stuff. What exactly have you programmed?
post #4 of 7 Old 07-09-2014, 09:36 AM

I am pretty sure the MX-5000 can send IP commands, but it might be limited to what devices. I pretty much just programmed it to control my TV, receiver, Blu ray, etc.. using RF/IR. I didn't see my TV listed in the IP pull down, so didn't look much further. I probably should see if my blu ray player is listed, since that might be a little more popular.

Question, why do you want/need the IP part? Wondering if I am missing the benefit, therefore the desire to dig deeper into it.
post #5 of 7 Old 07-09-2014, 10:50 AM - Thread Starter

Well I thought maybe that I could send an IP command to my Sonos system for transport controls. Also, I have a Sony Blu-ray and a Marantz SR6006 that I'd like to use it on. But the Sonos was my big question, hoping it wasn't just UPnP commands that needed to be sent. I can send IP transport commands now to Sonos with iRule so I'd hoped I could get a wand style remote to do the same thing.
post #6 of 7 Old 07-09-2014, 11:23 AM

If I have time tonight I can check and see in the IP section if Sonos exists. Quick google search looks like the Total Control line of remotes from URC, might be able to do the Sonos, but those don't show up much used and finding the programming software for that is about impossible.
post #7 of 7 Old 07-09-2014, 06:02 PM

I just checked I don't see Sonos in the CCP (complete control program) IP pull down.
Reply Remote Control Area
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page