Harmony Touch with Hub? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 07-25-2014, 07:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Harmony Touch with Hub?

I have the harmony touch. I recently moved my equipment rack from the front of the room to the back. What's the best way to handle no line of sight with this bad boy?

I see you can buy the harmony hub to add to it. If I do that does the Touch communicate with the Hub via RF or wi-fi (like smartphones). If it's wi-fi, this isn't an option for me as my media room is a wi-fi dead zone.

Are there any cheaper alternatives than adding the hub? Not sure 100 bucks is worth not having to reach behind my head, especially if it's just acting as a repeater.

If a repeater is a better/cheaper option, what is one that someone would recommend based on experience?

Denon X4000
Emotiva LPA-1
Epson 5020ub::::100" ES Cinewhite
PS4::::Toshiba HD-A35::::Marantz UD5007::::Darbee 5000
Martin Logan Stage center::::Martin Logan Aerius I::::Martin Logan Scripts
PSA XV15:::::PSA XV15se
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-25-2014, 07:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 344 Post(s)
Liked: 352
A repeater will be cheaper but not better. It will be far worse in fact, but will get the job done. A well place mirror will work too, for free. The Touch is an expensive remote to begin with, so what's another $100 for a nice elegant solution to your problem?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 4 Old 07-25-2014, 08:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post
A repeater will be cheaper but not better. It will be far worse in fact, but will get the job done. A well place mirror will work too, for free. The Touch is an expensive remote to begin with, so what's another $100 for a nice elegant solution to your problem?
does that mean the hub communicates with the touch via RF?

Denon X4000
Emotiva LPA-1
Epson 5020ub::::100" ES Cinewhite
PS4::::Toshiba HD-A35::::Marantz UD5007::::Darbee 5000
Martin Logan Stage center::::Martin Logan Aerius I::::Martin Logan Scripts
PSA XV15:::::PSA XV15se
post #4 of 4 Old 07-26-2014, 04:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 344 Post(s)
Liked: 352
Quote:
Originally Posted by wadec22 View Post
does that mean the hub communicates with the touch via RF?
Yes it does. Touch has always been RF capable, but it was not enabled until the Ultimate and hub were released.

Reply Remote Control Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page