Control a CCTV DVR from 8 different TV's? - AVS Forum
Remote Control Area > Control a CCTV DVR from 8 different TV's?
Shaolin666 06:53 AM 07-27-2014
Hi,

I am about to start wiring for a new project in my house. My goal is to be able to view my CCTV DVR feeds on each and every TV in the house. So far I am thinking that my set up will be something like the following:

10 x IP Cameras <-----> CCTV DVR <----> 1 to 8 HDMI SPLITTER <------> 8 x TV's

This would allow me to view the CCTV feeds on all TV's but is there a device which would allow me to control the CCTV DVR via 8 remotes which would be next to each TV? So, 8 receivers with 8 remotes and 1 transmitter connected to the CCTV DVR. If not a device capable of 8, then maybe 6 or 5?

Or if anyone can think of any other method to view AND control the CCTV DVR feeds on all TV's in the house other than what I have outlined above I would be very much appreciative. I have the house open an ready to be wired with pretty much anything at the moment, CAT5e/CAT6/Fibre Optics/Coax.

Many thanks in advance

Shaolin

mdavej's Avatar mdavej 07:58 AM 07-27-2014
Simplest solution would be Next Generation RF base plus 7 additional Xmitter batteries (all the same frequency), $180 total. No limits that I know of besides distance (60' give or take, depending on walls and materials).

http://www.amazon.com/Next-Generatio.../dp/B000C1Z0HA

Since you have the walls open, you could also wire for IR everywhere or use IR over existing coax.

http://wiki.hometech.com/tiki-index....ution+Tutorial

There are probably lots of other solutions (IP, etc.).
Shaolin666 10:37 AM 07-27-2014
WOW!

Lots of reading for me to do. Many thanks for taking the time to reply in such a thorough manner. I will report back once I have decided upon a suitable method to conclude this thread in the hopes it might assist others.

Thanks again.

Shaolin
olyteddy's Avatar olyteddy 11:12 AM 07-27-2014
You could also (depending on DVR) control it via WiFi and a tablet or phone. If you wanted 8 separate remotes you could probably use those sub-fifty dollar Android tablets from BigLots.
Up
Mobile  Desktop