Controlling / linking old and new Pioneer Elites - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 07-28-2014, 01:36 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Controlling / linking old and new Pioneer Elites

Hi everyone I'm a long time reader and first time poster...

It's the first time I seem to not be able to find an answer here!

What's the best way to control a system comprised of Pioneer elite components if some of them are too old for the app's compatibility?

It would be ideal if I could control everything through the app so my wife could operate everything with ease. Some components I have are not compatible with the app, but are purported to be instead "last of a kind / quality" so I don't want to upgrade them.

As far as relevant components I have:

Pro-111FD
BDP-23FD
Dish HD receiver
An old Zenith vr3010 VCR with a "camera remote pause" in.

I want to get an Elite receiver (I used to have an urushi finished one). Is it possible that one could connect and control the TV and Blu Ray Player, maybe even the DISH receiver or VCR, through the app?

Could I connect them through the CONTROL IN/OUT? If so, what cable is that (is it a monaural 3.5mm mini jack?) and which receiver has two control outs (one for the TV and one for the Blu Ray player). What functionality is supported through that connection? I noticed the attractive SC-79 doesn't have a CONTROL OUT but rather an IR OUT that does not have the "SR" logo. Is that the same thing or does it only function with the Zenith?

I'm trying to make this a smoother control process... as automated and easy as possible, thanks for the help in advance.

Cheers

Last edited by Ilbisonte; 07-28-2014 at 07:19 AM.
Reply Remote Control Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page