Forum Jump: 

Old 08-01-2014, 07:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Reducing "default" harmony IR sends

Hi all -

Is it possible to get my harmony NOT to send a particular input change command to a device?

All of my inputs go through a monoprice 4x4 hdmi switcher. The Samsung TVs are then controlled by individual harmony remotes. Each samsung TV always stays on HDMI 1 because any input switching is handled by the monoprice switch.

BUT...the harmony won't seem to not let me send the input change command.

Sending the command causes a brief "not available" message to come up on the screen and the video to flicker. The command to switch inputs just isn't necessary.

Is there any way to stop it from sending it?

Thanks!
-Scott
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2014, 09:13 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Same exact problem. Same equipment. Monoprice switch and Samsung TV. That message is a pain in the ass. Would love any tips.
Old 11-07-2014, 09:44 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by scootss View Post
Hi all -

Is it possible to get my harmony NOT to send a particular input change command to a device?

All of my inputs go through a monoprice 4x4 hdmi switcher. The Samsung TVs are then controlled by individual harmony remotes. Each samsung TV always stays on HDMI 1 because any input switching is handled by the monoprice switch.

BUT...the harmony won't seem to not let me send the input change command.

Sending the command causes a brief "not available" message to come up on the screen and the video to flicker. The command to switch inputs just isn't necessary.

Is there any way to stop it from sending it?

Thanks!
-Scott
I am almost certain that there is a page asking about "Inputs" when you setup an activity where you can specify something like "I do not need to change the input" or something similar. That's what I use and I don't have this issue. It's possible it's in the device settings and not the activity settings.