URC MX-450 vs MX-780/880/980 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 08-02-2014, 08:47 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
URC MX-450 vs MX-780/880/980

Okay, so I'm in the middle of setting up a dedicated home theater, and I need to select the perfect remote for it.

I had been looking at the logitech line, when I heard about the significant delay between button presse, I decided I wanted a different remote, so most recently I had been looking at the URC line of remotes. I had experience using their mx-980 using a rf-260 receiver at my in-laws, which I really liked, and was looking for more of the same.

For my purposes, I need a remote that is RF capable, and that will be able to control dimmable lights via RF, as well as controlling the receiver, projector, and htpc without difficulty. I would prefer to have a remote that is capable of doing some sort of macros, so that when I come down to the room and say that I want to watch a movie, that I can have it preprogrammed to turn on the projector, receiver, and HTPC without complaint.

I was currently eyeing the URC mx-450s, as many people seem to be selling them lightly used on ebay, and you can get one cheap with an RF receiver (usually a RF 260). I had also entertained getting an MX-780 or possibly mx-880 recently, though they are more expensive. I have the Complete Control program for programming the remotes, and I understand that the mx450 can be programmed on the remote itself.

Does anyone have any recommendations as far as which remote to choose? Is there a substantial difference between the functionality of these remotes, or would I be alright getting any old one? Also what is the difference between the RF receivers (RF260 vs RF350)?

tl;dr: URC MX 450 vs 880 vs 780 vs 980
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 08-03-2014, 03:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I would go with any of the URC remotes that can be programmed in CCP over the 450. Since the 450 can only be programmed on the remote. After that is just comes down to how much money you want to spend.

Big differences between the MRF-260 and 350 is 260 has 4 IR independent out puts and the 350 has 6 adjustable independent out puts. The 350's you can adjust the signal strength of the IR out put. Also has a separate antenna you can place away from everything, in case there is interference.

I do have a couple of the CCP programmable remotes and base stations I want to sell. PM if your interested.
Reply Remote Control Area
Gear in this thread - MX-450 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page