Nuvo Essentia E6DM all-off flashing - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 08-28-2014, 08:14 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Nuvo Essentia E6DM all-off flashing

I moved into my home about 9 months ago, and the original owner had a very nice Nuvo Essentia 6 zone/source system installed. Unfortunately, he took the E6DM amp with him when he moved and left me with just the keypads, speakers, wiring, and EZ-port hookup. It took me a while to find an E6DM amp on e-bay, but I just recently found one. Unfortunately, it would seem I'm no better off than I was. When I hook the new E6DM amp up, the keypads just flash the 'all-off' button. Upon further inspection, I noticed that this is a Version 2 E6DM amp... which would normally be coupled with the DKP-DC keypads... where as the keypads that I have installed are the DKP-C variety. The only obvious change that I can see by looking at the online manuals for both is that they switched from a bank of DIP switches to configure zone to a rotary switch. I realize this is a long shot, but thus far Nuvo has been unresponsive (and probably for good reason... this system is very old by modern technology standards). Does anyone here know if the DKP-C key pads are truly incompatible with the E6DM amp? I've tried just about everything I can think off... connecting individual keypads to the E6DM without going through the EZ-Port, setting the DIP switches to every possible zone combination. So frustrating... I was so excited to have finally found what I thought was the missing piece of my puzzle, and hear I am... more confused than ever. I've tried unplugging all of the keypads and just controlling the amp with the remote control with no luck... but I don't know if that's a valid use-case.

If anyone has any experience in this area, your contribution would be GREATLY appreciated.
Reply Remote Control Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page