looking for new remote - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old Today, 02:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
looking for new remote

I am close to finishing my theater room and ended up putting all of my components in an A/V closet in the back of the room behind a solid core door. The only piece of equipment in the room is the BenQ projector. I am looking for a remote that can operate through the closed door and hopefully control a couple of dimmers in the room as well as the projector. A customer I was working for the other day introduced me to the Insteon products and I thought they were an easy/homeowner fix with flexibility with future upgrades. I have read through a ton of threads last night and just got overwhelmed with all the options and foreign lingo. I had no idea there were so many choices. I had the Harmony 650 and liked the fact that I can push one button and everything that I needed to turn on did with the push of a button.
Thanks,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old Today, 03:02 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 895 Post(s)
Liked: 518
Ultimate Home will work like your 650 except that it adds the ability to work through your closed door and control any Insteon devices in the future. It also gives you the ability to use a phone/tablet for control at the same time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Remote Control Area

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page