Loewe / Bose / Sony - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 01-04-2003, 05:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a rather exclectic system upstairs, a mixture of a top notch Loewe TV, with a simple bose speaker/receiver, and a simple sony DVD/CD player. I don't really understand much about universal remotes. Are there any I can train for all of these? If so, how hard is it? I'm particularly concerned about the Loewe as it's not very mainstream.

Sorry if this question is really ignorant, and thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-04-2003, 07:27 PM
AVS Addicted Member

I don't know much about Loewe, but Bose uses RF and that would be a problem. What model Bose do you have. I think the 35 and 28 can also do IR, but the rest cannot. You could try contacting Bluedo.com, they have a device that can talk to Bose receivers in RF, but you would need to make sure it works with your stuff and you would be limited in the remote you can use.
post #3 of 3 Old 01-04-2003, 07:59 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by AnthonyP
I don't know much about Loewe, but Bose uses RF and that would be a problem. What model Bose do you have. I think the 35 and 28 can also do IR, but the rest cannot. You could try contacting Bluedo.com, they have a device that can talk to Bose receivers in RF, but you would need to make sure it works with your stuff and you would be limited in the remote you can use.
Thanks, that's helpful. I'm pretty sure the 3*2*1 system is IR (please don't ask why I have a 3*2*1 hooked up to a Loewe!). Believe it or not, I didn't even know that these universal remotes could learn IR commands (I thought they all had to be preprogrammed).
Closed Thread Remote Control Area

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page