yamaha and toshiba discrete codes help - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 01-12-2003, 02:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
anybody have the yahama rx-v995 receiver discrete codes. my remote for this receiver doesnt have the am/fm button and radio station button to change radio stations on it..it just have preset button.

also i have a toshiba 50" big screen tv. TP50G50 model. on it remote it has only one button to toggle between tv,video1 and video2...i am looking for buttons that has video 1, video 2 seperate.

i want these function on my mx-500 remote. if so what i need to do next?

thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 01-15-2003, 05:30 AM

As far as I know Toshiba does not support discrete codes for input selection.

Paul
post #3 of 5 Old 01-15-2003, 05:46 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 15
Check at www.remotecentral.com. They have a Home Theater Master forum as well as a Discrete Hunter forum.

I have the Yamaha 992 (but use the mx-700) and there are discretes available. There is another website (don't remember the URL) that lists extra codes found in URC remotes for specific equipment. Perhaps you can find the listing at the website listed above. Then check to see if the discrete codes are listed for your receiver for say the URC-8811. If so, they you will need to purchase that remote and program it to send the discretes and then learn them to the MX-500.

There is also another way that involves something called JP-1 programming. I've never had to go this route so I'm not very familiar with it.

For the Toshiba input problem if there really aren't any discrete codes - With the remote in TV mode Channel up or Channel down should cause the TV to reset to TV tuner. This can be added to a macro so that you will always have a known starting point. For example,

Channel up
Channel down (optional - just causes the TV to always be on the last station viewed - otherwise, each time the macro is used, the TV will add a channel)
Input
Input - Keep adding input presses necessary to get to the desired input mode.
Rest of macro as desired.

Hope this helps.

Rick
post #4 of 5 Old 01-15-2003, 07:04 AM

Maybe this will help (It's not exact, but may work). HNick
(http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin...v=receiver&fc=)
post #5 of 5 Old 01-15-2003, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Rick Wilson
Check at www.remotecentral.com. They have a Home Theater Master forum as well as a Discrete Hunter forum.

I have the Yamaha 992 (but use the mx-700) and there are discretes available. There is another website (don't remember the URL) that lists extra codes found in URC remotes for specific equipment. Perhaps you can find the listing at the website listed above. Then check to see if the discrete codes are listed for your receiver for say the URC-8811. If so, they you will need to purchase that remote and program it to send the discretes and then learn them to the MX-500.

There is also another way that involves something called JP-1 programming. I've never had to go this route so I'm not very familiar with it.

For the Toshiba input problem if there really aren't any discrete codes - With the remote in TV mode Channel up or Channel down should cause the TV to reset to TV tuner. This can be added to a macro so that you will always have a known starting point. For example,

Channel up
Channel down (optional - just causes the TV to always be on the last station viewed - otherwise, each time the macro is used, the TV will add a channel)
Input
Input - Keep adding input presses necessary to get to the desired input mode.
Rest of macro as desired.

Hope this helps.

Rick
I have a Toshiba SD-3109 DVD player and one trick I found out about is that pressing the play button on the DVD remote turns the unit on. So if you are trying to create a macro to turn your equipment off you could include pressing the play button to turn on the DVD player and then press the power button to turn it off.

Bruce
"...if we all believe in the things you believe you're seeing..." EJ/BT 76

HR20-700
HR22-100
Pioneer TiVo
Closed Thread Remote Control Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page