Best DIY, easy to use AV automation? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old Today, 06:45 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1653 Post(s)
Liked: 269
Best DIY, easy to use AV automation?

Hi guys - I built a new room and my rack is now located outside the theater. I'm looking for a flexible solution so that I can control my equipment which consists of a Marantz 8802a, Comcast STB, Panasonic UHD, Blu-ray player, possible Kalediscape etc etc. As I understand it, the popular way these days to do this is over Wifi. I want a solution that I can set up and manage myself, not something where I have to go through a dealer to program. In the most basic sense, something that I can control each piece of equipment from. Also I would like something that can tie into home automation such as SmartThings, so I can make rules that say things like if there's been no motion in the room for over 12 hours and the projector is still on then turn it off, and so forth.

Can you guys please make some recommendations? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old Today, 06:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Smells like a Logitech Harmony Elite to me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
post #3 of 3 Old Today, 08:15 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 1653 Post(s)
Liked: 269
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Allen Logan View Post
Smells like a Logitech Harmony Elite to me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks. In 15 years on AVS I think that is the fastest reply I've ever received to a newly posted topic.

At first glance I see the remote does not have number keys on it. I like to dial my channels in by number and I prefer a handheld remote over a phone. Is there an option to switch that remote with a bigger one that has number keys?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Remote Control Area