Neeo remote now shipping - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 7Likes

post #31 of 33 Old 09-18-2017, 05:13 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by everettcox22 View Post
Well stated. I totally agree with you on their customer support. Planet Neeo is awesome. They have helped me in fixing two of their drivers in under 24 hours. Now everything is working pretty seamlessly.
I think if your looking at your buying your first universal remote. This may be the one to go with. Or at least what I would suggest.
Its not often the head of a company responds in a company's Discussion forums but its done at planet.neeo.com. I continue to have high expectations that I will be able to replace my stack of remotes with the NEEO and I agree their customer support is exceptional.

Sony XBR55A1E
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 33 Old 09-20-2017, 09:36 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 214 Post(s)
Liked: 260
After spending a couple weeks with mine, I'm pretty content with it. The hardware is very well-built. It's a quality piece of hardware.

I have a very convoluted network setup, so it took a bit of trying and testing, and finally just taking the brain up to my office where the primary router is to do the initial setup, then moving it back down to the theater. It's worked flawlessly since.

Initial setup, as others have noted, is not as clear as it could be with even a small amount of documentation. I was easily able to get all my equipment loaded into the system (Panasonic projector, AppleTV, TiVo Mini, Roku 3, Oppo BD103, Emotiva XMC-1, Lutron Maestro, Dyson AM09), I got all the wiring figured out in the app, and everything powered up and selected the correct inputs perfectly.

Powering down was where I was confused. With a hardware "Power" button on the remote, as well as a "Power" symbol listed on each active recipe, I wasn't sure what to use. Either way, it didn't like my projector and wanted me to power it down manually. Well, it seems like it still tries to power it down as part of the recipe even after you power it down manually. I was getting a little fed up with my bulb being shut down and immediately powered back up.

I sent a note to them on Planet.neeo.com and within about 4 hours they had fixed and updated the Panasonic projector's driver. I tested it when I got home and it has worked flawlessly since. I'm very pleased with the response, and with the basic operation of the NEEO.

Now it's just a matter of customizing it, and learning to think like a programmer to create custom recipes.

It's not perfect, but I think it could be with some time and a little more development, which seems to be happening.

I love my iPhone, but it will never replace my turntable.

The Cinema 1858 Remodel Thread
post #33 of 33 Old 09-20-2017, 10:00 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 212 Post(s)
Liked: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillcat View Post

Now it's just a matter of customizing it, and learning to think like a programmer to create custom recipes.

It's not perfect, but I think it could be with some time and a little more development, which seems to be happening.
Yeah there is definitely some things that need to be worked out on it. I do think that is the biggest downside. After spending some time with it you can definitely tell the designers were the developers as well. Which is good and bad. Bad because in development you need user stories for the personas that are going to be actually using it. You're real target audience. Not developers. The entire UX is not really geared for just anyone.

Overall I have mine all set up and working how I want it. Just a few things I need to clean up, but after that I think I'm all set.

LivingRoom: LG OLED65E6P/Oppo UDP-203/Anthem MRX 1120/SVS SB16 ULTRA/M5300-PM/Paradigm 85F, 45c, Mythos Gem XL x4, SVS Prime Elevation x4 (atmos)/PS4 Pro/Xbox One S/Switch/AppleTV
Bedroom: Panasonic 65ZT60 / Oppo BDP103D / Apple TV / PS3
Office: Pioneer KRP-500M / Xbox 360
CalMan Enthusiast, ChromaPure, HCFR, i1D3 Pro, i1Pro, SpectraCal C6 2000, MobileForge, Lightspace, Umik1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Remote Control Area

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page