Issues With Harmony Elite and Denon Receiver - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 09-23-2017, 07:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Issues With Harmony Elite and Denon Receiver

So I have been using a Denon AVR-X2300W receiver paired with a Sony X900E 65" TV for a few weeks now (previously different TV, but same receiver for almost 3 years), and suddenly tonight, the volume control on the receiver isn't working properly.
I was watching tv earlier today with no issues, than about an hour after I turned it off, my wife turned it on and the volume only works if you press the volume key one time. If you hold it down to turn it up or down, the unit no longer changes volume (although the visual indicator on the tv shows up), and the tv even blinks as if it is receiving the command instead of the receiver.

I have tried:
Removing/Adding Receiver
Removing/Adding Activities
Powering off everything
Syncing Remote
Changing Command Delays
Retraining Harmony Remote from original remote
Removing everything from back of receiver to change volume with no sources plugged in at all

The only thing odd is for the first few seconds you hold the volume buttons, the receiver changes volume properly, then suddenly stops receiving the proper command. If we don't change volume for a few minutes, it again works properly for a second or two, then stops again.

After doing further testing, if I turn off either the tv or the receiver after I start an activity, the volume control works correctly. But if I start a new activity, it stops working. I see the tv blinking like it is receiving the command to turn up the volume at the same time, but it never does anything else. I'm at a loss at this point. It's been working fine for almost two weeks, then suddenly it stops.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 09-23-2017, 07:57 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Forgot to mention, if I have the Smart TV (Android TV in this case) turned on, the receiver takes the commands properly. It's only when I'm doing something that's not built in to the TV (Watching DirecTV, playing PS4 or Xbox, etc.)
post #3 of 3 Old 09-25-2017, 05:34 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just a thought. I have just set up my elite on the weekend, a great bit of gear... have you turned off any CEC-Link from your TV?
or maybe it has reset itself and turned them back on. Unaware of the Sony TV system, but it could be called Simlink or similar. My LG OLED had it as Simlink CEC i think, but i had to turn it off at the TV and my AVR [ Cambridge Audio CXR200] to get the remote to function properly...
Cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Remote Control Area

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page