How to power an IR Transmitter/Receiver - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 09-25-2017, 04:45 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Question How to power an IR Transmitter/Receiver

So I bought an HDBaseT Extender to extend our HDMI at our theatre from the stage to the back of the auditorium where our new Laser Projector is. The HDBaseT extender came with an IR Transmitter and Receiver (the button type with a 3.5mm connector on the end), however, our new projector has an HDBaseT input directly on the back of it, so instead of the CAT6 going into the HDBaseT receiver, it goes directly into the back of the projector (thus avoiding any further loss of quality).

I would still like to use the IR Transmitter and Receiver that came with the unit, but there is no IR 3.5mm port on the back of the projector.

Is there any way that I can power the Transmitter and Receiver? Wasn't sure what power the rig would need? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I've attached a photo of the extension cables I have.

Many thanks,
Tim
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1514.jpg (78.6 KB, 6 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 09-27-2017, 03:32 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I know there are 12v power adaptors out there so wondering if this a way of poweing, just unsure of what wires to connect to what.
post #3 of 3 Old 09-27-2017, 05:24 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 2273 Post(s)
Liked: 992
There would be no quality loss if you used the receiver instead of plugging in directly. IR is typically around 3V. I think 12V might do physical damage. Any USB level power supply would probably work. Or just buy a cheap extender system on eBay and use that power supply.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
extension , infra red , projection , remote

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page