Harmony Hub vs. Home Hub - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 09-25-2017, 07:29 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Harmony Hub vs. Home Hub

Does anyone know if there is any difference between the Harmony Hub (current model and the one that comes with the Elite and Companion) vs. the Harmony Home Hub (previous model and the one that comes with the Smart Control)? My plan is to buy the Harmony 950 and the Harmony Smart Control and use the Home Hub that comes with the Smart Control with both devices. I wanted to check here first to make sure that buying that model wouldn't affect functionality with the 950 or long term.

My setup will be to have all components in a cabinet along with the Home Hub and then use the 950 and Smart Control to control everything through the Home Hub. The 950 will also be able to control the TV since it has an IR emitter.

Thanks.

Toshiba 46XV645U
Yamaha TSR-7810 AVR (Replaced Onkyo TX-SR507)
Energy C-100 Fronts
Energy C-C100 Center (Replaced Energy C-C50)
Polk RC60i Surrounds (Replaced Energy C-50)
Energy S10.3 Sub
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 09-26-2017, 10:14 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by atbear View Post
Does anyone know if there is any difference between the Harmony Hub (current model and the one that comes with the Elite and Companion) vs. the Harmony Home Hub (previous model and the one that comes with the Smart Control)? My plan is to buy the Harmony 950 and the Harmony Smart Control and use the Home Hub that comes with the Smart Control with both devices. I wanted to check here first to make sure that buying that model wouldn't affect functionality with the 950 or long term.

My setup will be to have all components in a cabinet along with the Home Hub and then use the 950 and Smart Control to control everything through the Home Hub. The 950 will also be able to control the TV since it has an IR emitter.

Thanks.
Quick update. A user on the Logitech board said that he believes that all current Harmony hubs are the same. Subsequently, a Logitech rep confirmed that the Smart Control / Home Hub should be able to control my Sony X900E through IP Control, potentially doing away with the need for the 950. If for some reason IP Control is spotty, then I could always add the 950, pair it with the Home Hub, and use the 950's IR emitter for the TV itself.

Toshiba 46XV645U
Yamaha TSR-7810 AVR (Replaced Onkyo TX-SR507)
Energy C-100 Fronts
Energy C-C100 Center (Replaced Energy C-C50)
Polk RC60i Surrounds (Replaced Energy C-50)
Energy S10.3 Sub
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Remote Control Area

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page