Sanyo HTxx744 Series TVs -- Discrete Codes - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 05-23-2004, 03:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a Sanyo 30" widescreen HDTV (model HT30744; sibling of the HT27744 and HT32744). I've looked, but can't find a definition file for this line of TVs for either my JP1 remote (Radio Shack 15-2116), or Pronto or Home Theater Master. It may just be too new.

How would be the best way to figure out if there are any discrete codes for this line? For example, the Sanyo remote has a button which cycles between:
- analog antenae
- digital antenae
- video 1
- video 2
- component 2
- component 3
- hdmi

How do I find discrete codes for each of those types of inputs so I don't have to cycle the whole list?

Insert here some witty quote or observation.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2004, 06:17 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Your best bet is to switch to the JP1 forum. But assuming you have a JP1 cable, learn a few commands download the file into IR and see what it decodes them as. If it doesn't decode them into Protocol/Device/OBC/EFC then learn all the numerals and post the results in the JP1 Yahoo group's files|diagnostic area and one of us will decode them for you.

After the Protocol is known, then try all possible commands. It may be easier to do the testing part with the Pronto, but basically most of the regulars in that forum can tell you how to do that with a Pronto, too.
Old 05-24-2004, 08:35 PM - Thread Starter

Hmmm... how to write this without seeming whiney or ungrateful....

Although I have two JP1 remotes, the cable, IR.exe and KeyMap-Master.XLS -- plus access to all the help and help docs at hifi-remotes.com and other sites -- I find it all a bit out of reach.

It's not that I don't appreciate programming. If my life depended on it, I could probably code my way out of a wet paper bag, and maybe even a phone booth. But despite all the hours put in by the people who wrote IR.exe and KeyMap-Master and dozens or hundreds of support files, it all seems like it's just a helluva lot harder than it should be. And as I painfully try again to understand one of the how-to docs, I just keep thinking, that I'd rather pay someone to just do it for me. I'd send someone a raw IR.exe learned file (the one that's all hex gibberish and not the one that's mostly commas and text gibberish that KM-Mstr.xls uses) from my source remotes, plus a description of what I want for my remote (in this case a RS 15-2116) plus $50.00 and get back a custom made IR.exe loadable file. It's not that bad to use KM-Mstr and IR if you can find a source definition file on the JP1 Yahoo site, but if you can't then the process of going from:

1-- original remote to learning remote,
2-- learning remote to IR.exe
3-- IR.exe to KeyMap-Master
4-- massage the data
5-- KeyMap-Master to IR.exe
6-- IR.exe to smart remote

just gives me a migraine -- especially steps 3, 4 and 5. It's like this is back in the days when guys -- smart guys -- built their own PCs in their garages, wrote or modfified the OS and wrote their own programs.

How'd I do on the not sounding whiney or ungrateful thing?

Thanks fo ryour patience.

Old 05-25-2004, 09:38 AM

Ok, why not simplify the process. You learn the numerals 0 through 9 and the power toggle command from the OEM remote into your 2116 (steps 1 and 2) and post the file saved from IR as an attachment.

In return, I'll post a Pronto ccf file with all 256 commands on buttons marked 0 to 255.

(This will take me a few minutes and is easier than explaining the steps.)

You then test every command and see what you find. There is a risk that you get your TV into a factory reset mode or get into a service menu that you can't get out of. But, If you want to "advance science" then post the file with learned commands.

It sounds like you actually want to use the 2116 as the remote, and if you need help getting it to work the way you want, save the $50 and come over to the JP1 forum. You probably are much closer to understanding how it works than you think.

The advantage is that with the investment of some time you get exactly what you want. Perhaps you have already seen this but it describes the process of steps 1 through 6 pretty well.
Old 05-25-2004, 08:46 PM - Thread Starter

My Sanyo TV remote purports to be a universal remote, complete with transport keys. Although I probably didn't need them, I taught every button on the Sanyo to my 15-2116, then down (up?) loaded them to IR.exe. Everything was taught to a logical counterpart, except:

1. power on Sanyo was taught to "+100" button on the 2116
2. exit (as in exit a menu) was taught to the "move" (as in move the PIP location) button on the 2116

because you can't train either the power or the exit buttons on the 2116. The results of my training are here

FWIW... I've sought some help along these lines at JP1 forum here

Old 05-26-2004, 10:47 AM

Most of the learned commands are in setup code TV/0154.

To try that you will need to delete the learned commands on the TV device or they will take priority.

I have attached the Pronto file with all 256 commands. If you find what you are looking for I can tell you the next steps.

I am leaving Friday for two weeks without email so try, if you can, to test them soon. But again use at your own risk.

nec1_56.zip 6.806640625k . file
Old 09-28-2004, 10:31 PM
AVS Special Member

you know i just might have to have nevo make one for us wont i ;-). got to love pocketpc's
Old 10-02-2004, 09:13 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
are there any programs that will use the IR port on a laptop as a remote control?
it seems like too much trouble to go through all the JP1 stuff just so I can get the discrete on-off and hopefully discrete input buttons for this tv.