Sammy HLP and the 688 - anyone? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread

post #1 of 172 Old 06-28-2004, 12:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
It doesnt seem to me that the Harmony Webpage has the correct setup for the New Sammy HLPs. To me, it appears that the remote is trying to cycle through the inputs rather than using discrete codes. It also lists 3 components and 1 DVI rather than the correct HDMI, DVI and 2 components.

Anyone else notice this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 172 Old 06-29-2004, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mortifer
It doesnt seem to me that the Harmony Webpage has the correct setup for the New Sammy HLPs. To me, it appears that the remote is trying to cycle through the inputs rather than using discrete codes. It also lists 3 components and 1 DVI rather than the correct HDMI, DVI and 2 components.

Anyone else notice this?
yes i am trying to program the H659 and my sammy HLP5063W and found the discrete codes listed there do not work. I expect we just need to find the new codes, though i do not know how this has been done in the past. when i use the codes on harmony, it switches to component 2 which is not even in my setup.
post #3 of 172 Old 06-29-2004, 07:21 PM

Can't you enter Pronto hex into the editing software for the Hamony and get it to convert?

Here is a listing of the "new" commands in Pronto hex.
post #4 of 172 Old 07-02-2004, 09:53 AM
Advanced Member

I'm in the same boat. This is very frustrating. I've spoken with tech. help with no resolution. I can get everything right except for the cycling of inputs. The harmony tech people tell me they are working on it.
post #5 of 172 Old 07-02-2004, 09:57 AM - Thread Starter

I have run into the same problem - hopefully they can get this fixed soon! They dont even have the right inputs listed for the TV (3-Comp and 1DVI rather than 2Comp, 1 DVI and 1 HDMI).
post #6 of 172 Old 07-05-2004, 07:51 AM

I'm so glad you guys posted this. I was going to buy a Harmony remote for my new DLP but now that I know it won't work I'll save the $$$.
post #7 of 172 Old 07-05-2004, 08:15 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by GSOgymrat
I'm so glad you guys posted this. I was going to buy a Harmony remote for my new DLP but now that I know it won't work I'll save the $$$.
Before you completely dismiss the Harmony - it will work fairly soon, once the guys at harmony get the correct information for the HLPs. IMHO this is the best remote out there for anyone that wants a universal remote and has a PVR. Get one, it will work flawlessly with the HLPs soon.
post #8 of 172 Old 07-05-2004, 02:58 PM

I think you guys can already translate the new codes in Pronto hex from the link that I posted above.

Here is a link:

http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin...ght=pronto|hex

to the Harmony forum at RC where "Bierboy" explains how, that way you don't have to wait.
post #9 of 172 Old 07-06-2004, 10:24 AM

I have the 688 and the following devices...

Samsung HLP-5063
Hughes Series 2 DirectTV TiVo
VOOM (Motorola STB)
XBOX

TiVo is on S-Video 1
VOOM is on DVI
XBOX is on Component 1

The remote works fine with all the devices however I too have a problem the the "inputs". When I use the activity buttons it turns on and off the appropriate devices however it rarely sets the input correctly.

Invariably, I have to use the "Help" button to answer the questions to get the setup correctly. I know I could just use the "Input" button while controlling the Samsung under devices, but the Help is easier as it maintains controll or the Samsung AND the device.

Anyway, just to let you all know, i am having the same problems, but I really like the 688 for its versatility and function. Once Harmony gets the codes right for the inputs it will be great.

Warren in MN
post #10 of 172 Old 07-07-2004, 07:13 AM

If there's anyone here that has a HLP5063W, it would be much appreciated if someone would try re-adding this device and see if the changes that I made to it work and if the settings are correct. If there are any problems just post them here. Thanks.
post #11 of 172 Old 07-07-2004, 07:27 AM
Advanced Member

I will try tonight and post my results, unless someone beats me to it.
post #12 of 172 Old 07-07-2004, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by m1fuller68
I will try tonight and post my results, unless someone beats me to it.
I'll try when I go home for lunch... but hopefully someone will beat me to it :D

Warren in MN
post #13 of 172 Old 07-07-2004, 10:51 AM

I have a Sammy HDL507W and have the same problem. HarmonyMike did you fix the problem for this model too? Let me know so I to can download and get it working.
post #14 of 172 Old 07-07-2004, 11:02 AM

I have made changes to it, yes. I hope it works. I took the discrete commands off of the link above.
By the way, there are missing commands in the language at this point. I havn't had the time to add them all in yet (or I couldn't decide which version of the commands to include).
It would help a lot if someone could teach a volume command and a channel command so I know which IR command is the correct one used by this tv.
Thanks everyone.
post #15 of 172 Old 07-07-2004, 11:50 AM

HarmonyMikeW:

So when setting up an activity for like a dvd player, I can go through and choose the video input I am using on the tv instead of manuall cycling through, like I have been doing with the new discrete commands you downloaded.
post #16 of 172 Old 07-07-2004, 12:10 PM

Jimmy, yes, the discrete commands should work now and it should go directly to the input state that you want.
post #17 of 172 Old 07-07-2004, 12:11 PM

Ok, I removed and then readded the HLP5063W and then also reconfigured all the Activities.

It does not go to the correct input and it seems to be worse in that the "Help" menu doesnt adjust the inputs like it used to.

When you use the Help menu to correct the input on the Samsung it doesnt do anything.

When it gets to the question "Is the Samsung on the DVI input (insert input of choice)?" and I push NO, so that it will change inputs. Nothing Happens.

Warren in MN
post #18 of 172 Old 07-07-2004, 12:27 PM

Do any of the inputs work? Looks like codes given at RemoteCentral weren't great.
post #19 of 172 Old 07-07-2004, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by HarmonyMikeW
Do any of the inputs work? Looks like codes given at RemoteCentral weren't great.
I didn't try to control just the Samsung device and then use the TV/Video, so I cant answer your question specifically.

But the "Help" menu seems to do the same thing when it asks you if the Samsung is on a certain input and you say "No", it used to change inputs. However that no longer works.

Warren in MN
post #20 of 172 Old 07-07-2004, 02:38 PM

Quote:
I think the codes are correct since PHSJason is apparently a professional Installer/Programmer of Samsung displays. The confusion apparently comes from two different codesets. Some models respond to none, some to the earlier command set (with a link in that thread), and the very newest to the first set of commands.

Also note that in that thread PHSJason explains that some or all Samsung Displays will not switch to a video input that does not have a live video signal. That thread is more or less the "official thread" over at RC on the discrete commands for Samsung HDTV's.
post #21 of 172 Old 07-07-2004, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jarmstrong
I think the codes are correct since PHSJason is apparently a professional Installer/Programmer of Samsung displays. The confusion apparently comes from two different codesets. Some models respond to none, some to the earlier command set (with a link in that thread), and the very newest to the first set of commands.

Also note that in that thread PHSJason explains that some or all Samsung Displays will not switch to a video input that does not have a live video signal. That thread is more or less the "official thread" over at RC on the discrete commands for Samsung HDTV's.
I dont think the codes are correct on the "Official Thread" at RC either. The inputs are worse than they were before Mike at Harmony made the change and now the Volume and Channel commands don't work.

Could you possible return the code set to where it was before. It was at least usable and you could cycle the inputs with the help menu.

Warren in MN
post #22 of 172 Old 07-07-2004, 08:46 PM

My 5063W is coming on monday, I was going to get the 688 (tivo freak), but I may just wait until these issues are sorted - I want a pristine harmony experience when I get it...

Lee

After a decade of dreaming...building my first front projection home theater!!
post #23 of 172 Old 07-08-2004, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by LeeG23
My 5063W is coming on monday, I was going to get the 688 (tivo freak), but I may just wait until these issues are sorted - I want a pristine harmony experience when I get it...

Lee
Sorry to say it hasnt been pristine. I have most things working the way I want them, but it did take some tweaking. It sounds like Harmony changed their code set that they had originally. It doesnt work as well as it used to. I had to customize certain commands so that it better matched the Samsung commands.

Hopefully they will get it figured out soon.

Warren in MN
post #24 of 172 Old 07-09-2004, 09:50 AM

I played around with ALL the provided codes and found this:

InputComponent 1: Selects Component 2
InputComponent 2: Selects Component 1

InputComponent1: Not Used
InputComponent2: Not Used
InputComponent3: Not Used

InputSVideo 1: Selects SVideo 1
InputSVideo 2: Not Used

InputSVideo1: Selects SVideo 1
InputSVideo2: Selects Video 3
InputSVideo3: Not Used

InputAntenna: Not Used

InputAB: Not Used

InputPC: Selects VGA/PC
InputRGB: Selects VGA/PC

InputVideo: Selects Video 1

So I hope this helps those that just can't wait for the new codes to be published by Harmony. For now, this takes care of my problems.

I do not yet have any DVI or HDMI so I couldn't test these.

Enjoy!
post #25 of 172 Old 07-12-2004, 09:24 AM - Thread Starter

Any new news on the Harmony 688 and the HLP Discrete codes?? Still waiting...
post #26 of 172 Old 07-12-2004, 11:55 AM

I just used the "input DVI" discrete from the pronto website for the HLP. It works fine. I agree with the above post, some of the HLP discretes are reversed in the Harmony file. It is easy to add any of the pronto codes using the Harmony website under support. Just give it a new name under TV as the device, then edit the old code out and use the new one. It works fine. Mine is set up with the new HLN W1 lip synch fix mod, and everything works perfect.
Bill
post #27 of 172 Old 07-15-2004, 07:37 AM

Hi everyone. I finally got some more confirmation. A user called in with a CS incident and said that all the discretes work except for the antenna input. There seems to be no discrete code for the antenna input (can anyone confirm this?). Anyways, all should be good.
Oh, and channel and volume commands are in. Thanks to whoever taught them (we had so many different versions I had no idea which one was correct).
post #28 of 172 Old 07-15-2004, 07:43 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Hi everyone. I finally got some more confirmation. A user called in with a CS incident and said that all the discretes work except for the antenna input. There seems to be no discrete code for the antenna input (can anyone confirm this?). Anyways, all should be good.
Oh, and channel and volume commands are in. Thanks to whoever taught them (we had so many different versions I had no idea which one was correct).
Even the HDMI? I have heard a lot of talk about noone being able to find the discrete for the HDMI port.

I just tried to readd the HLP 5663W and it lists the incorrect inputs (looks like hte HLN inputs - 3 Components and no HDMI)

EDIT - but it looks like the 5063 has the correct inputs.
post #29 of 172 Old 07-15-2004, 07:56 AM

Sorry. I forgot to mention. I made the changes on the HLP5063W first. I havn't gotten around to changing all of them yet.
post #30 of 172 Old 07-15-2004, 08:06 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Sorry. I forgot to mention. I made the changes on the HLP5063W first. I havn't gotten around to changing all of them yet.
No big deal, just wanted to let you know.

If the 5663 isnt updated by the time I go home tonight, will just use the 5063 and confirm the discretes are working for this model as well.

Thanks for all your work!!!
Closed Thread Remote Control Area

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page