post #91 of 156 Old 12-02-2005, 11:14 PM
KAS

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goanna
I just ordered a Harmony from ebay. Can anyone tell me the best thing to use to control lights with it? Should I get a normal old X10 IR converter base unit, or should I skip X10 and just get a dimmer module with an IR sensor from home depot (will only use it to dim the lights in the one room I am using it in).
I use it for both the lights (Lutron Light Controller) and the window shades (Hunter Douglas Light Controller) in my TV room. The great thing was that both devices were already in the Harmony database.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 156 Old 12-06-2005, 04:50 PM
pjr

When trying to set up my 880 I could not find a model number for my D* HD Tivo HR10-250 in the logitech site. I called and the guy said that model number was not in their database. He put in the closest he could find, but I can't turn it on and off with activity button. If I scroll through the device button to live TV and push that it will come on. Does someone have the model number that will make it come on and go off with all of the other devices?

Thanks
post #93 of 156 Old 12-07-2005, 08:56 AM

I have the same receiver and am currently just leaving it on all the time. How do you turn it off with the standard remote? You can teach your 880 to learn this command.

Tom
post #94 of 156 Old 12-07-2005, 10:22 AM

I can't seem to find any info about the 'sleep' mode feature. Currently, none of my remotes can set the sleep mode for all of my components. It shouldn't be difficult because there are only 3 pieces of equipment: a Sony lcd tv, motorola cable box/pvr and the bose 321 gs system.

Each of the remote claims to also be a universal remote but they can only control the sleep mode for their own. For example, the bose remote has a sleep timer to turn off the audio but can't switch off the cable box or tv.

So I was wonder if the 880 can be programmed to switch off the 3 components within 15min, 30min, etc?
post #95 of 156 Old 12-07-2005, 10:43 AM
pjr

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCastle
I have the same receiver and am currently just leaving it on all the time. How do you turn it off with the standard remote? You can teach your 880 to learn this command.
I put it in standby, by hitting the DTV button at the top of the remote, hitting the channel down button which takes it down to standby and then push select. I think I did figure out how to turn it on. I will just add an extra command to my activity and turn on the live TV button. Still not sure how to get it back into standby when finished. But, I am new to this universal remote thing. :confused:
post #96 of 156 Old 12-07-2005, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjr
I put it in standby, by hitting the DTV button at the top of the remote, hitting the channel down button which takes it down to standby and then push select. I think I did figure out how to turn it on. I will just add an extra command to my activity and turn on the live TV button. Still not sure how to get it back into standby when finished. But, I am new to this universal remote thing. :confused:
I am home now so i'm gonna play with mine and see what i come up with. I'll post if I come up with something.

Tom
post #97 of 156 Old 12-07-2005, 03:07 PM

pjr,
I was able to successfully get my Harmony to turn my R10 into standby and wake it up. It was a little tricky but I'll be happy to forward on the information if youre interested. Basically you have to just add the action at the end of the macro. (you first have to teach the harmony the "DirecTV" button command)

Under Customize, Run the setup wizard again (all under the TIVO action), you'll make it do this at the end...

Before the devices are turned off, leaving the Watch TiVo Activity does the following:

Device Action
PVR "DirecTV" command is sent to the PVR
PVR "DirectionDown" command is sent to the PVR
PVR "Select" command is sent to the PVR

Tom
post #98 of 156 Old 12-08-2005, 04:45 PM
pjr

Instead of all of the direction downs, can I just do a channel down which takes it to the bottom of the page?
post #99 of 156 Old 12-09-2005, 07:41 AM

Hmm, I was told by the installer to just leave the HR10-250 on all of the time. When I loaded the 880, the Logitech site did load the info into the remote and called it 'TIVO', so now when I wish to watch TV I hit 'Watch TIVO'. Did I miss something?
post #100 of 156 Old 12-09-2005, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjr
Instead of all of the direction downs, can I just do a channel down which takes it to the bottom of the page?
Yes you can. You just have to make sure that exact command is in the Harmony. If its not, just program it in and select it when you do your customization.

Tom
post #101 of 156 Old 12-09-2005, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstander
Hmm, I was told by the installer to just leave the HR10-250 on all of the time. When I loaded the 880, the Logitech site did load the info into the remote and called it 'TIVO', so now when I wish to watch TV I hit 'Watch TIVO'. Did I miss something?
I dont think you missed anything. But the OP doesnt leave his receiver on all the time. He wanted to be able to turn it on/off with his Harmony. You don't have to leave your DVR on all the time. (of course it won't record anything when its in standby mode)

Different strokes for different folks ya know. The harmony does allow you to do whichever you'd like though.

Tom
post #102 of 156 Old 12-09-2005, 09:43 AM

Oh, okay. In the interest of domestic harmony (pun intended), I will leave it as is;-)
post #103 of 156 Old 12-09-2005, 05:31 PM

I believe its been posted here somewhere on AVS, but my 880 now isn't controlling certain aspects of my receiver. Kind of weird, it used to, and I haven't changed anything, but now it won't switch me from VCR to CD or Radio. I press the button but nothing happens on the receiver. I've read where others have had the same experience, where it just "forgets" certain codes...

Anyone have a fix or do I just go through the hassel of teaching it the commands it used to know?
post #104 of 156 Old 12-09-2005, 05:35 PM
Advanced Member

Have you tried just re-updating it on the website...maybe it's just had a hiccup?
post #105 of 156 Old 12-09-2005, 07:33 PM
pjr

Quote:
I dont think you missed anything. But the OP doesnt leave his receiver on all the time. He wanted to be able to turn it on/off with his Harmony. You don't have to leave your DVR on all the time. (of course it won't record anything when its in standby mode)

Different strokes for different folks ya know. The harmony does allow you to do whichever you'd like though.
My TIVO records all of the time when it is in standby.
post #106 of 156 Old 12-10-2005, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjr
My TIVO records all of the time when it is in standby.
How do you get it to do that? I've tried multiple times to get mine to do that. What model do you have?

Tom
post #107 of 156 Old 12-10-2005, 08:47 AM

hit "off". a customer of mine had the same annoyance.
post #108 of 156 Old 12-10-2005, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roofus
LCD screen on my 880 is fading. I noticed it today. It is getting white wash on the edges and streaks across the middle. Anyone else experienced this?
I am guessing this is because when it is sitting on the dock station it constantly slide shows pictures keeping the LCD on about 90% of the time. I can't figure out how to make the LCD just turn off when it is on the dock. I am going to also contact Logitech this week to see about a replacement.
I am not paying $170 for a remote and have the screen wash out in a month.
just hit 'off' button. a customer of mine had the same annoyance. hers has been running for over a month now. no issues. as far as battery life, it ran a good 36 hours on battery life without being charged overnight. that was with constant use while watching tv, dvd, etc.
post #109 of 156 Old 12-10-2005, 09:45 AM
pjr

Quote:
How do you get it to do that? I've tried multiple times to get mine to do that. What model do you have?
Amazing what you learn if you actually read your manual. I guess I don't need to put my HD DVR in standby. But, page 108 in the manual says "Programs that are recording or scheduled to record will record in standby mode". I even read through the manual for my SS 6768. Will wonders never cease. I usually read manuals, but was so anxious to get started, I forgot. :eek:
post #110 of 156 Old 12-10-2005, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjr
Amazing what you learn if you actually read your manual. I guess I don't need to put my HD DVR in standby. But, page 108 in the manual says "Programs that are recording or scheduled to record will record in standby mode". I even read through the manual for my SS 6768. Will wonders never cease. I usually read manuals, but was so anxious to get started, I forgot. :eek:
Well, mine will not record in standby. I have a DVR R10.

Tom
post #111 of 156 Old 12-10-2005, 09:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Well, mine will not record in standby. I have a DVR R10.
Absolutely, incorrect. All TiVos record when in standby mode. Standby does nothing but turn off the light in the front of the unit and allow passthrough for RF inputs (standalone units). This has been the case for the both the standalone models I've owned in the past as well as the DTiVos I own, including an R10.

TCastle, do a test. Set up a recording for a show (manual, SP, doesn't matter) and then put unit in standby. Take it out of standby and you'll see the recording in Now Playing. At a minimum, the drive is contantly recording the 30 minlive buffer on both tuners in or out of standby -- and if you have a recording set, that is grabbed as well. The only way to turn off a TiVo and have it not record is to unplug the unit.

Check out TiVocommunity.com for more info. Tons of threads, just search on "standby"
post #112 of 156 Old 12-11-2005, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dslunceford
Absolutely, incorrect. All TiVos record when in standby mode. Standby does nothing but turn off the light in the front of the unit and allow passthrough for RF inputs (standalone units). This has been the case for the both the standalone models I've owned in the past as well as the DTiVos I own, including an R10.

TCastle, do a test. Set up a recording for a show (manual, SP, doesn't matter) and then put unit in standby. Take it out of standby and you'll see the recording in Now Playing. At a minimum, the drive is contantly recording the 30 minlive buffer on both tuners in or out of standby -- and if you have a recording set, that is grabbed as well. The only way to turn off a TiVo and have it not record is to unplug the unit.

Check out TiVocommunity.com for more info. Tons of threads, just search on "standby"
Thanks for the information. Mine does this as well. I was basing this off a specific recording that didnt record. Then I found out that the episode was a re-run and I have it set for new episodes only.

My bad.

Tom
post #113 of 156 Old 12-21-2005, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nithos
I used the '+' button. I also went the favorites route. If I want to watch CBS, I just hit the CBS Logo.
This is something don't like about my remote. When I hit the CBS logo, the remote sends 5-pause-0-pause-5-pause-Enter (for channel 505). This takes about 4 seconds, when I could type 505 and Enter in about a second myself. Harmony doesn't have a fix for this, and I've adjusted the hell out of the delay settings trying to fix it – but they don’t.
post #114 of 156 Old 12-21-2005, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by liferules
I believe its been posted here somewhere on AVS, but my 880 now isn't controlling certain aspects of my receiver. Kind of weird, it used to, and I haven't changed anything, but now it won't switch me from VCR to CD or Radio. I press the button but nothing happens on the receiver. I've read where others have had the same experience, where it just "forgets" certain codes...

Anyone have a fix or do I just go through the hassel of teaching it the commands it used to know?

I had that happen, i just had to set the commands it forgot to one of the hard buttons then upload the change, this fixed the command, next set the hardbutton back to what it was and reupload so your hard button works as its supposed to.

Strange bug but thats the fix i found.
post #115 of 156 Old 12-22-2005, 11:17 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Can someone tell me how easy the buttons are to push? Some dislike "mushy buttons" but they are easier for me due to muscle strength from muscular dystrophy. Button size doesn't matter to me.
post #116 of 156 Old 12-22-2005, 12:09 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 445
Quote:
Originally Posted by sigmaace01
Can someone tell me how easy the buttons are to push? Some dislike "mushy buttons" but they are easier for me due to muscle strength from muscular dystrophy. Button size doesn't matter to me.

the number pad is easy to click, the volume/channel/up and down buttons are a bit more resistant. The OK button requires a bit more pressure as well. The tiny screen buttons can be awkward. The balance and weight of the remote also tips it up in your hand when pressing the screen buttons so you need a firm grip with one hand sometimes.

post #117 of 156 Old 12-22-2005, 12:19 PM

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn
the number pad is easy to click, the volume/channel/up and down buttons are a bit more resistant. The OK button requires a bit more pressure as well. The tiny screen buttons can be awkward. The balance and weight of the remote also tips it up in your hand when pressing the screen buttons so you need a firm grip with one hand sometimes.
Hmmm thanks for the tips. I can push the buttons on my Comcast Moto DVR remote ok, they're a bit stiff. Maybe I'll buy it & try it.
post #118 of 156 Old 04-09-2006, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeAlletto
"To get the latest TV listings, use the Update link above."

But I haven't figured out how to get that to work yet.
Has logitech ever got this to work? I've had my 880 for a long time, and this is the only other feature I wish it had. Tried searching. thanks.
post #119 of 156 Old 04-10-2006, 06:51 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozMP3
This is something don't like about my remote. When I hit the CBS logo, the remote sends 5-pause-0-pause-5-pause-Enter (for channel 505). This takes about 4 seconds, when I could type 505 and Enter in about a second myself. Harmony doesn't have a fix for this, and I've adjusted the hell out of the delay settings trying to fix it – but they don’t.
Has anyone found a fix for this yet? I have the same problem. It only applies to the Harmony favs. The favs I set for my Moto DCT 6200 work fine because they use the interkey delay settings that I have specified. I have not been able to locate a setting for the Harmony Favorites anywhere.
post #120 of 156 Old 04-10-2006, 06:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by balefire
Has logitech ever got this to work? I've had my 880 for a long time, and this is the only other feature I wish it had. Tried searching. thanks.
not on 880. I did ask them about a month back.
Closed Thread Remote Control Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page