Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

post #151 of 236 Old 03-12-2008, 11:54 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere, but...

I have a Harmony 550, and I've been really pleased with it thus far. In fact, there is really only one nagging issue I've been having with it. It fails to turn my Samsung DTB-H260F ATSC tuner on/off about half the time. I often end up having to walk to the room that contains my rack, point the remote right at the box, and hit "HELP." I then proceed until it asks whether the DTB-H260F is on/off (depending on whether I'm powering up or down), answer "NO," and occasionally it still doesn't turn the box on/off (but after answering "NO" a second time, it works).

Sooooo... any suggestions? I haven't had any other problems with devices, in either device mode or activity mode. The DTB-H260F responds beautifully to all other commands, too. Just not power toggles.

As I mentioned above, I do have my equipment rack in a different room than my display. I use an IR extender (HotLink Pro) with the receiving eye hidden behind my front-right speaker grille, and dedicated emitters stuck onto all the equipment in my rack. I don't think this is a factor because, as I said, all other devices work fine and the DTB-H260F itself responds well to all commands but power toggles.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 236 Old 03-12-2008, 01:29 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlniec View Post

Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere, but...

I have a Harmony 550, and I've been really pleased with it thus far. In fact, there is really only one nagging issue I've been having with it. It fails to turn my Samsung DTB-H260F ATSC tuner on/off about half the time. I often end up having to walk to the room that contains my rack, point the remote right at the box, and hit "HELP." I then proceed until it asks whether the DTB-H260F is on/off (depending on whether I'm powering up or down), answer "NO," and occasionally it still doesn't turn the box on/off (but after answering "NO" a second time, it works).

Sooooo... any suggestions? I haven't had any other problems with devices, in either device mode or activity mode. The DTB-H260F responds beautifully to all other commands, too. Just not power toggles.

As I mentioned above, I do have my equipment rack in a different room than my display. I use an IR extender (HotLink Pro) with the receiving eye hidden behind my front-right speaker grille, and dedicated emitters stuck onto all the equipment in my rack. I don't think this is a factor because, as I said, all other devices work fine and the DTB-H260F itself responds well to all commands but power toggles.

Thanks!

Just guessing here. Some components go into an ignore mode when they are bombarded with IR. The Hotlink sends any IR it picks up to all of its bugs(emitters). If your STB is being "hit" with a bunch of unknown commands it may ignore any IR it sees including the commands specific to that STB. By the time you go through the help menu it may reset and resume normal function. To test the theory try waiting 30-60 seconds and then use the help guide in the room where the eye is. If it works consistantly that way you could either try to get the STB to be first in line to shut down or increase the delay time for the power off to be sent to the STB (can't remember if this is possible).

Kevin
post #153 of 236 Old 03-13-2008, 08:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by briansemerick View Post

i have a 670. i have it set up to switch to "TV" on my Sony HTIB receiver, HDMI input on my Sony 27" HD CRT, and turn on my Xbox 360 - as "Play Xbox 360". However, for the most part it'll switch correctly, the 360's green light will turn on, then it'll turn back off. Like the HDMI couldn't tell it was connected so it just turns it off. I don't know if this is a delay problem or not - as far as i know i have all devices set at 0ms. Anyone else ever have this problem? always ends up with my having to hit "Power" to turn on my 360. thanks!

any help on this? also, when i switch back to "watch tv" where it is supposed to turn off the 360, half the time it doesn't do it and i have to go through the menus to search for the Xbox power button.
post #154 of 236 Old 03-13-2008, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by briansemerick View Post

any help on this? also, when i switch back to "watch tv" where it is supposed to turn off the 360, half the time it doesn't do it and i have to go through the menus to search for the Xbox power button.

I don't use HDMI so I'm not very knowledgable with it, but there is something called handshaking with it. You probably are encountering there not being enough of a delay between turning compoenents on. You may want to add some time to the 360's power on and or inter device time. I may be wrong here, so someone else can chime in. Hope this helps.
post #155 of 236 Old 03-13-2008, 09:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 17
thanks, that was my thought too - except it's very inconsistent. usually when i turn on everything from an off position, it works fine. but when switching from one to the other, the 360 won't stay on. you'd think there would be less time in switching than a cold "off" - but i don't know. either way, you'd think it'd either always or never work. hmmm...
post #156 of 236 Old 03-13-2008, 11:04 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieTheater View Post

Just guessing here. Some components go into an ignore mode when they are bombarded with IR. The Hotlink sends any IR it picks up to all of its bugs(emitters). If your STB is being "hit" with a bunch of unknown commands it may ignore any IR it sees including the commands specific to that STB. By the time you go through the help menu it may reset and resume normal function. To test the theory try waiting 30-60 seconds and then use the help guide in the room where the eye is. If it works consistantly that way you could either try to get the STB to be first in line to shut down or increase the delay time for the power off to be sent to the STB (can't remember if this is possible).

Kevin

And a good theory at that. I will try moving the DTB up to the front of the power up/down sequence.

As it stands, the DTB is toward the end of my power up/down sequence (after my projector and A/V receiver). I did that because sometimes, it seems, powering up the DTB-H260F before the receiver can cause audio issues.

If I try it and I actually do have audio problems, I'd probably have to move the DTB back to the end of the power sequence. Then my next step should be to start increasing its inter-device delay, correct? Thanks!
post #157 of 236 Old 03-15-2008, 09:42 AM

I'm noticing that the pause key on my Harmony 880 isn't working with my DSM-520. Has anyone else had this problem? Any fix?
post #158 of 236 Old 03-19-2008, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aagha View Post

I'm noticing that the pause key on my Harmony 880 isn't working with my DSM-520. Has anyone else had this problem? Any fix?

Make sure it is actually mapped to something in the devices "customize buttons"
post #159 of 236 Old 03-28-2008, 12:40 PM

Liked: 12
anyone have any settings for Sony SXRD sets? I have a KDS-A2000 set, and it's a tad slow when switching inputs.
post #160 of 236 Old 04-03-2008, 10:28 AM

Hey everybody, there's a delay from when my TV turns on to when I can input commands. Which setting would I adjust so that the change input command comes in after a certain amount of time after the device is powered on? That is, if it's even possible. And if not, does anyone have a good work around for it?

Thanks,
Plums.
post #161 of 236 Old 04-03-2008, 11:39 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plumsicle View Post

Hey everybody, there's a delay from when my TV turns on to when I can input commands. Which setting would I adjust so that the change input command comes in after a certain amount of time after the device is powered on? That is, if it's even possible. And if not, does anyone have a good work around for it?

Thanks,
Plums.

That's the power-on delay setting. Go to the device > trouble shooting > adjust delays. 1000 ms = 1 second. Count, use a stopwatch, or just increment the setting by a little until it works properly.

My rear projection TV requires this to be set to 15000 ms (15 seconds).
post #162 of 236 Old 04-03-2008, 03:52 PM

Works great. Thanks girdnerg.

Plums.
post #163 of 236 Old 04-14-2008, 09:06 PM

Is anyone successfully using the Harmony One with either of:

1. The Tivo Series 3
2. Yamaha RX-V1800

Because if so, please share your timings with me, as no amount of adjustment I've tried can make these things behave properly. Navigating Tivo menus is painfully slow, and individual button presses on the volume of the receiver will keep registering second after excruciating second after I've finished pressing them (but holding it down works fine).

Yes, I've read this thread, and tried adjusting all the relevant delays; still not close to OEM, which is why I'm asking for help.
post #164 of 236 Old 04-15-2008, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkozlows View Post

Is anyone successfully using the Harmony One with either of:

1. The Tivo Series 3
2. Yamaha RX-V1800

Because if so, please share your timings with me, as no amount of adjustment I've tried can make these things behave properly. Navigating Tivo menus is painfully slow, and individual button presses on the volume of the receiver will keep registering second after excruciating second after I've finished pressing them (but holding it down works fine).

Yes, I've read this thread, and tried adjusting all the relevant delays; still not close to OEM, which is why I'm asking for help.

I am using these delays for the Tivo Series 3 with my Harmony 890, and they are working well: Power On: 1000, Inter-Key: 0, Inter-Device: 100, Number of Repeats: 2.

Interestingly, when I previously set the Number of Repeats to 0, the Tivo was actually repeating my commands, as if I had a high Number of Repeats. When I increased the Number of Repeats to 2, it stopped repeating!
post #165 of 236 Old 05-11-2008, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokerblue View Post

- This is what I am using for my 3808ci.

Power On Delay: 1600 ms
Inter-key Delay: 0 ms
Input Delay: 200 ms
Inter-Device Delay: 200 ms

Repeats: 1

I haven't tried these settings yet because the 3808ci that I'm trying to fix isn't mine, so I don't have access to it, But the problem that I'm facing is that it won't switch inputs/sources on the receiver when I try and change activities, Does that sound like a delay problem that this will fix?
post #166 of 236 Old 05-27-2008, 08:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Your lucky I have to beat my remote for my DVDP I use foy my 2 channel audio rig against something for it to work sometimes. Thats just an excuse I can make for picking up 2 universal remotes! but it won't be the harmony that will eat into my audio budget.

One shall stand... One Shall Fall... - Optimus Prime
post #167 of 236 Old 06-13-2008, 01:55 PM

Based on tokerblue's input I'm using these setting in my Denon 3808ci;

and everything works great except the volume. The volume keeps changing too fast even when just tapping the remote. This happens inconsistently meaning sometimes it jumps .5 db and other times 10db so I'm not sure which delay to focus on changing. I searched through many of the threats regarding both the Denon and harmony but could not find any comments on a simular problem. This leads me to belief it has something to do with these new settings but everything else works so much better, any ideas which setting to focus on?
post #168 of 236 Old 07-28-2008, 10:24 AM

I have an 880, about 2 years old now. Over the last 3-4 months the volume control has continually gotten slower and slower. Now it takes about 5 seconds of constant pressing to get it to work. The battery indicator reads full charge (but the battery has never been changed). Any suggestions other than contacting Logitech?

On Edit: after researching the Logitech forums, it seems that the 18 month time frame is getting to be normal for the Volume and Channel buttons to fail. Some have had marginal success by taking the remote apart and cleaning the contact points. Others have actually put down drops of glue and/or other items as fixes. Throwaway electronics.......................
post #169 of 236 Old 09-18-2008, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderr View Post

and everything works great except the volume. The volume keeps changing too fast even when just tapping the remote. This happens inconsistently meaning sometimes it jumps .5 db and other times 10db so I'm not sure which delay to focus on changing. I searched through many of the threats regarding both the Denon and harmony but could not find any comments on a simular problem. This leads me to belief it has something to do with these new settings but everything else works so much better, any ideas which setting to focus on?

I have exactly the same problem with my 890 and 3808ci. Have forever (since I got the 3808ci) and tried to fix through support (both logitech and Denon) but to no avail so I got "used to it". Sucks but I've got to deal, right?
post #170 of 236 Old 09-19-2008, 01:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokerblue View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderr View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by stulaloyd View Post

I have exactly the same problem with my 890 and 3808ci. Have forever (since I got the 3808ci) and tried to fix through support (both logitech and Denon) but to no avail so I got "used to it". Sucks but I've got to deal, right?

I'm not at my H-1 computer, but later this weekend I'll check my 3808ci settings for comparison and post them here.

HH
post #171 of 236 Old 09-21-2008, 02:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokerblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderr

Quote:
Originally Posted by stulaloyd

Sorry about the,,,'DELAY'...

My 3808ci, H-1 settings:

Power On Delay: 0 ms
Inter-key Delay: 100 ms
Input Delay: 100 ms
Inter-Device Delay: 100 ms
Repeats: 0

My volume works just fine.

HH
post #172 of 236 Old 10-16-2008, 09:14 AM

have the 880 and it never seemed "responsive" enough when controlling my system - especially when changing the "surround style" (ie, stereo, arena, 3-channel, cathedral, pro-logic etc.)

even with timing settings at "0" - there was always what seemed like "too long" of a delay between actions...

BUT - last week added a different dvd player to the system, and when i went online (hadn't been there in months) it updated the 880 system software

NOW - the timings/response seem to have improved GREATLY!!!

before at times i'd manually swap between stereo and pro-logic, which was 9 keypresses cycling through it's modes, i'd finish and then wait for 4-5 seconds as my receiver caught up to the final pro-logic mode

NOW - after the "system update" the delay when i finish is "maybe" 1 second or LESS...

i was having the SAME delays with ACTIVITY STARTUP - i would "watch TV" and then have to sit and wait 6-8 seconds till the 880 finished doing it's thing

NOW - i have access to controls within a couple seconds

so - if it's been awhile since you've "updated" your remote, log in with it and let it get a "system update" - you'll see a lot of improvement!
post #173 of 236 Old 10-29-2008, 07:02 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I have the Harmony One and when selecting favorites the three digit channel numbers are appearing on my Motorola 3416 DVR in slow motion, one at a time. However it I press the channel up or down button it changes instantly. Any suggestions to fix this?
post #174 of 236 Old 10-30-2008, 08:30 PM

Hi,

I have the Harmony ONE and a Sony 46" X3100 / XBR4 (depending on which country you happen to be in). I have my favourite channels set up on the remote, but when I switch channels by pressing the channel on the touchscreen, the TV takes a painfully l-o-n-g time to process the change - i.e. one digit at a time, then pause before the channel actually changes. Does anyone know how to program the remote to avoid this problem? (the tv itself is slow to channel change at the best of times, but this remote makes it even worse)
post #175 of 236 Old 10-30-2008, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 61016216 View Post

Hi,

I have the Harmony ONE and a Sony 46" X3100 / XBR4 (depending on which country you happen to be in). I have my favourite channels set up on the remote, but when I switch channels by pressing the channel on the touchscreen, the TV takes a painfully l-o-n-g time to process the change - i.e. one digit at a time, then pause before the channel actually changes. Does anyone know how to program the remote to avoid this problem? (the tv itself is slow to channel change at the best of times, but this remote makes it even worse)

I was suffering from the same problem with my favorites on the Harmony One remote. The issue was how the One was sending the signal to the cable box and not my TV. I spoke to Harmony's tech support tonight and they adjusted the internal settings for my remote on their end, I updated the remote doing a sync and the time for channels when pressing on my favorites increased drastically!
post #176 of 236 Old 11-03-2008, 03:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC Guy View Post

I was suffering from the same problem with my favorites on the Harmony One remote. The issue was how the One was sending the signal to the cable box and not my TV. I spoke to Harmony's tech support tonight and they adjusted the internal settings for my remote on their end, I updated the remote doing a sync and the time for channels when pressing on my favorites increased drastically!

thx for the reply. Unfort. I don't have a cable box to blame it on - the signal goes straight to the TV to change channels. WIll fiddle around some more with settings and see if I can fix it (without making things worse..)

cheers,
post #177 of 236 Old 11-03-2008, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 61016216 View Post

thx for the reply. Unfort. I don't have a cable box to blame it on - the signal goes straight to the TV to change channels. WIll fiddle around some more with settings and see if I can fix it (without making things worse..)

cheers,

Save yourself some work as it is a fairly fast call and their tech support people are extremely knowledgeable and their call centers are either in the US or Canada. They access your setup on their end, will adjust the settings for your issue and all you have to do is sync your ONE on your computer. They then wait to see if the problem is fixed when you test the remote on your TV.
post #178 of 236 Old 11-03-2008, 02:24 PM

fair enough - will give it a go. thx!
post #179 of 236 Old 11-28-2008, 04:55 PM

Firstly thanks to those that helped me with my other two questions.

Now...
(1) If I use my remote at two locations, can I cretae a new account with new Devices and Activities for the second Account? Will updating the remote with the new Devices and Activities overwrite and replace my current activities? Can I reverse that process as needed?

(2) When I set up a device the device screen displays a number of Function Icons that in some cases scroll over many screens. Can I delete and/or rearrange those Funtion Icons into a more usable order?

(3) I feel foolish for asking this because the answer is probably so simple that I'm overlooking it. Can I set up an Activity with just one Device (say Satellite Box) and choose a channel without turning any other devices on? When I try to enter a new Activity and choose watch TV it automatically selects my Plasma too and I don't want this as part of the Activity. How do I get around that?

Thanks again
Tarxan
post #180 of 236 Old 11-28-2008, 05:05 PM

Sorry but I forgot this one.
If I started an Activity with three Devices (say to record a TV show on HDD), how can a automate a function that turns only one of the devices off (Plasma) after I've set it up to record?

Anyone got this one?
Cheers
T
Reply Remote Control Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page