Good evening everyone. Long time reader, first time poster... hopefully you wizards of all things AV can help me out...
I believe I may have received a defective Harmony 880 remote control. The following are the problems I have been experiencing since getting the remote on the 25th of December.
- The top "Activities" button does absolutely nothing until you push the button 20 or 30 times. I have tried quick presses as well as long, second long presses.
- The top "Help" button does nothing at all until something else is pressed... for example: Push "Watch TV", wait for things to come on and for the "keep pointed toward system" message to disappear. Try hitting help and nothing happens. You MUST hit another button for help, activities, or even the off button to work...
- Only about 25% of the time does the "Watch TV" activity turn on my receiver, TV, and PVR. Most of the time it only turns on one or two, but hardly ever all three.
- Once everything is finally on, the number pad (0-9) does nothing (set to control PVR) until about 30 button presses. When the controller goes into "sleep mode", you have to start pressing random buttons on the number pad to get any sort of response.
Other, smaller problems have been detected, such as the remote being unable to learn many IR commands. Only about 10% of the time does it actually succeed. I have tried different distances, longer/shorter button presses, etc.
The following are the troubleshooting I have done since opening my gift.
- Updated the software and firmware 2 or 3 times just to make sure.
- Turned down/up ms power delay (from 100 ms to 4000+ ms on all devices, including "default")
- Checked Logitech forums
- Checked AVG forums, obviously
This is my equipment:
TV - Philips 42PF7220A/37B
PVR - Dish Network Dish DVR-625
DVD- Onkyo DV-SP404
Receiver - Onkyo TX-SR605
Thank you very much for any help you may be able to give me. I asked for this remote specifically due to all the great reviews I have read and anticipate getting the remote working fully.