Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

post #211 of 236 Old 05-17-2009, 10:51 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Picked up an 890 for a good price today, but I have to say so far I'm a bit baffled as to how this remote responds slower than the Xbox 360 Harmony. I downloaded the firmware update, lowered the delay times in the settings, and the 890 is noticeably slower at times than the 360 remote, and also seems to have difficulty "waking" from the state it goes into after the time has elapsed that you set for the glow timer. It's a cool remote and all but so far I'm pretty amazed that a 99.99 MSRP remote works much smoother than a 349.99 MSRP remote.

Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #212 of 236 Old 06-08-2009, 03:04 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairface1 View Post

I apologize if this has been covered before, but are any of you using a Harmony with the Samsung 950 LCDs? I have a 46a950, and I'd like to have the TV respond quicker to the remote. When I try to start an activity with everything off, it seems to take forever to have the TV come on and switch inputs. However, switching inputs once the TV is on seems to work well.

I've tried reducing the "warm-up" time for the TV in the Device options. The default is 13000ms. The problem is that when I set the number too low, the TV won't get the command to switch inputs once it's on. Has anyone found that "ideal" delay time for this LCD?

Thanks.

I have the same question as Chairface1 but with the Samsung UN55B6000. I can't seem to get the Harmony to switch inputs on the Samsung TV when I start an activity with everything off. Once the TV is on and I switch activities, the inputs switch correctly.
post #213 of 236 Old 06-14-2009, 08:28 AM

Hi, there. I'm hoping somebody might have some suggestions for the *opposite* problem that I am having with my new Harmony 890 remote. I'm using the remote to control my FIOS cable box/DVR, which is a Motorola QIP6416-2. The box is in a different room than the tv, and I am using RF to control it.

The problem is that the buttons are *too* sensitive. If I press channel up or channel down, it goes up two channels or down two channels. If I try to enter a channel number, channel 570 becomes channell 557700. You can imagine how annoying this gets.

I've tried reducing the repeat to 0 and I've also tried increasing the inter-key delay to 1000ms, but neither has fixed the problem. Any other suggestions? Thanks.
post #214 of 236 Old 09-13-2009, 06:40 PM

I sure am glad a stumbled across this thread. My 720 has had a delay with my TWC Motorola DVR for the longest. I did some adjusting and I think all is well now
post #215 of 236 Old 11-05-2009, 10:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Send a message via Skype™ to mariob33
or if anyone has for prior series its my understanding they are very similar.

In search of video bliss...
post #216 of 236 Old 11-18-2009, 03:25 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
My Harmony 890 remote doesn't send commands anywhere near as fast as my factory remote.

In fact, if I hit the volume-up several times in a row (quickly), the remote is still sending commands long after I stopped pressing the button. You can also see the little red "radar" signal stay lit on the remote control for a long time.

I've reduced the "time between button presses" from 100 ms to 0 ms and I've reduced the "responding too much" from 2 to 0.

What else can I do?

Will it respond faster if I learn the IR signals from my original remote?

(NOTE: This is happening on pretty much all of my devices and not just my A/V receiver/amplifier)
post #217 of 236 Old 11-19-2009, 10:14 AM

I bought a second 890 for a second room. I LOVE my first one. In the second room, everything works great, except for the Directv HR20. before, the directv remote was iffy too. I need to hold the remote at a ~60 degree angle. wouldn't work straight on. The 890 is the same way. I tried using the RF extender and everything is worse. the repeater is directly on the IR.

any ideas?
post #218 of 236 Old 01-06-2010, 12:33 AM

Note that on at least some of the Harmony remotes, the inter-device delay affects the speed of sequences, even sequences that only involve one device.

See this thread for further discussion:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1213638
post #219 of 236 Old 02-07-2010, 01:47 PM

I'm having trouble with delay when using my H1 as my mce remote in the guide section of WMC. Here is my setup:

Harmony one
This IR receiver: http://www.amazon.com/Windows-Contro.../dp/B00224ZDFY
Sony 46z4100
Sony STR-DG510
W7 64bit media center

I couldn't seem to find a code in the database that works for the IR receiver, so I eventually just used the remote to RAW program it. Everything works as it should, except there is significant delay when using the guide in WMC. The OEM remote works just fine with the guide. My IR receiver lights up when it receives a signal, and I noticed that is it slightly delayed when signals are sent from the H1 when compared to the OEM. I've tried changing the inter key and inter device delays to 0, changing the number of repeats to 0, as well as multiple combinations of the above, including my other components. No luck. I called logitech support, and the guy pushed me up to level 2 support, but no one's available on the weekend. Anyone here have any other suggestions to try?

Edit: I thought I'd update this post for others who may have purchased this remote. Logitech finally returned my call today and the fix was pretty easy. They analyzed my raw signals, and "trimmed" the end of each raw signal I had programmed. Works great now, is much more responsive, and I have no complaints.
post #220 of 236 Old 02-24-2010, 09:31 PM

I have a Harmony 880 thats spent the past couple years in a drawer because of the terrible lag. The lag basically makes it unusable with anything with a menu, and makes volume controls a royal pain.

Read every guide I could find (including this one), went through every possible way of fixing it, and nothing would work. I even contacted logitech support who edited some settings the consumer software can't (which to me is an utter disgrace, but thats a whole other story), and what they did actually made the lag at least 10x worse. So into the drawer it went, and it's been there since mid-08.

I'm still using my old pronto tsu-2000 that has absolutely no lag, it's just getting a bit old now. I even have a cheap $20 universal remote that I find much more usable than my Harmony 880, all because of the lag.
post #221 of 236 Old 02-26-2010, 10:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pehgrif View Post

I have a Harmony 880 thats spent the past couple years in a drawer because of the terrible lag. The lag basically makes it unusable with anything with a menu, and makes volume controls a royal pain.

Read every guide I could find (including this one), went through every possible way of fixing it, and nothing would work. I even contacted logitech support who edited some settings the consumer software can't (which to me is an utter disgrace, but thats a whole other story), and what they did actually made the lag at least 10x worse. So into the drawer it went, and it's been there since mid-08.

I'm still using my old pronto tsu-2000 that has absolutely no lag, it's just getting a bit old now. I even have a cheap $20 universal remote that I find much more usable than my Harmony 880, all because of the lag.

Sorry to hear. I have 3 Harmony remotes (880, 657 and Harmony 1) in my home and none of them have ever had a lag problem.
post #222 of 236 Old 04-02-2010, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerHarley View Post

Sorry about the,,,'DELAY'...

My 3808ci, H-1 settings:

Power On Delay: 0 ms
Inter-key Delay: 100 ms
Input Delay: 100 ms
Inter-Device Delay: 100 ms
Repeats: 0

My volume works just fine.

HH

Thanks mate! These settings work a treat on my AVR-2310!!!
post #223 of 236 Old 04-09-2010, 11:53 AM

Can someone help? I have a ROKU NETFLIX HD box and I have tried everything to get the speed of the HARMONY 550 remote to match the speed of the orig roku remote.. when I use the orig remote and press left or right or up or down it works in real time - IE I press it two times it moves 2 times as fast as I press the buttons.. but on the harmony there is a delay.. I have tried changing all the settings as described here and I get it BETTER but still not up to the same speed as the ORIG remote.. any help would be appreciated...
post #224 of 236 Old 04-16-2010, 07:19 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 15
hey all,

I've long had a harmony 550 remote, and love it. it controls a 40 inch samsung 1080P LCD, a yamaha audio receiver, and a panasonic dvd/vcr recorder (plus a ps3 for blu-ray. but i don't have the adapter for it yet).

I'm noticing a problem that's been occurring as of late, and didn't when I first got it. When I press different activities, it often times does not switch to the proper input on the tv, and also doesn't switch to the proper input on the yamaha av receiver. This is the case both when it has switch all components on from being off (and then doesn't switch to the proper inputs), and sometimes even when everything is already on, the inputs just need switched.

The question is: how do i go about fixing this? I know you can switch delay times and all that fun tech stuff in the remote's menu, but I have no idea what all that stuff means, and how i properly adjust all those settings (which ones, and by how much).

Anyone have any advice for me? I would appreciate some good step-by-step directions. Forgive me for my stupidity in advance. Yes, I've changed the batteries, that is not the issue. I just don't understand what delays to change, and what I should try changing them too. Thx for the help!
post #225 of 236 Old 04-17-2010, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucdaddy View Post

I'm having trouble with delay when using my H1 as my mce remote in the guide section of WMC. Here is my setup:

Harmony one
This IR receiver: http://www.amazon.com/Windows-Contro.../dp/B00224ZDFY
Sony 46z4100
Sony STR-DG510
W7 64bit media center

I couldn't seem to find a code in the database that works for the IR receiver, so I eventually just used the remote to RAW program it. Everything works as it should, except there is significant delay when using the guide in WMC. The OEM remote works just fine with the guide. My IR receiver lights up when it receives a signal, and I noticed that is it slightly delayed when signals are sent from the H1 when compared to the OEM. I've tried changing the inter key and inter device delays to 0, changing the number of repeats to 0, as well as multiple combinations of the above, including my other components. No luck. I called logitech support, and the guy pushed me up to level 2 support, but no one's available on the weekend. Anyone here have any other suggestions to try?

Edit: I thought I'd update this post for others who may have purchased this remote. Logitech finally returned my call today and the fix was pretty easy. They analyzed my raw signals, and "trimmed" the end of each raw signal I had programmed. Works great now, is much more responsive, and I have no complaints.

I bought a cheap pc remote (chinavision) as well to be used with my Harmony ONE. The remote is in their database (cvsb-983) but it only works if I teach it raw commands just like your situation. How did you "trim" the raw commands exactly? The button delays when using the Harmony ONE is killing me.
post #226 of 236 Old 06-01-2010, 07:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by sofakng View Post

My Harmony 890 remote doesn't send commands anywhere near as fast as my factory remote.

In fact, if I hit the volume-up several times in a row (quickly), the remote is still sending commands long after I stopped pressing the button. You can also see the little red "radar" signal stay lit on the remote control for a long time.

I've reduced the "time between button presses" from 100 ms to 0 ms and I've reduced the "responding too much" from 2 to 0.

What else can I do?

Will it respond faster if I learn the IR signals from my original remote?

(NOTE: This is happening on pretty much all of my devices and not just my A/V receiver/amplifier)

I'm in the same boat and it's frustrating! Especially for my HTPC!
post #227 of 236 Old 07-02-2010, 07:36 AM

I have a Harmony One controlling A/V Receiver Onkyo 1007, PIO KRP 600M and Comcast 8300 cable box along with Sony DVD player. Recently, (perhaps since updating Harmony remote), the delay times when switching channels have gotten very long. Is it possible that the Inter-Key/Delay times have defaulted to a longer timeframe? Any suggested settings for my set-up would be appreciated thanks!

Stick
post #228 of 236 Old 07-02-2010, 07:38 AM

not to change the topic, but because he Harmony remotes work with the internet, if I purchased a new harmony remote (but a different model), can I just connect it to the usb cable and it will download all the settings from the old remote so I dont have to re-program it??
post #229 of 236 Old 07-02-2010, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djqwik View Post

not to change the topic, but because he Harmony remotes work with the internet, if I purchased a new harmony remote (but a different model), can I just connect it to the usb cable and it will download all the settings from the old remote so I dont have to re-program it??

In the Logitech software theres a place that asks if you have a new remote....try clicking to see if it gives you the option to transfer setttings....just a thought as I'm not at my home computer to try it myself. good luck
post #230 of 236 Old 07-02-2010, 08:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by djqwik View Post

Usually, the basic settings for your devices and activities are transferred if you use go into your existing account and use the Replace Remote function.

What does not always translate over very well are custom button layouts... you may have to redo those. I have use the following replace remote combinations:

• 880 > One - Devices and activities transferred intact, custom buttons and favorite channels did not. This bothered me because the two remotes have essentially the same capabilities with only going from 8 to 6 custom buttons per page being the difference. This being a very complex setup, it took me days to redo the custom buttons.
  • 520 > 520 - All transferred intact
  • 520 > 550 - All transferred intact
  • 520 > 610 - All transferred intact
  • 550 > 610 - All transferred intact
  • One > 550 - Devices and activities transferred intact, custom buttons and (obviously) favorite channels did not. I did not actually replace the One with a 550, either... I had Harmony clone my One account and changed the clone over to the 550. It is my "backup" remote for the One, since the 550 can also handle the 11 devices in my main system.

Commercial AV Design Engineer, CTS-D Certified
TWC-Charlotte, 8640HDC/ODN 7.2.0_11

post #231 of 236 Old 10-09-2010, 03:31 PM

I have an 880 and the roku inter-key delay always seemed to be about 500ms no matter what I set it to (0, 100).

First I went and got rid of all mentions of 500ms from all my devices, changing all inter-device delays to 100ms. Not sure if this helped because in the same troubleshooting step I also clicked the "troubleshooting" button on the top right of the harmony software which told me there's an update available for my roku device. I updated it and it screwed up my roku activity a bit and added a duplicate roku device.

The delays were better now, about 100ms. I deleted the duplicate roku device which was simply named "dvd" and had the activity use my original device. Delays came back.

I deleted both roku devices and readded one. I think this is what fixed it as my delays now seem to be about 100ms. It's not quite as fast as the roku remote, but it's much better than 500ms.

I also updated the remote firmware. "Downloads" button on top right.

HTH
post #232 of 236 Old 08-07-2011, 11:21 AM

I've got the Harmony 700 and am frustrated using XBMC

I will for example hold "down" to scroll down a list, but it will continue scrolling after I let go. Keyboard and HP remote have no delay.

Keyboard is RF USB, but the HP remote is ALSO infrared... why doesn't it suffer this lag?

It's quite annoying
post #233 of 236 Old 08-09-2011, 01:14 PM

I am having the same problem. Did you ever find a fix, it is driving me crazy. Thanks
post #234 of 236 Old 01-29-2012, 09:58 AM

here's my setup followed by a question that has me stumped.

Panasonic TCP60ST30

Bell Expressvu 9242 PVR
Apple TV
Sony PS3

Pioneer VSX1021K wired LAN

Harmony 880 Remote

All components are HDMI to the 1021 with one "out" HDMI to the Panasonic Plasma.

When i power on, everything comes on as it should, but the 1021 powers back off within a few seconds. I have tried changing the power on delay settings with the Harmony software. I have changed them higher to 6000 mms and lower to 500 mms. The default setting is 1500mms. I have also changed the repeat numbers as well.

Once i use the "help" button on the remote, the 1021 powers on and switches to the proper input and works/sounds wonderfully.

Can anyone suggest another setting i should try to change to get it to power on and stay on with the Harmony 880?

Any help is much appreciated, love this forum.

Cheers
post #235 of 236 Old 01-30-2012, 06:45 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by tungngroove2000 View Post

here's my setup followed by a question that has me stumped.

Panasonic TCP60ST30

Bell Expressvu 9242 PVR
Apple TV
Sony PS3

Pioneer VSX1021K wired LAN

Harmony 880 Remote

All components are HDMI to the 1021 with one "out" HDMI to the Panasonic Plasma.

When i power on, everything comes on as it should, but the 1021 powers back off within a few seconds. I have tried changing the power on delay settings with the Harmony software. I have changed them higher to 6000 mms and lower to 500 mms. The default setting is 1500mms. I have also changed the repeat numbers as well.

Once i use the "help" button on the remote, the 1021 powers on and switches to the proper input and works/sounds wonderfully.

Can anyone suggest another setting i should try to change to get it to power on and stay on with the Harmony 880?

Any help is much appreciated, love this forum.

Cheers

You likely have Viera Link HDMI control turned on in the TV settings (TV not remote). Turn it off and let the Harmony control power on and off of all your devices.
post #236 of 236 Old 01-30-2012, 04:38 PM

wow. thanks so much, that seems to have fixed it...good thing i shave my head cuz i was pulling out my hair trying to figure this out. much appreciated.
Reply Remote Control Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page