Harmony Slow Response? Read here! - Page 9 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #241 of 241 Old 09-01-2015, 12:05 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Originally Posted by jcalabria View Post
In my experience, inter-key delay makes a bigger difference in the sluggishness because it extends the period between commands being sent, including (I believe) between the repeats. The default inter-key delay of 500ms in most devices is extraordinarily high. I automatically change inter-key to 0 and repeats to 2 as a default for all devices I add to my setups and only adjust if something doesn't work properly (rare). I have not had any responsiveness issues with this strategy and only rarely have operational issues that require additional adjustments. I've never had to raise the repeats back up to three... occasionally still need to drop the repeats to 1 when a command registers too many times on a device (most often seen as skipping over items when negotiating a menu or guide). A very few devices have required the inter-key to be raised to 100ms, but nothing any higher.
Thanks for the info. I already have my inter-key delay to 0. I don't mind whatever the inter-device delays are, it's set for 500ms. My TV's power on delay is 10000ms, that's how long it takes until the TV will respond to an input change.

It was just the lag of using the remote with my DirecTV receiver that was annoying. Multiple button presses would stack up in a que. Meanwhile the que would slowly empty while each key press took 1 second or so. One of these days I need to set up my IR repeater and put the outputs right over each device. Then maybe I'll put the repeat to 0.
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Reply Remote Control Area