Earlier I posted that I had input problems (never going to the correct one). I just discovered why and seems to work now. I had relabelled my "HDMI 1" to "HDMI-Cable", and even though I selected the correct label in set-up, the remote (somewhere deep in the software), read the word "...Cable" and thought it was a TV input with a channel associated with it, "3" in my case. So everytime an activity was started it switched from HDMI to channel 3. I relabelled the input back to "HDMI 1", and it ignores (or cycled through) the TV input, and lands on the correct one now!
I also downloaded current software to my computer (I was using their on-line site), and started using the software off my computer and works faster, with fewer waits for software downloads. All options seem identical (other than new graphics probably from the upgrade).
I have it doing everything I want it to, just be nice to have more control on arranging items on the screen (like activity icons, and device order). Also be nice if the Slideshow feature had some resolution to it. I have it cycle through 8 shots of my grand-daughter when I set it in the cradle... you can tell who it is, but that's about it.