post #91 of 6298 Old 04-12-2006, 11:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by dichtegs View Post

Love my new 880. I have it set to turn on all my devices with a single button press, but I would then like it to autimatically default to the screen with my favorite channels, rather than the other, less used TV options that appear (apsect ratino, etc). Is there a way to do this? Thanks so much.

- There isn't any way that I know of to do this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 6298 Old 04-12-2006, 12:02 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a 659, but I'm having problems getting the TV to turn on with the Activity buttons. I have gone through the troubleshoot and talked with their support but the problem still persists. The TV is a Pioneer HD533, new from about four years ago. Does anyone have any suggestions for me? I've tried tweaking the delay settings but to no avail. I'm not sure what else to do. Thanks.
post #93 of 6298 Old 04-12-2006, 12:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by avguy78 View Post

I have a 659, but I'm having problems getting the TV to turn on with the Activity buttons... Does anyone have any suggestions for me? I've tried tweaking the delay settings but to no avail. I'm not sure what else to do.

- Have you tried changing the number of repeats? Can you also post exactly what you are using for your delays?
post #94 of 6298 Old 04-12-2006, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokerblue View Post

- Have you tried changing the number of repeats? Can you also post exactly what you are using for your delays?

How do you change the number of repeats, and what is that?

My delay settings are:

Power On Delay: (I've tried 10000ms(default) and 500ms)

Inter-key Delay: 100ms

Input Delay: 1000ms

Inter-Device Delay: (I've tried 500ms - 3000ms, but no luck)
post #95 of 6298 Old 04-12-2006, 04:29 PM
AVS Special Member

The sticky thread about "Harmony Response" has information on how to do it. Some TVs need a certain number of repeats for their Power On commands.

You should also try setting your TV delays to default and see if you can turn on/off your set in the Device mode.
post #96 of 6298 Old 04-12-2006, 05:20 PM
Advanced Member

The power-on delay is invoked AFTER the power command is sent, so it won't be that.

I would try re-learning the power command from your original remote, but do it in RAW mode and hold the power button down a bit longer when you are learning it.
post #97 of 6298 Old 04-12-2006, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lensterman View Post

I purchased an 880 from Costco around March 21. The remote sometimes will appear to reset when I press a keypad key? It does not matter if I press a guide key or a numeric key? Somehow when it happens the screen will go blank, then testing is display then the remote starts over again?
Has anyone else had this problem?
I am going to call tech support at 9.

Lenny

Did you by chance read post # 80 which is just 5 above your post?
post #98 of 6298 Old 04-13-2006, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvgillow View Post

The 880 that I bought for my dad at Christmas time had an awful screen that actually looked a little worse than that. I took it back to the store and exchanged it for another unit which had a perfect screen. I guess they had a bad batch or something.

Yep, I just got my replacement through today. It's not perfect but it's a lot better. Kudos to Amazon for sending out a replacement straight away (with 2 day shipping) FoC, and just asking me to send one of them back within 30 days.

~Ky

~Ky
post #99 of 6298 Old 04-14-2006, 01:06 PM

Mallu2u. After scanning this thread, I didn't see an answer to your original question - has anyone got the 880 working with Dish Network DVR. YES and YES

880 working with the 508 and Vip622 DVRs.

I've heard from others that 5xx series work pretty much to same as others. You might want to try a 508, 501 as your model number...

One other gotcha, did you change the remote ID code? The Harmony may not work until it's set back to ID1.. Happened to me.

Hope this help, Steve
post #100 of 6298 Old 04-14-2006, 03:16 PM

I have problems using my channel favorites with the harmony. I need to use long 003501 type of codes to pick my local hd channel on my dish network receiver. The harmony doesn't send the leading zeros and i then end up with channel 350.
post #101 of 6298 Old 04-16-2006, 07:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I finally got time to set it up, do i like it...No, too confusing,to me not worth all the hassles, going back to dell tommorow.
post #102 of 6298 Old 04-16-2006, 10:00 AM

I searched this thread for Escient Fireball and didn't get any hits. Has anyone used an 880 for a Fireball?
post #103 of 6298 Old 04-16-2006, 10:54 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I was wondering if anyone has used this remote with a Cablevision DVR Cable box?
post #104 of 6298 Old 04-16-2006, 04:17 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevepas9 View Post

Mallu2u. After scanning this thread, I didn't see an answer to your original question - has anyone got the 880 working with Dish Network DVR. YES and YES

880 working with the 508 and Vip622 DVRs.

I've heard from others that 5xx series work pretty much to same as others. You might want to try a 508, 501 as your model number...

One other gotcha, did you change the remote ID code? The Harmony may not work until it's set back to ID1.. Happened to me.

Hope this help, Steve

Steve: Thanks for the reply. Did you try the remote with TV1 or Tv2? See after research I found out that harmony 880 shall NOT work with TV2 since Dish TV2 remot e is based on UHF and 880 cannot send UHF. Therefore I need to install a RF extender. TV1 works fine in my home as well since that is IR based. Apologize if I was not clear. Try 880 on TV2 and report back please.
post #105 of 6298 Old 04-17-2006, 08:29 AM
Advanced Member

I just received my Dell Harmony 880. Unfortunately, it is defective. Pressing certain buttons, mostly the 1, 4, 7, and + buttons, all on the left side, don't yield an ir signal (evident from the ir flashing indicator not flashing on the remote) unless you press them very hard.

I don't know where to return it to, Dell or Logitech.

Who would get me a remote back faster, i.e., i wouldn't have to first return and then wait for my new one.

If Dell would first send me a new one back, and then I could return one to them, that would be my preferred method.

No since getting a refurb from Logitech right out of the gate.
post #106 of 6298 Old 04-17-2006, 08:51 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by acribb View Post

I just received my Dell Harmony 880. Unfortunately, it is defective. Pressing certain buttons, mostly the 1, 4, 7, and + buttons, all on the left side, don't yield an ir signal (evident from the ir flashing indicator not flashing on the remote) unless you press them very hard.

Who would get me a remote back faster, i.e., i wouldn't have to first return and then wait for my new one.

If Dell would first send me a new one back, and then I could return one to them, that would be my preferred method.

Nevermind - I finally got a hold of the right department at Dell after numerous shuffling between different department CSRs. They are going to send me out a new one 2 day and then I can return the defective one in that box. Way to go Dell.
post #107 of 6298 Old 04-17-2006, 12:21 PM

Quote:

I would try Dell first. They'll probably get you a new one right away. Logitech may need to spend some time with warrenty procedures. You should be covered with a return policy from dell. I don't know if they cross-ship.... they do with computer equipment, so you could probably get them to do it with the remote. Be aware that they'll charge you for a second 880 until they get the first one back.
post #108 of 6298 Old 04-19-2006, 02:10 PM

The only complaint I have with this remote is that I can't go from a device screen to an activity screen without activating that activity. Let me explain.

I like the way the programable buttons can map to any active device in an activity screen. Being able to change my TV's picture mode from the Watch DVD screen is very convenient. But there are times I need to go to a device not involved with the current activity, like to program a recording for my DVR. To do this I use the Device key and select DVR, then do my thing. Now I'd like to go back to the Watch DVD screen, but the only way I know to do that is to use the Watch DVD activity, which would turn all the Watch DVD devices off! So instead I go the the DVD device screen, and loose all ability to control other active devices from the programable buttons.

Is there some way to jump back to the activity screen? Or do I have to do something more radical, like use all discrete power on/off codes for each device (not sure they are available for all devices) so that I can run the activity start without having everything turn off?

Thanks,

HDD
post #109 of 6298 Old 04-19-2006, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardDrive View Post

The only complaint I have with this remote is that I can't go from a device screen to an activity screen without activating that activity. Let me explain.

I like the way the programable buttons can map to any active device in an activity screen. Being able to change my TV's picture mode from the Watch DVD screen is very convenient. But there are times I need to go to a device not involved with the current activity, like to program a recording for my DVR. To do this I use the Device key and select DVR, then do my thing. Now I'd like to go back to the Watch DVD screen, but the only way I know to do that is to use the Watch DVD activity, which would turn all the Watch DVD devices off! So instead I go the the DVD device screen, and loose all ability to control other active devices from the programable buttons.

Is there some way to jump back to the activity screen? Or do I have to do something more radical, like use all discrete power on/off codes for each device (not sure they are available for all devices) so that I can run the activity start without having everything turn off?

Thanks,

HDD

HardDrive,

I believe that if you press the "Activities" button twice that it will return you to the Activity that you were in when you went to the Device menu.
post #110 of 6298 Old 04-19-2006, 05:58 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardDrive View Post

Thanks,

HDD

Just press the "Device" button twice.
post #111 of 6298 Old 04-19-2006, 08:04 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by czzer View Post

This will work, but the way he was doing it should also work. Pressing the activity you were previously in should not turn anything off.
post #112 of 6298 Old 04-19-2006, 10:58 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Nevermind - I finally got a hold of the right department at Dell after numerous shuffling between different department CSRs. They are going to send me out a new one 2 day and then I can return the defective one in that box. Way to go Dell.

Just got the replacement from Dell. The screen on this remote is VERY washed out looking, very much on the top area and the right area. A completely 'whiter' screen than the first remote I just returned that had buttons that physically wouldn't work correctly. I must have the worst luck. What now? My third remote from Dell? What a pain......
post #113 of 6298 Old 04-20-2006, 01:03 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 13
i just bought a used jvc g1000 projector that doesn't have a remote with it. rather than buying a remote for the projecter (approx $45) i thought perhaps i should just get a nice universal and throw a few remotes i have now in the drawer. so, my question is, will the 880 handle my g1000 right out of the box since i wont have a remote to use for learning functions

thanks.

God Bless America
Guy
post #114 of 6298 Old 04-20-2006, 01:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noremacyug View Post

i just bought a used jvc g1000 projector that doesn't have a remote with it. rather than buying a remote for the projecter (approx $45) i thought perhaps i should just get a nice universal and throw a few remotes i have now in the drawer. so, my question is, will the 880 handle my g1000 right out of the box since i wont have a remote to use for learning functions

thanks.

I just had a look and it appears to be in the Harmony remote database. Can't say how well it works though.

~Ky

~Ky
post #115 of 6298 Old 04-20-2006, 08:13 AM
DHT

Thought I would post this just in case someone else has this problem. I just got my 880 and after charging I tried to do the initial setup last night. The remote came with software version 4.4 and I was using Windows XP for the setup. I was having a lot of problems trying to get the remote to communicate with the website after I installed the software on my computer. Finally, it did communicate and I tried to load the settings into the remote. I would then get a pop up box saying that the binary file was the wrong size and the remote would never load up. After that I couldn't get the remote and the website to communicate any more. Anti virus and firewalls were disabled so that wasn't the problem. Tried several things and even reloaded the software on my computer but the same problems kept occuring. Finally I called tech support and went through several steps with the tier 1 tech with no luck. He transferred me on to tier 2 support and the girl knew of this connectivity problem. Some people seem to have this issue with the 4.4 software. She said that version 5.2 software fixes these issues. She e-mailed me the 5.2 software and I loaded it into my computer. The communication issues were resolved and I was able to load my settings into the remote. Now all I have to do is tweak the settings to my liking.
Life is good.
post #116 of 6298 Old 04-20-2006, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fondoo View Post

HardDrive,

I believe that if you press the "Activities" button twice that it will return you to the Activity that you were in when you went to the Device menu.

Thanks, I did not know about this feature. I'll try it tonight!

HDD
post #117 of 6298 Old 04-20-2006, 10:14 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

DHT:

Can u please PM me where I can get v5.2 software? Would really appreciate it. Thanks
post #118 of 6298 Old 04-21-2006, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fondoo View Post

HardDrive,

Also:

Quote:
Originally Posted by czzer View Post

I verified that both of these work. Thanks guys, very good to know about both.

HDD
post #119 of 6298 Old 04-21-2006, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKaliki View Post

Hey guys,

I was wondering if there was a way to not turn on a device when I'm using an activity. For example when I'm watching TV and then I feel like watching a DVD I usually get up to open the tray to put a DVD in before I switch to the DVD activity. Now when I switch to the "watch a DVD" activity the remote turns off my DVD player. I know I could circumvent this problem by switching to "watch a DVD" first before I put in a DVD but I often forget to do this. So I would like to not have the remote attempt to turn on the DVD player and in effec turn off the DVD player when I use the "watch a DVD" activity. Is there any way to do this?

Thanks

I've actually got a better (IMO) solution for you. It's what I use and it seems to work well. I set up an additional activity using the standard Watch a DVD setup that I called Play DVD Just Loaded. Then I added the following commands...1) A 2 second delay (without it, my DVD player was not getting the 2nd command) 2) Power Toggle to the DVD player (since it was turned off by the normal command) 3) Play to the DVD player. What's interesting but nice is that you'd think the Harmony would properly log all of power commands to the DVD player but it doesn't. So, it still thinks the DVD player is on and will thus still turn it off when you change activities.
post #120 of 6298 Old 04-21-2006, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by avguy78 View Post

How do you change the number of repeats, and what is that?

My delay settings are:

Power On Delay: (I've tried 10000ms(default) and 500ms)

Inter-key Delay: 100ms

Input Delay: 1000ms

Inter-Device Delay: (I've tried 500ms - 3000ms, but no luck)

I'd bet any money your problem is the number of repeats...I had the exact same issue where the activity button wouldn't turn on my receiver but the power button under the Receiver's Device menu would work. Anyways, here's how you do it (from the Logitech site) except that you should increase the number of repeats...
When I press the Volume or Direction buttons, they move by two or three steps. How do I ensure that they only move by one step?

-Click on More Options beside the appropriate Device on your Harmony home page.
-Select Troubleshoot.
-Select Show me more problems.
-Then choose My Device doesn't appear to receive every command correctly.
-Choose My Device responds too much to some commands. For example, volume up increases the volume too quickly.
-Change the number of repeats to 1. The default is 3. Lower the number if the commands are repeating unnecessarily. Raise the number if the device does not respond to the commands.
-Click Save.
-Update your Harmony Remote.
Reply Remote Control Area

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page