post #181 of 199 Old 06-25-2012, 07:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muse View Post

Thanks T-Bone for that link (still good!). Just downloaded it. I have a few installation files around 6MB, the latest version from late 2004. Do you know when this 11MB version was released? I'm not confident that URC would honor my purchase, I bought mine off ebay from a guy whose handle is audiovideoman, paid $170 including $12 shipping. I can just install this 11MB version and I'll be OK? Of course, I'll back everything up first! I'll be able to download codes and stuff? I haven't done that in ages, but I got a new projector and will be buying a new BD player, it would be nice to have some preprogrammed stuff, although I suppose I can create what I need using learning and brainstorming macros. I do love my MX-700.

Sorry, getting to your post late. I cannot recall when I downloaded it. I bought my MX-700 late 2004 from newegg, and they vouched for me at URC so that I could get access to the up-datable software - sometime in 2005/2006 I think. Just install it. It has everything you need. Do a Live Update as soon as its installed.

-T
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 199 Old 11-24-2012, 05:03 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I know that this is an ancient thread, but it appears that this software is no longer supported by URC. Instead it has been supplanted by something called the 'Complete Control Suite', which is supposed to be able to program all products. However the popup states that it is on a 'password protected, dealer only website'. Does anyone know where a copy might be available for end users? I've had my MX700 for years now and don't relish the idea of having to replace it just because the codes aren't available for newer hardware.
post #183 of 199 Old 11-25-2012, 07:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Why not just use the learning functionality? I've never gotten much mileage out of downloading codes or other people's control sets. If you have the original remote for a device, learn all the codes into your MX-700, then write a few macros. That's what I've done for the most part. I have no reason to abandon my MX-700. The other day, however, I discovered that one of my devices is not recognizing the commands from my MX-700, don't know what's up with that.
post #184 of 199 Old 12-02-2012, 10:49 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 20
What you need if you want a current database is an updateable version of the mx-700, mx-800, mx-850 Editor or the CCS(Complete Control Suite), The CCS is just a wrapper for a bunch of the original editors.

If you can't get a hold of one of those, a good option is the NX-RM820 editor. It is widely available for download and is the same thing. The IR database is a little out of date(2008-ish) but honestly, most manufacturers don't change their codes very often and you can always learn them from the original remote or use the universal browser to bring in the hex codes if you need discretes not available elsewhere.
post #185 of 199 Old 12-03-2012, 09:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Do most of you people use your MX-700 with rechargables? I always have and am getting really long life using Eneloops, however the button illumination even in a very dark room isn't great unless the batteries are freshly charged.
post #186 of 199 Old 12-03-2012, 09:46 AM

I didn't see the tail end of this thread before i posted a new topic. But I can tell you the RM820 does work and has more codes than the other editors I found on the web. I just wish i could get the current control suite. My dad had this thing setup with the same equipment for about 8 years or so, and never needed to change it. So the software he had is older than not and not update-able either apparently. but the MX editor still doesn't list blue-ray devices. Or my Sony NSZ-GT1 Google TV device. But it is a start. Hopefully URC will come through for me and give the software.

Thanks

Woody
post #187 of 199 Old 12-03-2012, 03:27 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcoanstic View Post

URC will come through for me and give the software.

Thanks

Woody

I'm not trying to burst you bubble of hope. But due their past dealings with such with requests from people, it's highly unlikely that they will.
post #188 of 199 Old 01-23-2013, 05:28 PM
AVS Special Member

The radiphare link expired. I placed the file in my Google Docs (AKA Drive) account. As of this moment, the 11 MB file is uploading over a 400 kbit upload connection. Link to folder is here:
- https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0B6aa_MMwGD0FSVE5VVNnaEdrZWs/edit

-T
post #189 of 199 Old 02-03-2013, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post

The radiphare link expired. I placed the file in my Google Docs (AKA Drive) account. As of this moment, the 11 MB file is uploading over a 400 kbit upload connection. Link to folder is here:
- https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0B6aa_MMwGD0FSVE5VVNnaEdrZWs/edit

-T

I love you man!!!
post #190 of 199 Old 02-03-2013, 05:54 PM

I have a harmony one remote (which I love), but I was researching URC remotes for my home theater since their is uncertainty with what will happen with the harmony line. This thread has ensured I won't touch anything from URC.

I can't believe they refuse to let consumers have the updateable software for their higher end remotes.

I'll just pick up another refurbished harmony one.
post #191 of 199 Old 02-04-2013, 01:36 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 23
You can get the updateable software, providing you purchase the remote from a authorized dealer that also provides you with the software. There are several authorized dealers that will do this.
post #192 of 199 Old 02-05-2013, 05:51 AM

Doesn't look like there are any dealers close to me. I wonder if any of them will let you buy over the phone and ship the software with the remote.
post #193 of 199 Old 02-05-2013, 08:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 165
I've heard good things about surfremotecontrol.com.

post #194 of 199 Old 02-05-2013, 09:55 AM

Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by tasburath View Post

I can't believe they refuse to let consumers have the updateable software for their higher end remotes.

I'll just pick up another refurbished harmony one.

There is a learning curve, especially if one has no programming experience, for the CCP software. It would be a disservice to the customer to supply the software under the illusion that everyone would be able to successfully program the remotes. Not to mention the tech support nightmare that would take place. To cover the cost of the additional tech support would require raising the price of the remotes so high that nobody would buy them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnla View Post

You can get the updateable software, providing you purchase the remote from a authorized dealer that also provides you with the software. There are several authorized dealers that will do this.

This is the key. Talk to an authorized dealer and confirm that the CCP software will be included in the purchase. Buy from some place like eBay for 1/2 price and you are out of luck.
post #195 of 199 Old 02-05-2013, 12:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by praz View Post

This is the key. Talk to an authorized dealer and confirm that the CCP software will be included in the purchase. Buy from some place like eBay for 1/2 price and you are out of luck.

If you are buying from some place like eBay (or anywhere online) then the best you can do is have the software in hand before clicking the buy-it-now button.

post #196 of 199 Old 08-26-2013, 07:27 AM

Hello all.

Well, I'm sure Im the 80,000th person to ask this question or ask help on this matter.

I just bought a URC MX-780 remote from Magnolia. I really just wanted a NON-Logitech remote that can simply control my home theater system. However, I and knew this before I took it home, that the remote needs to be programmed with CCP software. And I believe this software is for PC only, and I have a Mac. (no I'm not DLing Parallels or Windows on my Mac)

Is this the ONLY way to do this? Would it be easier for me to return the remote and get something more simple? I need an RF remote becuase my system is in a cabinet that I'd "like" to keep the doors closed on.

I really don't want to pay a tech $100+ to come out to my house to set up the remote.

ANY SUGGESTIONS WELCOME!!!

Thanks guys.

MY GEAR:

-Pioneer Elite SC-61 7.2 Channel Class D3 Amplification AVR*
-Oppo BDP-93 3D Blu ray Player
-Monitor Audio GX50 Piano Ebony Bookshelf Speakers (pair)
-Monitor Audio CT265-IDC Trimless In-Ceiling Speakers (pair)
-Monitor Audio GXW15, 15” C-CAM bass driver 650W D2Audio®* DSP controlled...
post #197 of 199 Old 08-26-2013, 09:04 AM

Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ejs71 View Post

Hello all.

Well, I'm sure Im the 80,000th person to ask this question or ask help on this matter.

I just bought a URC MX-780 remote from Magnolia. I really just wanted a NON-Logitech remote that can simply control my home theater system. However, I and knew this before I took it home, that the remote needs to be programmed with CCP software. And I believe this software is for PC only, and I have a Mac. (no I'm not DLing Parallels or Windows on my Mac)

Is this the ONLY way to do this? Would it be easier for me to return the remote and get something more simple? I need an RF remote becuase my system is in a cabinet that I'd "like" to keep the doors closed on.

I really don't want to pay a tech $100+ to come out to my house to set up the remote.

ANY SUGGESTIONS WELCOME!!!

Thanks guys.

You may find more help in the official MX-780 thread here: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1484731/official-urc-remote-thread-for-mx-780-mx-890-and-mx-1200

But yes the URC software (CCP) only runs on Windows and if you don't want to set up Parallels or Bootcamp then you're going to either have to pay someone to program your device for you or return it and get something else. You can always get a Logitech Harmony if you want something simpler, but in my opinion the Harmony's have much inferior build quality and they are also not capable of nearly as much as your MX-780 can do.
post #198 of 199 Old 08-26-2013, 08:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Are the Harmonies likewise less powerful than my MX-700? I hear about the Harmonies all the time in threads, never see people talking about the MX-700.
post #199 of 199 Old 02-02-2014, 08:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Both are powerful remotes... the MX-700 is superior (actually, most of the URC remotes) because the buttons are large and can pressed in a dark room without taking the eyes off the screen.

-T
Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Remotes And Controllers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page