Scientific Atlanta IR Extender problem - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 01-20-2007, 01:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
The Scidentific Atlanta IR Extender relays signals to my SA8300HD set-top box and to my Yamaha YSP-800 amp/speaker combo. However, it does not relay signals to my Panasonic DVD or Panasonic TV (LC-26TC20). I have tested this with several different remotes, with the same result. I have moved the emitter to many different locations with the same result.

In my particular setup, the IR receiver for each component is clearly visible except for the TV (blocked by the Yamaha--it has to do with WAF regarding the positioning of the TV and the Yamaha). Rather than get an IT to RF extender, I thought the SA IR Extender would be perfect--except that it doesn't seem to transmit Panasonic IR signals.

I know better than to ask Scientific Atlanta--I expect that their answer will be that they know nothing about other manufacturers' equipment. So I'm asking here--can anyone resolve this or at least offer an explanation? Thanks.

--Dean L. Surkin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-21-2007, 03:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Update:

I spoke to Scientific Atlanta tech support, and their answer is that their IR extender isn't made to control other devices.

My question is, why? Doesn't the receiver eye simply transmit the code to the emitter? Anyone have any thoughts on this? Scientific Atlanta has my money, so they're satisfied to do nothing further.

--Dean L. Surkin
Reply Remote Control Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page