My Marantz Remote - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 10 Old 03-09-2007, 09:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi,

I'm new to the AVSforum. Thanks in advance for any advice. My problem is small but serious. I have a Marantz SR4001 A/V receiver. The remote recently stopped working. I pressed the AMP button, which I was told would tune the remote, but nothing happened. I know that batteries aren't an issue because I just got new ones. Please help because I can't really use the unit without the remote.

Thanks a lot
Stefan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 03-10-2007, 05:52 AM
Advanced Member

I'd suggest you look at Harmony remote controls.

Find one in your price range that feels right.

I'd recommend the harmony 670. It'll cost ~$100 online.

This isn't just a remote for your receiver. It'll control ALL of your equipment with the touch of a button
post #3 of 10 Old 03-10-2007, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan Gretch View Post

Hi,

I'm new to the AVSforum. Thanks in advance for any advice. My problem is small but serious. I have a Marantz SR4001 A/V receiver. The remote recently stopped working. I pressed the AMP button, which I was told would tune the remote, but nothing happened. I know that batteries aren't an issue because I just got new ones. Please help because I can't really use the unit without the remote.

Thanks a lot
Stefan

What do you mean by the AMP button will tune the remote. The amp button is to control the receiver. You press amp and then volume or on or off etc. If you want to switch your inputs, you have to double press your source buttons. Meaning if you want to switch to DVD, you press the DVD button twice quickly.
post #4 of 10 Old 03-10-2007, 01:39 PM - Thread Starter

What I meant was that pressing the amp button would select the reciever, kind of like tuning it. Either way, the thing still doesn't work and everyone I talked to just told me to go buy a Harmony. The problem is I don't have any money so isn't there a way to fix the remote I do have?

Thanks, Stefan
post #5 of 10 Old 03-11-2007, 08:05 AM

I still have no idea what you are referring to when you say tune the receiver. Pressing the amp button does nothing but put the remote in the proper mode to control the receiver. You have to press other buttons for it to respond and I am not clear if you are doing that.
post #6 of 10 Old 03-11-2007, 02:09 PM - Thread Starter

Forget that I ever said the word tune. The bottom line is even after I press the amp button, the receiver still doesn't respond to anything.

Thanks, Stefan
post #7 of 10 Old 03-11-2007, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan Gretch View Post

Forget that I ever said the word tune. The bottom line is even after I press the amp button, the receiver still doesn't respond to anything.

Thanks, Stefan

Does the remote respond to anything? Have you tried learning your cable/sat box or your dvd player into the remote? If yes then will the remote control those devices alright? Also, when you press any of the buttons on the remote, do the buttons light up?
post #8 of 10 Old 03-11-2007, 05:01 PM

Quote:

Does the remote respond to anything? Have you tried learning your cable/sat box or your dvd player into the remote? If yes then will the remote control those devices alright? Also, when you press any of the buttons on the remote, do the buttons light up?

After you check the above, if the remote is truly dead, the 4001 is a relatively new receiver, contact your dealer for a new remote under warranty
post #9 of 10 Old 06-22-2013, 03:12 AM

I have the same problem. The amp button stopped working suddenly. I guess it is a feature. I think the button is made to last only the time of warranty. It's business.
post #10 of 10 Old 06-22-2013, 09:49 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan Gretch View Post

Thanks, Stefan

Try this test with the Marantz remote: get a digital camera, and point the remote at the lens. Then press any button/key on the remote, you should "see" the light through the camera. If you do not see any light emitted, then the rmote is truly not functioning.

Have you tried another remote with the receiver, say a cable (universal) remote to see if the receiver responds?

Sometimes I have to remind myself that I bought all this "stuff" to enjoy it!
Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Marantz Sr 4001 Home Theater Receiver , Logitech Harmony 670 Universal Remote

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page