Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 165 Old 05-30-2009, 04:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by sahlomonic View Post

Would someone please PM or email me the Complete Control Suite for my MX-3000 please?

the 3000 software is on the website http://www.universalremote.com/pro/registration.php why does it keep comming up Complete control is not a consumer suite

from URC website

Quote:

Consumers and End-Users Seeking Software
Please contact your place of purchase to obtain programming support, software and manuals. If your dealer is unable to help you, you may download the appropriate programming software here. Note: that you will be required to register your serial number and place of purchase.

This will not inculde the latest remotes as it is CI only and they will not supply it. Contact your dealers,

“Consider the daffodil. And while you're doing that, I'll be over here, looking through your stuff.”
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 165 Old 05-31-2009, 06:51 AM

1) I bought my MX-3000 used via eBay

2) I do not have the current codes I need for my components and I want the Live Update option that you can only get with the CCS. The consumer software is out of date and URC does not update them.
post #63 of 165 Old 06-01-2009, 10:09 AM

Quote:

1) I bought my MX-3000 used via eBay

2) I do not have the current codes I need for my components and I want the Live Update option that you can only get with the CCS. The consumer software is out of date and URC does not update them.

1. Caveat emptor

2. Exactly what code/s are you missing? And yes they do update the software just not as soon as a new product is released

I will also add the many manufactures provide remote codes for their gear which could be imported into the universal browswer

“Consider the daffodil. And while you're doing that, I'll be over here, looking through your stuff.”
post #64 of 165 Old 06-01-2009, 01:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

A few clarifications:

The CCS (Complete Control Suite) is an old program that was nothing more than a launcher for the individual editor programs. The CCP (Complete Control Program) is a completely new program that will eventually incorporate all of the current remotes. It does not currently include the MX-3000, so it would be useless to you.

The MX-3000 programming software can be downloaded from URC's website as linked above. While it is not updateable, it has most of the current codes in it. If you have a device that's brand new, it won't be in the updateable version yet anyway.

Finally, manufacturers seldom change their codes, so using the previous year's model works about 99% of the time.

Enjoy!

Mike
Surf Remote Control
Contributing reviewer and THX calibrator, ProjectorReviews.com
post #65 of 165 Old 06-02-2009, 03:52 PM

Caveat emptor (buyer beware)? My MX-3000 works well; just having coding issues. I did locate the CCS program I got last year from a buddy who is a custom installer, so now I am able to have the MX-3000 software that is updatable. Found it on a laptop I assumed I formatted. Lucked out on this one!
post #66 of 165 Old 06-07-2009, 05:26 PM
KWP

OK, I bought my MX3000 off eBay 3 years ago. I've forgotten who I bought it from. I programmed it myself.

My O/S is 4.20.003.003N2 dated Oct 28, 2005
Firmware is 2.23.5.60627

I've forgotten how to do live update, have upgraded to a comuter with Vista and honestly, can't find the box that remote came in.

Can anyone tell me if I have the last firmware and O/S (unlikely that I do)?

This is why I'd like the software.

Thanks.

KP
post #67 of 165 Old 06-10-2009, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWP View Post

OK, I bought my MX3000 off eBay 3 years ago. I've forgotten who I bought it from. I programmed it myself.

My O/S is 4.20.003.003N2 dated Oct 28, 2005
Firmware is 2.23.5.60627

I've forgotten how to do live update, have upgraded to a comuter with Vista and honestly, can't find the box that remote came in.

Can anyone tell me if I have the last firmware and O/S (unlikely that I do)?

This is why I'd like the software.

Thanks.

Hello All,

I am currently wondering the same thing since I just bought a mx-3000 and msc-400. I also need to get a copy of CCS to program both.

Thanks
post #68 of 165 Old 07-16-2009, 07:24 PM

Liked: 13
ignore

Edgar
post #69 of 165 Old 07-17-2009, 02:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
I recently successfully registered on the URC site and downloaded the latest software for the MX-3000 and of course it is not updateable. Anyone know if any of the codes would work for the Onkyo Pr-SC886 prepro? I didn't see any for that or its predecessor as well as the Integra 9.8 or 9.9.

Or if someone could direct me to a live updateable version, that would be welcome also. My MX-3000 was purchased through an authorized dealer (BlueDo) but they have been completely unresponsive to my requests.
post #70 of 165 Old 08-23-2009, 11:52 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
If anyone has an update able version of the software could you please pm me? I would be very, very apprecative.

thanks

Jim Parys

is Living the dream...

La Sirena III Theater

JVC DILA-RS95

Panamorph UH-480/ATH1 Anamorphic Lens

Stewart Ultramat 200, 120", 2.0 Gain, 16x9 Aspec Screen (Motorized)

SI Black Diamond Zero Edge G2, 144", 1.4 Gain, 2:35 Aspec)

Yamaha...

post #71 of 165 Old 08-29-2009, 01:26 PM
Advanced Member

Why won't you people just learn your codes....?

There is no need for the updateable SW.
post #72 of 165 Old 09-28-2009, 02:28 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 121
What is the difference between the software a consumer gets from their website and what a Installer gets? Just the live update?
Quote:

You just want the live updateable software, b/c URC says you cannot have it. It is artificial demand and it clearly works. I cannot think of a remote I have setup where the live update would have been an issue.

This live update is not needed??

Abundant OTA television is what makes this country different from all others. Lets keep it this way.
The Internet is no place for streaming video.
post #73 of 165 Old 09-28-2009, 03:15 PM
Advanced Member

no
post #74 of 165 Old 09-28-2009, 03:20 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 121
No to the first, second or third question?

Abundant OTA television is what makes this country different from all others. Lets keep it this way.
The Internet is no place for streaming video.
post #75 of 165 Old 09-28-2009, 03:31 PM
Advanced Member

You knew the answer to the first, according to the second.

My reply was to the third.
post #76 of 165 Old 10-09-2009, 02:12 PM

N/M, got the right files I believe. CCS, though it seems nothing new in there anyway
post #77 of 165 Old 10-28-2009, 11:33 AM

I bought this remote from Magnolia a couple years ago and pretty much got everything working, I've got the original CD but it doesn't update. I really need the latest codes now because I go the brand new Samsung UN55b8000 and It won't learn from this remote, I thought the remote was RF and IR?? There are a few buttons missing and not working correctly from the older samsung codes I'm using. Can anyone help me out with this?
THX
post #78 of 165 Old 10-29-2009, 05:29 AM

What codes do you need for the Samsung that are not working? The codes should be the same as all others but there are some additional codes, like Content, Internet, etc.

Vincent

Total Control Remotes
www.totalcontrolremotes.com
post #79 of 165 Old 10-31-2009, 09:02 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokinghot View Post

Why won't you people just learn your codes....?

There is no need for the updateable SW.

This isn't totally true.........at least for the MX-3000. Trigger flags didn't exist and were added after the MSC-400 was introduced and the HEX editor was an addition thru updates.

Having said that URC's policy is what it is.

The best solution for DIY's is still to buy from and authorized dealer who will include the updateable software.

Regards,
John

Regards,
John
post #80 of 165 Old 11-03-2009, 08:43 AM

I am an authorized dealer and always let people know that URC not only makes IR codes available through live updates but software enhancements as well as bug fixes. it is in your best interest to update the software in order to maximize the potential of the programming software. However, for the purposes of IR codes there are many resrouces on the web as well as learning capability which your paying for anyway and might as well use. URC spends a lot of money and time in developing their IR database - why should they provide to everyone who buys a remote from a non-dealer on Ebay or the like?

Total Control Remotes
www.totalcontrolremotes.com
post #81 of 165 Old 11-08-2009, 05:09 PM

I bought mine from Tweeter. I was never able to get access to the updatable software and am quite sure that I'm way behind on the firmware. Anyone have any advice?
post #82 of 165 Old 12-29-2009, 09:19 PM

Its a pleasure to become a member of this site. I am planning to buy an MX 3000 used from a private seller and after reading a few post, now I'm thinking twice before I buy this remote. Can any of you help me get the upgradeable software so I will be able to update the remote once I get it. Thanks for your help.
post #83 of 165 Old 01-14-2010, 12:50 PM

I just downloaded the editor and it has some functional issues...very difficult to see the full model...will an update to the mx 3000 editor resolve this issue...if so can anyone provide it...thanks in advance
post #84 of 165 Old 01-15-2010, 03:57 AM
Advanced Member

i don't get why people aren't just seeking out an authorised dealer that's happy to include CCP, problem solved.
Or even a 2nd-hand remote that was bought from an authorised dealer, like I'm doing.
post #85 of 165 Old 03-02-2010, 05:08 PM

Hello everyone, I've read through this forum since 2006 and love the information I have gotten thus far. So I decided to finally take the plunge and register =)

This thread specifically caught my eye because I recently purchased a URC MX3000 remote from Amazon, however found out too late that the programming software is not included with the remote =/ I suppose it is befitting that as a "newb" to this forum I ask a very newbish question; Is there any way anyone could send me the link for the programming software?

I have read through the thread in its entirety, and have contacted URC but to no avail. I tried contacting my local Best Buy, but they want to charge me $300 just to setup my remote! I only want the software to program the remote, no updates or anything like that. I have a beautiful home theater system I have been building since Oct. 2005, and this was to be one of the last pieces but I cannot even program the darn thing. Any help would be greatly appreciated, and props to this forum!
post #86 of 165 Old 03-05-2010, 07:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnolia1038 View Post

Hello everyone, I've read through this forum since 2006 and love the information I have gotten thus far. So I decided to finally take the plunge and register =)

This thread specifically caught my eye because I recently purchased a URC MX3000 remote from Amazon, however found out too late that the programming software is not included with the remote =/ I suppose it is befitting that as a "newb" to this forum I ask a very newbish question; Is there any way anyone could send me the link for the programming software?

I have read through the thread in its entirety, and have contacted URC but to no avail. I tried contacting my local Best Buy, but they want to charge me $300 just to setup my remote! I only want the software to program the remote, no updates or anything like that. I have a beautiful home theater system I have been building since Oct. 2005, and this was to be one of the last pieces but I cannot even program the darn thing. Any help would be greatly appreciated, and props to this forum!

At least until recently one could simply download the editing software from the URC website. AFAIK, the only real difference compared to the CI version was that it was not upgradeable, meaning one would not have had access to the latest codes. IMHO, not that much of an issue as one could simply learn the missing codes from the stock remotes in most cases.
____
Axel

post #87 of 165 Old 03-27-2010, 05:21 AM

Can anyone recommend a good high end dealer in the SW FL market. Fort Myers area. We are having some issue with the installer that our builder recommended. They have made a number of mistakes along the way ranging from improper pre-planning to inability to properly program our MX-3000's.

I am looking to get the Software to program and fix a number of the things that do not properly work right now on the remote but we may consider just returning the remotes to the dealer and hiring on someone else to do the remotes/programming and some other work.
post #88 of 165 Old 04-01-2010, 08:52 AM

Eveything has been running fine on my MX-3000 for 5 years until I needed to add a new device, when I discovered that the MX Editor was on my old computer, and exists no more.

Anybody that can help out here would be greatly appreciated. Espcially by my Wife, who originally thought this was an expensive toy, but now couldn't live without it or the TiVo.

TIA
post #89 of 165 Old 04-17-2010, 07:09 AM

Could someone here do me the usual big favour. Ive had this remote for 4 years and love it and do have it programmed, but I would really love the autoupdate software just so I have everything upto dat. It would be greatly appreciated

cheers
Ray my email is rdundas@gmx.co.uk
post #90 of 165 Old 04-18-2010, 08:23 PM

Can someone PM me the latest update?

Also, my charging cradle is dying. Where can I buy a new one?
Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Universal Remote Complete Control Mx 3000 Ir Rf Color Touch Screen Remote Control

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page