Need remote code - Comcast DVR remote / Harman Kardon - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 39 Old 04-26-2007, 09:52 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi -

I am trying to make a Comcast DVR remote control work with my Harman Kardon AVR 435 receiver. The 4-digit codes listed in the Comcast remote user guide do not work.

Anybody using such a combination?

Any ideas on where to find the answer?

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 39 Old 04-26-2007, 02:32 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Is this the remote you are referring to?

If it is, I realize you already mentioned that the setup codes in the guide do not work, but did you try AUX/0110? HK tends to be fairly consistant with the ir codes so their codes work on a lot of their receivers. Did you try all the keys? Does the receiver not respond at all, some keys work, or the commands are assigned to wrong keys (there is a way to reassign or add new commands)? Did you check to see if the volume or channel lock is off, if you were testing the volume or the number keys?
post #3 of 39 Old 04-27-2007, 07:00 AM - Thread Starter

Yes, that is the remote...

In my initial testing with the codes, I was looking to see if the remote could turn OFF the HK unit. Using 0110 did not turn off the unit, so I moved on thinking it was the wrong code.

Reacting to your post, I tried one more time! As it turns out, 0110 largely works. However, it does not turn OFF the unit. It does turn the unit on and control the channels/volume. It does not really enable channel control (regardless of cable/tv/aux mode) to always be handled by the cable box. It does not really enable volume control (regardless of mode) to be always handled by the HK unit. However, it did get it working to a point that it is quite usable - just have to press AUX or Cable at the appropriate time.

Thanks for giving me the nudge to try again.
post #4 of 39 Old 04-27-2007, 10:21 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomkirk23 View Post

As it turns out, 0110 largely works. However, it does not turn OFF the unit. It does turn the unit on and control the channels/volume. It does not really enable channel control (regardless of cable/tv/aux mode) to always be handled by the cable box. It does not really enable volume control (regardless of mode) to be always handled by the HK unit. However, it did get it working to a point that it is quite usable - just have to press AUX or Cable at the appropriate time.

You can fix all of that.

To add Power Off to Shift-Power button (accessed by pressing and release SETUP and then pressing POWER)
1. Press and release AUX
2. Press and hold SETUP until the remote blinks twice
3. Type 994
4. Press and release SETUP
5. Type 00002
6. Press and release SETUP
7. Press and release POWER
The remote should blink twice to confirm
Now, POWER will turn on and pressing SETUP, releasing and then POWER will turn off the receiver. If you don't want to put the power off on shifted key, pick another key and leave out step 6 and press the key you want for step 7.

To use AUX for volume control in all modes
1. Press and hold SETUP until the remote blinks twice
2. Type 993
3. Press and release AUX
Now the receiver should control the volume in TV and CABLE mode.

To set the AUX channel to use CABLE channel keys, you can use the Keymove function to add functions from CABLE to AUX keys (this is not documented in the instruction for the remote).
2. Type 994
3. Press and release CABLE
4. Press and release CH+
5. Press and release AUX
6. Press and release CH+

Do the same for CH-. You may not want to do this, however. This will remove the Tuner+ and Tuner- function on your receiver, since you are overlaying the new function from the CABLE on to those keys. You will be in TV or CABLE mode when you are watching TV and it will still control the volume from the receiver (from the Volume Lock steps above), which is probably all you need from the receiver. If you don't do this procedure, you can still go to AUX mode to control the receiver and have the Tuner+ and Tuner- functions.

BTW, in case you haven't found it, the number keys in AUX mode will control the receivers input selections. There are a couple of other basic functions you can add to the AUX mode by using a similar procedure as adding the power off function if you are interested (I would need to give you the code to enter), but most other functions for the receiver can't be added to that remote without using slightly more complicated means.
post #5 of 39 Old 09-09-2007, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kupakai View Post

You can fix all of that.

To add Power Off to Shift-Power button (accessed by pressing and release SETUP and then pressing POWER)
1. Press and release AUX
3. Type 994
5. Type 00002
Now, POWER will turn on and pressing SETUP, releasing and then POWER will turn off the receiver. If you don't want to put the power off on shifted key, pick another key and leave out step 6 and press the key you want for step 7.

2. Type 993
3. Press and release AUX

To set the AUX channel to use CABLE channel keys, you can use the Keymove function to add functions from CABLE to AUX keys (this is not documented in the instruction for the remote).
2. Type 994
4. Press and release CH+
5. Press and release AUX
6. Press and release CH+

Do the same for CH-. You may not want to do this, however. This will remove the Tuner+ and Tuner- function on your receiver, since you are overlaying the new function from the CABLE on to those keys. You will be in TV or CABLE mode when you are watching TV and it will still control the volume from the receiver (from the Volume Lock steps above), which is probably all you need from the receiver. If you don't do this procedure, you can still go to AUX mode to control the receiver and have the Tuner+ and Tuner- functions.

BTW, in case you haven't found it, the number keys in AUX mode will control the receivers input selections. There are a couple of other basic functions you can add to the AUX mode by using a similar procedure as adding the power off function if you are interested (I would need to give you the code to enter), but most other functions for the receiver can't be added to that remote without using slightly more complicated means.

Thanks so much Kupakai...your post also helped me out! All of the above information worked perfectly! Where did you find all of it???
post #6 of 39 Old 09-09-2007, 08:05 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtabi View Post

Thanks so much Kupakai...your post also helped me out! All of the above information worked perfectly! Where did you find all of it???

The Comcast remotes, along with some other cable remotes, are made by UEI, the company that also makes One for All remotes. While Comcast doesn't really advertise it, the remote has most of the advanced features of the OfA remotes. It can even be made to a PC programmable remote using a JP1.x cable. Even if you don't use JP1.x cable, there are a lot of information at the site above that you can use.
post #7 of 39 Old 09-09-2007, 08:13 PM

While we're on the subject, do you guys know the code for that Comcast remote. I have the same one and would like to code it into my universal.

thanks
post #8 of 39 Old 09-10-2007, 12:22 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz123 View Post

While we're on the subject, do you guys know the code for that Comcast remote. I have the same one and would like to code it into my universal.

Universal remotes made by different companies uses different device codes. So unless your universal remote is either One for All, some remotes from Radio Shack, or one of several cable remotes made by UEI, the code will not help you. If it is one of the remotes from UEI, the setup codes are either CBL/0476 or CBL/1376 for Motorola box, or CBL/0877 for SA box. If you have a different universal remote, try using the codes for General Instrument cable box for Motorola box.
post #9 of 39 Old 09-12-2007, 06:23 AM

I did what Kupakai did with the comcast temote for the hk receiver. it worked great. Then I messed with putting the receiver on the cable button,now nothing works exept turning the hk off. Can you reset the comcast remote to the original settings? I was trying to get the hk to turn off as well as turn on.
post #10 of 39 Old 09-12-2007, 07:55 AM
Kex
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by comp View Post

... I was trying to get the hk to turn off as well as turn on.

I use a Sony RM-VL600 with a h/k AVR. I had the same seperete power ON and OFF buttons issue. I just use the POWER button to turn the AVR OFF instead of ON since, when in AMP control mode, any of the input selections turn the unit on anyway ... and set it to that input, so its actually simpler too. Try it on the original h/k remote if you hadn't noticed:

Instead of pressing AVR => ON => AM/FM, press AVR => AM/FM and see what happens. I mimicked this on the Sony remote so you may have some success in doing the same with the Comcast remote (if it has any function capability for the input selector buttons from the original h/k remote, such as VID1 VID2 DVD ... ).
post #11 of 39 Old 09-12-2007, 09:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by comp View Post

I did what Kupakai did with the comcast temote for the hk receiver. it worked great. Then I messed with putting the receiver on the cable button,now nothing works exept turning the hk off. Can you reset the comcast remote to the original settings? I was trying to get the hk to turn off as well as turn on.

you can clear each device of advanced codes:

1. press and hold setup for two blinks
2, enter 9 9 4
3. press aux device key
4. press aux device key again
post #12 of 39 Old 09-13-2007, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmund View Post

2, enter 9 9 4
3. press aux device key

Everything Works great!!!!

Thanks.
What a great web site
post #13 of 39 Old 09-13-2007, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmund View Post

2, enter 9 9 4
3. press aux device key

Everything Works great!!!!

Thanks.
What a great web site

Where do you guys get all these tips and tricks?
post #14 of 39 Old 02-28-2008, 03:19 PM

Quote:

You can fix all of that.

1. Press and release AUX
3. Type 994
5. Type 00002

... just googled my way into your forumz and brought this thread back to life...

I've got the 347 and this worked like a champ on the power issues that had me cussing. Now, is there a different procedure for doing this to a Yammy 5750? I've tried both codes from the Comcast manual and the 0716 works everything but power on and power off. I cleared the advanced codes with the 994, AUX, AUX deal then tried to enter this again 3 times and it won't work for me... suggestions?

post #15 of 39 Old 04-03-2008, 09:12 PM

WOW!! AWESOME THREAD!! major props to Kupakai! This pretty much answered all my questions about getting my comcast remote to opporate my AVR except one. I made the remote turn the AVR off, but how do I turn it on? I assume 00002 is the "off" command. I tried 00001 and 00003 and none of those were the "on" command. Do you know how to pogram the remote so that when pushing 'shift, power' it turns the box on?

Thanks again!!
Chad

Quote:

You can fix all of that.

1. Press and release AUX
3. Type 994
5. Type 00002

2. Type 993
3. Press and release AUX

2. Type 994
4. Press and release CH+
5. Press and release AUX
6. Press and release CH+

BTW, in case you haven't found it, the number keys in AUX mode will control the receivers input selections. There are a couple of other basic functions you can add to the AUX mode by using a similar procedure as adding the power off function if you are interested (I would need to give you the code to enter), but most other functions for the receiver can't be added to that remote without using .

post #16 of 39 Old 04-03-2008, 09:15 PM

WOW!! AWESOME THREAD!! major props to Kupakai! This pretty much answered all my questions about getting my comcast remote to operate my AVR except one. I made the remote turn the AVR off, but how do I turn it on? I assume 00002 is the "off" command. I tried 00001 and 00003 and none of those were the "on" command. Do you know how to program the remote so that when pushing 'shift, power' it turns the box on?

Thanks again!!
Chad

Quote:

You can fix all of that.

1. Press and release AUX
3. Type 994
5. Type 00002

2. Type 993
3. Press and release AUX

2. Type 994
4. Press and release CH+
5. Press and release AUX
6. Press and release CH+

BTW, in case you haven't found it, the number keys in AUX mode will control the receivers input selections. There are a couple of other basic functions you can add to the AUX mode by using a similar procedure as adding the power off function if you are interested (I would need to give you the code to enter), but most other functions for the receiver can't be added to that remote without using .

post #17 of 39 Old 04-10-2008, 10:26 PM

Quote:

You can fix all of that.

1. Press and release AUX
3. Type 994
5. Type 00002

2. Type 993
3. Press and release AUX

2. Type 994
4. Press and release CH+
5. Press and release AUX
6. Press and release CH+

BTW, in case you haven't found it, the number keys in AUX mode will control the receivers input selections. There are a couple of other basic functions you can add to the AUX mode by using a similar procedure as adding the power off function if you are interested (I would need to give you the code to enter), but most other functions for the receiver can't be added to that remote without using...

I programmed my Comcast 3in1 DVR remote to activate the Harman Kardon AVR 146 receiver on to the AUX BUTTON. The VCR- TV - DVD inputs are found on the number keys in AUX, but I cannot access the optical input devices on HDMI1 & HDMI2? Are there advanced codes for these inputs?
post #18 of 39 Old 05-23-2008, 03:22 PM

ok I need a little help with this. I just got the HK 347 receiver and cant program a code into the comcast remote for it. I followed the instructions...

press AUX
hold Setup until Aux blinks twice
enter code 0110

its sayin AUX should blink twice if it accepts the code, mine never does can anyone give me any advice?
post #19 of 39 Old 05-23-2008, 03:45 PM
Advanced Member

Maybe you have the newer version (it has a red "Select/OK" button) that accepts 5 digit codes. Try AUX/30110.
post #20 of 39 Old 05-23-2008, 06:34 PM

thanks alot man that worked perfectly! you made my night!
post #21 of 39 Old 06-14-2008, 04:29 PM

I programmed my Comcast 3in1 DVR remote to activate the Harman Kardon AVR 146 receiver on to the AUX BUTTON. The VCR- TV - DVD inputs are found on the number keys in AUX, but I cannot access the optical input devices on HDMI1 & HDMI2? Are there advanced codes for these inputs?

thanks
post #22 of 39 Old 09-05-2008, 10:49 AM

Anyone who have the correct code for Harman Kardon receiver (A330) for RS 15-133 remote. I got everything set up for my home theater, including my Seville tower fan!, except for HK. I did learning mode programming, most of the functions work OK except for Volume control.

TP

Chatsworth, CA
post #23 of 39 Old 09-05-2008, 12:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Try code 30110, to get the volume:

1. aud or aux whichever has the HK code
2. press and hold P for two blinks
3. enter 9 9 3
4. press VOL DOWN
post #24 of 39 Old 11-07-2008, 02:52 PM

I've got my Comcast remote working perfectly except for the following: (1) Cable Mode - mute button doesn't work. Instead I get the cable box volume bar on the screen. (2) TV Mode - can't use the cable box favorite button. (3) Aux. Mode - same as (2). Vol +/- and Ch up/dn works in all three modes. I have an H/K receiver and Samsung LCD HDTV. Any ideas?
post #25 of 39 Old 11-25-2008, 09:33 PM

Hello. I am trying to program my ATT Uverse remote to control my Harman Kardon AVR 120 receiver using the AUX button. I found that the code 1055 turns it off, but won't turn it on, and code 6013 turns it on, but won't turn it off (similar to what another user said above). Any tips? Thanks.
post #26 of 39 Old 11-26-2008, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hermi14 View Post

Hello. I am trying to program my ATT Uverse remote to control my Harman Kardon AVR 120 receiver using the AUX button. I found that the code 1055 turns it off, but won't turn it on, and code 6013 turns it on, but won't turn it off (similar to what another user said above). Any tips? Thanks.

When I get up I push the button on the receiver to turn it off.
post #27 of 39 Old 01-04-2010, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenesis121 View Post

thanks

Hi I've got the same problem.
I've tried several codes and they al switch on/off
But only the hdmi1/2/3 inputs arent working, and that are the only one that I use

I have a HK avr 155
Remote from Humax 5050c

greetings
post #28 of 39 Old 03-20-2010, 08:19 PM

Thanks for the codes - all works - except I have a small issue - it doesn't select Harmon Kardon Input 2 on any key ?

Is there a way to select Input 2 of Harmon from number pad or by pressing Aux and Input key on Comcast Remote (grey center button). Right now it skips number 2 key and doesn't select input 2 resy all it selects ok.

rajiv001 at gmail
post #29 of 39 Old 12-12-2010, 01:15 PM

Finding this thread has been a Godsend. I have a Harman Kardon 3370 and with the advice up at the beginning of the thread, I now have control over Power ON, Power Off, and volume.

There's just one problem that remains. As long as I leave the receiver on AUX, everything is fine but if it happens to be on CD or anything other than AUX, none of my buttons will bring it back to AUX. The numbered buttons only give me the choices of CD, Tape and I think maybe one more thing but NOT AUX.

Anyone happen to know any magic spell in order to be able to control all of the inputs on the receiver while using the comcast remote?

Thanks!

Side note:
I don't know if it matters but just in case, my particular Comcast Remote has a RED OK/Select button.
post #30 of 39 Old 12-13-2010, 01:57 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Perhaps EFC=54501 will work?

Press Setup until 2 blinks
Enter 994 (2 blinks)
Tap Setup
Enter 54501
Tap e.g. the 5 button (or whatever buttonyou want to select AUX)
The remote should blink twice.

See post 4 for how to clear such an assignment, and see the instructions other 9XX commands
Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Harman Kardon Avr 435 7 1 Channel Home Theater Receiver