Adding new Activity with Harmony 890 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 11-28-2007, 12:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have been reading posts with interest that involve powering on/off problems. I too have the same problem, and none of the posts I have read resolve my problems. I apologize in advance if this is redundant, but I need help!

When I initially turn on my system with my Watch DVD Activity, everything works fine. The Activity turns on my projector (power toggle), my amplifier, changes the projector to HDMI input.

I have another Activity defined where I need to keep my projector on, but change the input from HDMI to Component. When I run that activity, it powers off my projector. The projector has one power button that toggles it on and off.

I thought that as long as I use the Activity button, the remote is supposed to "know" that my projector is already on, and not try and turn it on again (which in this case turns it off). It looks to me that whenever you add a new activity and add devices to that activity, the program automatically turns each device on. So, if the device is already on, the activity toggles it off. I can't find anywhere that allows you to delete the line that turns the device on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 11-28-2007, 10:23 PM
Advanced Member

It sounds like your projector is set up to use discretes for On and Off, but the assigned command is actually a toggle.

Go to "Power settings" for the projector and select "One button for both ON and OFF" and set this command as "Powertoggle"
post #3 of 7 Old 11-29-2007, 03:34 AM
Advanced Member

I have several activities that use my TV with no problems. I am sure you have your projector as part of each activity. But you might want to run the wizard again to make sure.

I also have a projector and it stayed on between two activities (home theater and dvd recorder), but now use it only in one activity.
post #4 of 7 Old 11-29-2007, 02:37 PM - Thread Starter

After more in-depth work, I found out what was happening. I did have the projector set up for the correct on/off (one button), not discretes, so that wasn't the problem. Months ago I had added two lines that execute after the activity was finished. I had done this because that projector requires a power off, a delay, and then another power off to shut it down completely. This was the only way I could get the 890 to power it off completely. Inadvertantly, this created a problem when moving to another activity. It shut the projector off!

So, I took the two lines out and now when I execture another activity, it doesn't shut off the projector. However, when I really want to shut everything down at the end of the night, I have to manually press the projector power button on the remote to get it to turn off. So, I solved one problem, but now the remote doesn't work as seamlessly as before.
post #5 of 7 Old 11-29-2007, 03:23 PM
Advanced Member

You can fix this by selecting "A button for ON and a different button for OFF".

Assign "Powertoggle" for ON

For OFF, select "Send more commands", then assign "Powertoggle" twice.
post #6 of 7 Old 11-29-2007, 07:15 PM
AVS Special Member

I have sort of the same problem when I turn my system on with Watch DVD its ok but because my projector has a two stage turn off it won't turn my PJ off the PJ ask the ? when you hit off are you sure you then have to toggle left and hit ok the problem is getting the off button on the 890 to execute those commands with one touch or the off button.

KJ
post #7 of 7 Old 11-29-2007, 10:20 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjohn View Post

I have sort of the same problem when I turn my system on with Watch DVD its ok but because my projector has a two stage turn off it won't turn my PJ off the PJ ask the ? when you hit off are you sure you then have to toggle left and hit ok the problem is getting the off button on the 890 to execute those commands with one touch or the off button.

Same process as above. Just add the "direction left" then "Enter" instead of the 2 powertoggles.

From the Harmony FAQ:

Quote:

My original remote uses one button for powering my device on and off.

Click the Devices tab on your home page.
Click Settings next to the appropriate device.
Select Adjust power settings and click Next.
When prompted with the question "Do you want to leave your device on all the time?" select I want to turn off this device when it's not in use and click Next.
On the following page select One button on the remote for turning it both On and Off and click Next. You will then be prompted to select a power on command.
Under Use these infrared commands select PowerToggle from the drop-down list and click Next. You will then be prompted to select a power off command.
Select I send more than one command and click Next to display additional drop-down list fields under Use these infrared commands.
Select PowerToggle from the first drop-down list.
Select PowerToggle from the second drop-down list and click Next.
Update the remote.

Reply Remote Control Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page