Mike, appreciate you're using the input constructively. I looked at every
other option out there & this was by far the most professional device which is why I paid $50 instead of $20 for bluwave. After going over it, some observations:
1. The ir receiver works fine with universal remote programmed as ps2 remote.
2. Most people are buying this for blu-ray movie playback control.
3. There is really no need for a pwr on function for movie playback as the disk must be inserted & powers device on automatically. (But it would be helpful for media center users, etc.)
4. If you don't want the wire & sticker messing up the clean look of the ps3 and can do w/o pwr off, get the cheaper unit.
5. Usb/bt to ir adapter will make these units obsolete.
6. Even if we get #4, you still need to program the universal remote with ps button code.
7. The product should ship with a pdf or link to download instructions with photos.
8. Your website needs forums, really.I will be the first in line to beta test bt to ir adapter.