post #31 of 47 Old 03-26-2008, 02:59 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger89 View Post

Add to that the fact that I'm just simply more of a DIY person than a "pay to get it done" person, and I'm not willing to drop a couple hundred to have someone do something I could.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jevans64 View Post

I have an RTI dealer in my area. I have purchased a lot of stuff from them in the last year. When they said that they would not provide the software with the remote I turned around and walked out.

RTI may make good remotes but they are useless to me if they want to lock their end users out of being able to add commands without having a dealer do it. I would want to change a button or command in TWO minutes --- not TWO DAYS.

URC is heading down this path also but at least I can get the software from a dealer.

RTI is not for you guys. Plain and simple. Don't sweat it.

Ask your dealer why he picked up RTI besides just being a better product?

This bloody Redcoat said I was a terrorist.

Somewhere along the way I become an Elitist who looks down on the
cheap bastards who call themselves my AV Hobbyist peers.
I am not prepared.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 47 Old 03-26-2008, 03:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jevans64 View Post

I have an RTI dealer in my area. I have purchased a lot of stuff from them in the last year. When they said that they would not provide the software with the remote I turned around and walked out.

RTI may make good remotes but they are useless to me if they want to lock their end users out of being able to add commands without having a dealer do it. I would want to change a button or command in TWO minutes --- not TWO DAYS.

URC is heading down this path also but at least I can get the software from a dealer.

RTI is smart in not giving the software out. They would get guys like me that think I can program that, make a mess of it, come on this board as a million questions, and then spend money to have someone clean up my mess. I look at it, that they saved me money. If I could only get my hands on a cheap T4?
post #33 of 47 Old 03-26-2008, 03:48 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 14
Some company's don't want to be or can't be everything for everyone. For a DIY type to say he is never going to use RTI is not going to effect RTI"s business plan.

There are products geared towards the DIY crowd...

Don't feel bad Anthem, I only personally have a T2C... lol. We did send in our RTI bucks so I should see T4 soon though...
post #34 of 47 Old 03-26-2008, 09:08 PM

We sold a few URC's out the door to a couple of our DIY guys and we spent more time walking them through programming over the phone, We could have went over and programmed it faster than the time we spent babysitting.

After the RF issues and many phone hours we decided to not sell remotes out the door, thus no support and more time to make money.

We picked up RTI as it was a better remote for our business. The URC is a great line and is perfect for the DIY crowd.

I have left software with 2 clients, One was to save us drive time for simple uploads for his changes, this way I could email his program and he could load it and test and save me an hours drive for 5 min of changes. and the other was on a left on a computer for a Theater room system as my laptop went bezerk so I loaded software to his computer and was able to get his program on there as well to finish programming. They dont even know its there. and both are now so out of date its useless now.
post #35 of 47 Old 12-13-2008, 06:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by markrubin View Post

Big RTI fan here too

RTI is just introducing 2 way RS232 control and Zigbee communications, plus many whole house control products

Sorry for bumping a bit of an old thread. But the zrp6 and the zrp5 are going to be available in Q1 of next year supposedly...

Finally!!

I was going to get an rp6, but I am going to hold out for the zrp6. I realize it is not going to work zigbee with my T2C, but I can keep the zrp6 when I buy a new zigbee compatible remote (whenever those come)

Glad I didn't go C4.
post #36 of 47 Old 12-13-2008, 10:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodshed View Post

sorry for bumping a bit of an old thread. But the zrp6 and the zrp5 are going to be available in q1 of next year supposedly...

Finally!!

I was going to get an rp6, but i am going to hold out for the zrp6. I realize it is not going to work zigbee with my t2c, but i can keep the zrp6 when i buy a new zigbee compatible remote (whenever those come)

glad i didn't go c4.

rotflmao
post #37 of 47 Old 01-10-2009, 06:50 AM

I have a 2 month old RTI - T2c remote. Last night the remote went completely dead.
Charging it would not resolve the issue. I removed the back battery lid and turned it OFF and then ON. This seemed to reboot the screen immediately and resolved the problem. I also see that they have updated the base to offer a "red" light to indicate the unit is charging and then will eventually turn blue. This base improvement could though be a for a different issue as have read about several users replacing their batteries and some appear to be swollen.

I am wondering if the improved base will resolve my issue with having to reset the On/Off battery switch?
I am also concerned that this remote could experience similar problems of battery failure reported.

Thanks
Al B
post #38 of 47 Old 01-10-2009, 07:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthemAVM View Post

RTI is smart in not giving the software out. They would get guys like me that think I can program that, make a mess of it, come on this board as a million questions, and then spend money to have someone clean up my mess. I look at it, that they saved me money. If I could only get my hands on a cheap T4?

I really like my T2C as it is one hand workable.

I just wish I could get my hands on the software to make a few minor tweaks.
post #39 of 47 Old 01-25-2009, 07:48 PM

If anyone in the Boston area needs help with an RTI remote I can help. Im a reseller for them. I also program them. I focus on the T4 but I can work on the rest of them as well.

The T4 is sure an amazing remote. I love them
post #40 of 47 Old 03-09-2009, 05:19 AM

Just received a replacement for my T2C remote. The first one kept on crashing to a dead "black" screen. Typical battery reset would reboot the unit and it would work for a week until crashing.

New remote seems to be better so far. Has a new "red" light to indicate charging and "blue" when completed. It also shows a purplish looking light when it is not apparently sitting proper on the base.

My problem is that it is difficult to place the remote on the base without having the purplish light come on. It takes me 3-4 times of reinserting the remote to get the red light to stay on.

Anyone else have this issue. Is there some sort of trick to place it properlY?

Al B
post #41 of 47 Old 03-09-2009, 05:35 AM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 331
this is a common problem with this model

keeping the charge contacts clean helps a lot: use a clean pencil eraser gently on the contacts of the remote and charge base and

don't clean too often or you may cause other problems

the only other suggestion is be sure it is seated properly when you put it in the base: sometimes you have to align it a bit
post #42 of 47 Old 03-13-2011, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL B777 View Post

This base improvement could though be a for a different issue as have read about several users replacing their batteries and some appear to be swollen.

I know this is an old thread, but I have to add something just in case someone searches for info with this problem.

A swollen battery pack is a BAD BAD thing. Treat it as though it is a potentially explosive item. These are LiPo batteries, and if one puffs, it is done. It will probably remain stable as long as there is not a voltage applied (ie., continued attempts to charge) or you dont attempt to use the battery. DO NOT attempt to recharge them or try to use it (that is when you MAY experience a protential fire/meltdown).
Remove it immediately and take it to your local recycling center and dispose of properly (put a piece of electrical tape over the contacts).

This is a result of bad charging circuit, or bad Lipo cells. NOT user error (if for some reason you try to get RTI's help). Same thing occured with Dells laptop battery recall. Should have had the same thing occur here.

I dont own or represent an RTI owner - I build custom electric RC cars as a hobby, and use LiPo batteries extensively. Once you have experienced a Lipo fire, you wont forget it....
post #43 of 47 Old 07-21-2012, 10:33 AM

We have had a T2c remote for two years with our home theater. Since then we have added an Apple TV and changed our satellite receiver.

How can I program these into the remote? Right now we have to use three different remotes, and I miss the single remote.

Our installer has since gone out of business, is there anyone in Oregon that can help with this?
post #44 of 47 Old 07-29-2012, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bneilsen View Post

We have had a T2c remote for two years with our home theater. Since then we have added an Apple TV and changed our satellite receiver.
How can I program these into the remote? Right now we have to use three different remotes, and I miss the single remote.
Our installer has since gone out of business, is there anyone in Oregon that can help with this?

Where are you located in Oregon??

http://www.rticorp.com/dealerlocator/DealerLocator.aspx
post #45 of 47 Old 02-06-2013, 06:12 PM

I am having problems programming a T3 to drive a Vizio Plasma TV. I have no issues driving the Cable box, but cannot get the tv to respond. I can select the power, volume, mute, codes for the vizio remote via library manager and when pressing the test button the tv responds. When I put the same codes into the remote, I get no response? Any ideas on how to fix this?
post #46 of 47 Old 02-14-2013, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marathons5 View Post

I am having problems programming a T3 to drive a Vizio Plasma TV. I have no issues driving the Cable box, but cannot get the tv to respond. I can select the power, volume, mute, codes for the vizio remote via library manager and when pressing the test button the tv responds. When I put the same codes into the remote, I get no response? Any ideas on how to fix this?

Are you using a processor of any type? If so, which one? Without seeing your programming file, I would say you need to check the output tab of your properties page. The newest releases of ID have great discreet codes for Vizio.
post #47 of 47 Old 05-01-2013, 11:47 AM

Can somebody help me with the name of software to be used to program RTI Controller XP6/XP8?

Using the RtiPanel Lincence for IPad as GUI.

All i need is the software name and how to get it purchased?

Thanks.
Reply Remote Control Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page